You can type here any text you want

WTB low mile 87 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VETROC

Have $15K for a clean (no stories) GN with under 20K miles if anyone is interested.:)

$$ ??

:eek: none of my business regarding your price but as the owner of a 14K mile 87 Turbo Buick I can only wish you significant good luck in finding an LC2 equipped car with less than 20K miles for $15 thou. Check the market, for the right level GN you are about half the money. Even evilBay is getting over $26 thou for such a low mile car... you might need to find someone who recently had a lobotomy to find your car...

Opinions vary.....

Recently a 21k mile Turbo T sold with MSO for $13,600 .... it was on ebay and it was real....highest bid was $13,600.....every situation is different...I bought a 2005 E55 .. a $92k sticker car when new for $50k 4 months ago....the retail on this car is close to $65k at the moment... you just got to look if you want a good deal... still a lot of GN'S out there... depending on the cars and depending on the deal... a 20k mile car would be in the neighborhood of around 18-21k....but if you are smart you will look in the papers and online for cars that pop up.. right now I can tell you that I can find 4-8 GN'S with under 50k miles and a couple under 20k miles for less then $20,000 easy...i will have to travel but they are out there.... they are cars that people are having a hard time locally trying to sell and need the money .......the banks wont give more then 18k on a loan...and cash is a commodity nowadays....just keep looking...either way a 50k car and a 20k car can have the same wear and tear depending on the drivers and storage......at $15k you will get that 30-50k car by putting the work into searching

Have $15K for a clean (no stories) GN with under 20K miles if anyone is interested.:)

Don't jump on the wrong deal and overpay for a car. Patience is the key. Don't believe everything you see on e-bay.....there is a reason people have to list their cars 3 or 4 times. Your $15k will get you a very nice GN. Good luck with the search!

well said...

I think the one of the main reasons ebay has relistings is simple... the sellers are shilling their own cars.. or bidding on their own cars to increase the bid.. and if the car only holds a certain market and it wont go any higher then it has to be relisted for a no-sale.... there is a 3400 mile GN on there now with a 100% buyer with multiple bids .. the car is obviously not selling at the actual listed price... the real bid stopped at about 27k.......a lot of cars like that on there....they are only worth what someone can pay and wants to pay......it is a car not a necessity.....be patient...

I think the one of the main reasons ebay has relistings is simple... the sellers are shilling their own cars.. or bidding on their own cars to increase the bid.. and if the car only holds a certain market and it wont go any higher then it has to be relisted for a no-sale.... there is a 3400 mile GN on there now with a 100% buyer with multiple bids .. the car is obviously not selling at the actual listed price... the real bid stopped at about 27k.......a lot of cars like that on there....they are only worth what someone can pay and wants to pay......it is a car not a necessity.....be patient...

Is that an opinion or fact?

opinion related to fact

the fact that my opinion is truly a fact.....i want to give the true facts but my opinion may not be valued ... i guess that is just the fact of opinion

I had mine on ebay and listed my tel #.. I figured it was decent way to advertise around the country regardless of final bid# (reserve not met). I had people call from Cal to FL.

I still have my car, though I'm sitting on a good offer that I'll decide on in 2 days.

66K miles...15K

:eek: none of my business regarding your price but as the owner of a 14K mile 87 Turbo Buick I can only wish you significant good luck in finding an LC2 equipped car with less than 20K miles for $15 thou. Check the market, for the right level GN you are about half the money. Even evilBay is getting over $26 thou for such a low mile car... you might need to find someone who recently had a lobotomy to find your car...

I am aware that my offer may not be the highest, but I do think I will find what I am looking for as I have so many times in the past. I haven't seen many 15K - 20K mile cars selling for over $26K on ebay, but I do recall a 16K mile 1 owner GN selling on ebay for just over $16K about 4 or 5 months ago. It was a really nice hardtop that I was just not quick enough on. They are out there, just need to be patient and keep a watchful eye.:biggrin:

ANY legit, no stories cars, stock, under 20k miles & for 15 thousand that you are not interested in please forward the info to me. :)

FOR SALE...RARE: 1987 Buick Regal Limited Turbo T, LEATHER, ASTROROOF, Concert Sound, Gray, WO2 Blackout, G80 posi, 28,000 orig. miles, 100% stock & unmolested, Original paint.

Is that a 145 Speedo I see ??

I'll weigh-in here just because I'm a collector car dealer and essentially make my living on ebay:

My auctions vary WIDELY in terms of how they end. This week I put that brown 77 TA on ebay and had someone click the "BIN" within 48 hours of listing. He paid cash and it's sitting in his garage as we speak. I also had a solid offer on the orange Torino, but turned it down because I truly feel it will meet my reserve if I relisted it, and so far it is halfway there in less than one day.

Other auctions I've run, particularly for GNs, do not typically fare as well. The reason I believe is simply a matter of supply and demand. There are many many more GNs to choose from than there are equally nice Torino GTs, Trans Ams, or whatever other muscle car you can think of (besides the belly button Camaros and Mustangs). So, if someone waits long enough, chances are they may find something that meets their needs more quickly than they would for a car that isn't as plentiful.

The risk, of course, is the reality of what you actually get vs. what you're told you're going to get. Recently, I inquired about a GN with less than 10k miles that could be bought for $15k. But upon closer investigation, it turns out the car was a theft recovery and had set in an impound yard for over 6 years at one point. Doesn't mean the car isn't worth it, but I said "no thanks" to that deal because I don't want to have to make excuses and explanations for my cars.

You also have to worry about individuals' integrity. I recently bought an expensive, #s matching muscle car that, in general, is a very nice car. However, the seller was clearly not honest with me about a number of issues, after MULTIPLE long conversations and requests for more pictures. My bad for not having it inspected prior, thus part of the reason I'm doing more of that on long-distance deals now.

In the end, running private auctions, or running an auction multiple times doesn't necessarily mean anything funny is going on. I have to run my GNs more than once quite often, but in the end, I always sell them, and always for a price I can live with. That's because with me, you get what you expect, and you get what you pay for. That's worth something monitarily to some buyers, and for very good reason.

Are you going to find a GN under 20k miles for $15k? My professional opinion is "no, you won't." I pay more than that for similar cars at the auctions, and most people are pretty aware of the value of these cars since there are so many examples changing hands. It's not impossible to find, but at some point, you have to decide how much it's worth to constantly search and be without the car vs paying a little more to have one now that you can use and enjoy. It's all a matter of personal choice.

Good luck.

What Doug said.

There are A LOT of people that are looking for legit under 20K mile GN's for $15K.

I wish you luck finding one.

If you would have said under 40K miles your odds go way up in your search and you still could get a pretty nice car that has had the fuel pump replaced and other little things that correct the factory deficiencies, while still appearing stock.

I have a 25K mile GN and there is no way I would ever consider anything less than $20K for it, considering what $20K will get you in any type of other collector car. But it doesn't matter, because I'm not selling it.

But that is just me.

Back