10" wide rim,will it fit a G body

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
What BS do i need to stuff a 10 wide rim in the rera,also would it fit in front ,and what BS would that be ,:cool: :cool:

you will need air bags.but they will fit. roll fender lip if youre not going to put air bags had weld drag lites 15.><10 on my 87 gn w/o air bags:D

I had 265/50/15 fronts with 4" BS on 15x8 rims.
I had to change the rim later to a 5" BS due to the Aerospace brakes requiring a 1/2" spacer, this is just an extra tid bit of info JIC.

295/50/15 rears with 4.5" BS on 15x10 rims work well.

You will want to run aluminum drums if you are too close to the frame and poly bushings help with corners or turning on steep hills etc.

On the fronts, if you lower the car you might rub when you are going fast over bumps. I eventually had to cut out the front wheel well due to 2" drop springs that went in instead of 1".

15x10 Weld Draglite 4.5" BS with MT 26x10.0x15 ET Drags, didn't rub on frame and did not roll fender, have airbags, but line to PS has a hole. Wheel/tire combo worked great with only 5psi in DS bag. Only got me a 1.71 60' though (Our track prep involves butter and sand:eek: )

Here's a 15x10 with 5 inch backspace and bfg 295-50, I did need a notch otherwise the rim would be on the frame

Attachments

• DSCF0930.jpg
    DSCF0930.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 941
15/10

I run 15 by 10 with 4 3/4 backspace with 275/50/15 Mt drag radials rub a little on corners new bushings would help. Have one air bag right side does not rub. Drivers side does little. Im sure the body is not on the frame staight and is common on these TR's could loosen the body mounts and move the body over would also help as there is more room on the pasenger side than the drivers side hope this helps.

So we can conclude that the "ideal" backspacing would be between 4.5" and 4.75" depending on the tire?

We can go 18" with 4.75" and no fender rolling?

I had 265/50/15 fronts with 4" BS on 15x8 rims.
I had to change the rim later to a 5" BS due to the Aerospace brakes requiring a 1/2" spacer, this is just an extra tid bit of info JIC.

295/50/15 rears with 4.5" BS on 15x10 rims work well.

You will want to run aluminum drums if you are too close to the frame and poly bushings help with corners or turning on steep hills etc.

On the fronts, if you lower the car you might rub when you are going fast over bumps. I eventually had to cut out the front wheel well due to 2" drop springs that went in instead of 1".
Who makes the 295/50/15's?

I run 15X10 with 5.5 B.S. and 28X10.5 ET Drag, with no rubbing at all. I have notched rails, stock wheeltubs, but would not need to roll the fender lips for the current set up (they were rolled before though).

Dunlop GT Qualifiers, you can light em up forever and they never leave a mark. Stealth street smoker and last forever, not great for 60ft times.

Tire size makes a huge difference on if you have any problems.