YAY!, New Racetronix fuel pump in, knock is GONE!!

FlaBoy

Just a good ole boy...
Well, I finished instlaling my new pump and hotwire kit from Racetronix, and I have to say I'm a veyr happy customer. The install was a breeze, and everythng fit perfectly. The only reason it took me more than one afternoon was I had to track down a peice of fuel hose to replace the one i trashed lowering the tank. the best part is, my car runs so much better. My idle is more steady, my car feels a little quicker, but most importantly, my knock problems seems to be GONE. I had been knocking pretty badly at anything more than mildy agressive acceleration, and at interstate speeds at anything more than verrrrry gradual acceleration... in my test drive tonight, i didnt see any knock at all on my LED gauge (no scanmaster). It still seems to be significantly more powerful at about 3/4 throttle than full throttle, but I'm very happy with getting rid of my knock. the only question I had was where I should mount the little 20A fuse on the power wire that comes on the racetronix hotwire kit. For now It's mounted to the back of the alternator as shown in the install-guide, but that seems awfully close to the turbo-pipe. I'm assuming the kit was designed for the 86/87 cars, where that wouldnt be a problem. anyone else using the racetronix hotwire kit, please feel free to chime in if you know a better location to mount it (not many choices, since its gotta be withing 4 inches or so of the alternator power terminal). anyways, I just wanted to share my joy at getting my car running better, and let Racetronix, and anyone considering a fuel pump or hotwire kit install know how much I liked their product.

I have the same problem with my stock fuel pump which was eplaced two years ago and it is already hot wired. I am ordering a new Walro today. Thanks- Brad

I mounted mine where that support rod is supposed to be.See,I don't use that support rod from the intake to the Alt. bracket.I put a bolt through there on the Alt bracket.Looks good and is farther away from the up-pipe!HTH!Would show you a pic but because my engine bay is completely empty right now,kinda hard to do!

Originally posted by 84T-typeMike
I mounted mine where that support rod is supposed to be.See,I don't use that support rod from the intake to the Alt. bracket.I put a bolt through there on the Alt bracket.Looks good and is farther away from the up-pipe!HTH!Would show you a pic but because my engine bay is completely empty right now,kinda hard to do!

that support rod is there for a reason, i would probably put that back on. you dont want that bracket snapping at 6,000rpm on the big end.