You can type here any text you want

Yay or nay i have mixed feelings???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi guys and girls i am about to purchase another gn and it has boyd codington wheels 20 inch on it and i dont know if i like the look !!

What do you guys think???
1e26fca6864ef25b15125b6a8186183c.jpg

8f1f29b0eae452b1c242674973304ef7.jpg

92f4048560f87fc50370c820151757e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you had some Baer brake rotors to show off they would be great but as is I dont care for them.....

The rims look good to me but if you dont like them you can always buy some originals. Most important thing is how do she run?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

The 2 posts above me are spot on need bigger brake set up may improve look and wheels are one of cheapest things to change

The car comes with its original wheels and the car is mint its a florida car 60000 miles been repainted 1 time by the original dealer about 15 years ago the car has little bolt ons! And she runs great!

To my eye 17" wheels look about the best for an over-sized wheel in a factory G-body wheel opening. Twenty inch wheels are borderline donk looking.

I personally hate the rubber band tire look.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Here's what 17" wheels look like with 2" drop spindles up front & 1" drop springs in the rear.

DSC09594.JPG

They will never hook up & launch like a 15" wheel & tire will.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the big wheels, but the car would look a lot better if it was lowered. The wheel style isn't bad, they're pretty cool.

I'm not a fan of the big wheels, but the car would look a lot better if it was lowered. The wheel style isn't bad, they're pretty cool.
I was thinking the same!

I wouldn't put 20's on my TB but that's a personal preference thing. I happen to like the design of those wheels though. In the end, its your car. The only opinion that really matters is yours.

General rule of thumb : If you don't know if you like it....You don't like it.

If it were ugly you'd know you didn't like it. In this case it is not really ugly but it apparently isn't the look you are after.

General rule of thumb : If you don't know if you like it....You don't like it.

If it were ugly you'd know you didn't like it. In this case it is not really ugly but it apparently isn't the look you are after.
Your right budy i like the gnx wherl look! So i will buy the car and sell the wheels!

I bought this GN somewhere around 2009-2010 and it had these big wheels on it. The seller said if I didn't want the wheels he'd take like 1k or so off the the price of the car. I took the price break, these looked terrible in my opinion. Yours look way better than these! If this one would have had the wheels you have I may have just kept them, lowered it and see how I felt about them. There was no hope for these IROC wheels!

Not sure you can lower it without the tires rubbing the bottom side of the hood. hehe.

When seeing those wheels, Fido'sazz comes to mind...:D
As mentioned:
A. Buy it w/the stock wheels for less $. Let the seller go thru the aggravation of selling them.
B. Buy it, and you go thru the agg....
I chose "A". No fone calls asking a million ?'s. No dorks snooping around your place. No shipping hassles.:smuggrin:

Back