140 mph speedo

Red Regal T

Recently I exchanged my stock analog speedo in my GN for one out of a Riv. The reason I changed it was most of the lights didn't work and the RIV speedometer fixed the problem. I guess the circuit sheet in the back of the case on the original was shot.

Anyway, I'm walking through the junkyard today, and come upon an 83 RIV that was one of those beige pace cars or some special model. I'm sure Eric will know the model of which I speak. I check inside and to my surprise had a factory 140 mph speedo. Pretty cool. Another advantage to the RIV speedos is that they have the gear selection and pointer on them for easy reference.

Yep. You found one of the 83 Indy Pace Car Replicas. They only made 500 of them and it was the only model to have that 140MPH job in it. The rest of the car might be worth some money too. The interiors were something special with REAL walnut veneer instead of plastic. They even had wood and leather steering wheels. I cant imagine anything left of that car, knowing the places you like to frequent for parts. I've got parts from 2 of those cars I found in the boneyard but would be interested in more. Did it still have the wire wheels and possibly the center caps? What about any of the gold emblems?

Yep. You found one of the 83 Indy Pace Car Replicas. They only made 500 of them and it was the only model to have that 140MPH job in it. The rest of the car might be worth some money too. The interiors were something special with REAL walnut veneer instead of plastic. They even had wood and leather steering wheels. I cant imagine anything left of that car, knowing the places you like to frequent for parts. I've got parts from 2 of those cars I found in the boneyard but would be interested in more. Did it still have the wire wheels and possibly the center caps? What about any of the gold emblems?

The car was pretty bad. It's a shame. Some Rivs I find aren't half as bad. I remember noticing one wire wheel, but no center cap. I remember the model well but slipped my mind it's significance (pace car). I had quite a few RIVs of that generation including turbo-charged models. Rivieras were a much better car performance wise and otherwise in my opinion than Eldorados with their anemic 260 cu in V8s.