11" bolt on brakes

7 pages and countless help to countless members..........

but only 2 people want this a sticky? :(

I went to local yard yesterday. They have like 10 of the right year blazers but they are all wheel drive only!

Seems like if you just omit the awd drive axle it would still work? At least the spindles are interchangable..

Reman'd wheel hubs for the 2wd drive blazers are dam expensive to switch out the AWD pieces.

Any thoughts?

the 4wd lower balljoint goes in the oppisite way as the buick does so only the 2wd works the rebuild kit part number is 18029813 x2 for the calipers. $10.00 at lattoff chevy when they were in bisness, should be the same price at any gm dealer

My recent find if it helps anyone out. I just picked up the whole assembly (spindle,rotor,hub,dual piston caliper) on ebay for $130 shipped for both sides. It looks like this seller has another set or two. His number is listed on there so you can call and see if he has another set.

00 01 02 03 BLAZER/JIMMY LEFT HUB/SPINDLE/CALIPER/ROTOR : eBay Motors (item 170352107228 end time Jan-22-10 06:42:31 PST)

Theres also this set for $200 which isn't bad but it's a best offer bid so you might be able to get them cheaper.

Buick Grand National Dual Piston Calipers Hubs Spindles : eBay Motors (item 250495615910 end time Feb-05-10 13:41:33 PST)

Hope this helps someone.

Could someone give some insite on the rebuilding of the calipers? I bought the s10 brake set up and have some drag on the front brakes. Is is normal to have some drag or is there a way to eliminate it?

Could someone give some insite on the rebuilding of the calipers? I bought the s10 brake set up and have some drag on the front brakes. Is is normal to have some drag or is there a way to eliminate it?

I don't know if you read the entire thread or not but you shouldn't have any drag. It sounds like your calipers need redbuilt. From what i've read in this thread it would probably be easier to just buy reman'd calipers but if you do rebuilt them or already have make sure your do it DRY. Do not use any lube during the assembly. Mainly page 5-6 should give you the info your looking for on your problem.

Ok, can I remove the calipers and clean and dry the parts that should not have any lube? Could you explain exactly what parts should not have any lubrication..Thank you-CS
I purchased this setup from jasonehurst@aol.com and he said the calipers were remans.

Ya, this definitely needs to be a sticky.
I'm thinking of dropping by the Buick dealer and see how much all this stuff is new.

Ya, this definitely needs to be a sticky.
I'm thinking of dropping by the Buick dealer and see how much all this stuff is new.

Well you'll have to drop be the Chevy dealer instead since these are all parts off of a blazer.;) But either way my guess is that stuff new from a dealer is gonna be pricey but if you got the money go for it.

Well you'll have to drop be the Chevy dealer instead since these are all parts off of a blazer.;) But either way my guess is that stuff new from a dealer is gonna be pricey but if you got the money go for it.

I order Chevy stuff from my Buick dealer all day long. :biggrin:

I changed to this brake setup and the car does stop better, The caliper brackets DID NOT clear the backs of my Weld Draglites. I had to grind down the brackets to keep them from hitting the backs of my wheels.

Just a FYI.

I went to the salvage yard to get a set of these but they are telling me that they are only single piston calipers? What gives are they wrong?

I went to the salvage yard to get a set of these but they are telling me that they are only single piston calipers? What gives are they wrong?

Yeah they must have not pulled them from the correct Blazer. They probably pulled them from an older vehicle. The newer ones have dual pistons.

This still not a sticky yet? A shame I tell you! It has more views then both sticky threads combined
and I guarantee you this thread contributed more then just pictures to our community.
*This brake upgrade was a perfect match upgrade to my all aluminum RIKENS. Stronger brakes and lighter wheels!

All i can say about this thread is...................................after THANKS is
REPPED

Wow I am going to have to do this upgrade..................... thanks for posting it.

how bad do you have to grind down the brackets for the weld draglites to have them fit? I know all wheels are not going to be the same but was it much and just a little TLC???

Thanks, Dan

This thread just saved me about $400 in a LS1 brake upgrade i was going to do.

PLEASE make this a STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I am going to have to do this upgrade..................... thanks for posting it.

how bad do you have to grind down the brackets for the weld draglites to have them fit? I know all wheels are not going to be the same but was it much and just a little TLC???

Thanks, Dan

I had to get pretty aggressive with the grinder.:D Mostly the high spots on the top and bottom of the bracket face. It wasn't enough to weaken it at all, just enough to make me mad after cleaning, preping and painting the calipers and brackets.