Yet another 200r4 Swap.

MrSony

Hello all, me again. Just wondering what all goes into swapping in a 200r4 into a 1985 Buick Regal Limited that will soon have a mild Buick 350 with a Q-jet (thinkin 400 crank hp max), and a rebuilt 3.73 7.5 rear. So, could y'all be kind enough to give me advice on what all is needed, brackets, lines, cables, linkage etc. I'd like to keep the column shift if possible, so where could I find the plate thing with the O/D symbol? And how hard is it to hook up the TC lockup, like a kit from TCI? And I know about moving the cross member back a few inches and stuff. So, in short, what will I need, and how involved will it be? :)Thanks.

What trans is in it or was in it(guessing th200c)?
If so the lockup stuff should be there unless someone pulled it. The tv cable should be there, unless someone pulled it. Cross member holes not sure about but can be drilled easily. The cooler lines might need massaged a bit to bolt up to 2004r.

You might hit some yards and see if you can find a donor car to get all the stuff.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For this swap the right QJET linkage will be needed. You need a qjet that had a 200r4 or 700r4 or you have to cut yours off and tack weld on the right arm.

Check shiftworks for the od plate as they make a lot of conversion hardware for Trans swaps.

Good luck

The crossmember should slide back and holes are already there. I use a toggle switch for the lock up and only use in 4 th on the highway.. You can leave the column shift but you will have no manual low. You can just use the 3 detents and it will give you 2,3, and od. I did a 68 Chevelle like this.