You can type here any text you want

WOT VE Curve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

A bit of an odd request but can anyone feed me an approximate WOT VE curve for a Turbo6 with champion heads a Comp 212/212 roller, and 1.65 rockers assuming stock compression? Trying to do some math on fitting the right turbo and that's pretty heavily dependent on VE. If possible I've done my modeling with 200rpm bin widths but I can extrapolate to that sort of resolution if you have something in different bins.

Thanks,

I have no idea how this will help you, but on an aftermarket ecu, I usually see around 95% at peak torque and around 75% at peak hp

I have no idea how this will help you, but on an aftermarket ecu, I usually see around 95% at peak torque and around 75% at peak hp
Thanks Cal,

Do you have any idea what it's like down around 3000rpm and if there is anything unique about the curve shape?

Call me a dork but I like doing the math on stuff and so far trying to fit my model to a supossidly stock boost curve on a stock turbo map I'm not getting very good agreement unless I reduce the VE to like 20% at 3000 rpm and a max of like 65 at 5400rpm which I just picked as peak torque. I'd rather not make a turbo selection that I thought was educated only to find my curve was way off of reality.

Thanks Cal,

Do you have any idea what it's like down around 3000rpm and if there is anything unique about the curve shape?

Call me a dork but I like doing the math on stuff and so far trying to fit my model to a supossidly stock boost curve on a stock turbo map I'm not getting very good agreement unless I reduce the VE to like 20% at 3000 rpm and a max of like 65 at 5400rpm which I just picked as peak torque. I'd rather not make a turbo selection that I thought was educated only to find my curve was way off of reality.

I will have to dig up some information I got using an engine dyno. Nearly all the cars I tune won't reach an accurate VE number at 3000 rpm with the convertor they are using unless you want a low boost VE number

That another thing I'm not sure how to properly model is the boost rise curve.

I've basically made a spreadsheet with the equations from Garrett's Turbo 103 and added in some numbers from Borg-Warner's Matchbot as an idea of the range that something should be in. I use a compressor map as the background of the plot then match the axis up to plot the points on the map. To try to "calibrate" the model I've tried to match the stock map I found here:
Google Images

Adjusting back to sealevel and down to the 231 from 256, I still have to use downright crappy VE numbers to overlay the curves.

Thanks again,

Back