1987 Buick Grand National T-top Digital Dash $15,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulsaGN13

back.jpgfront.jpginterior.jpgunder hood.jpgundercarriage.jpg
I am selling my 1987 Buick Grand National. It has 112,000 miles on the original unopened engine. The interior is in good shape for a 25 year old car. There are no rips in the upholstery and it is surprisingly clean. The steering wheel has some wear on it. The exterior is also in good shape. The paint has a few minor chips and scratches but it shines up pretty well.

This car has ZERO rust! It was a central Florida car until I purchased it March 2011 and drove 2200 miles to my home in Oklahoma. It has been garage kept since then.

The car runs and drives great. I would not hesitate to hop in it and drive it from coast to coast tomorrow. I bought it with 85,000 miles on it and it has only had synthetic oil in it since then. It fires up the first time, every time. It averages over 20 mpg and it is quite fast.

While I haven't had the heads off the block, this car has an incredible list of upgrades!!!

Here is a list of upgrades since 2010. This does not include everything that has been done to the car. This is just the things I have found in the pile of receipts that I have found so far.

Scan Master

Duttneck modified Intercooler

LS1 Style Mass Air Flow Sensor and Harness

LS1 Translator

Coil Pack, ECM, Spark Plugs, Vacuum Check Valve

60lb Mototron Injectors and Extender Extreme chip

60lb Commander Chip

Auto Meter Temp Gauge, Red Armstrong XP Plus Fuel Pump, Hot Wire Ignition Kit, Ignition Module

Razor's Alky Kit, installed by Razor himself

RJC Power Distribution Plate

RJC Boost Controller

Cotton's Audible Knock Sensor

Engine Torque Strap

LT1 Valve Springs

Extreme Automatics Stage 1 Transmission

Powerlogger Scan Tool

AEM Wideband O2 Sensor and AF gauge

Turbonetics TE-61 Turbo

Turbocharger oil return pipe

Replaced every inch of weather stripping on 3-30-2011! - $1,360

Oil Cooler

T-top bags

Rear Seat Frame Brace kit -

Under Hood Frame Brace Kit

2 new power window motors

New Lower Control Arms, Ball Joints, Idler Arm, Center Link

Ultra High Flow Aluminum 3 row Radiator

Dual High Output Electric Fans

Vacuum Brake Conversion Kit

Chip Foose Legend 17" Wheels and Nitto Tires

3 inch Downpipe and custom 3 inch exhaust

A/C has been converted to R-134

That is over $16,000 in upgrades in the last 2 years!!!

These are just the receipts I have sitting in front of me as I type this. I absolutely guarantee that there is another $5000 - $7000 worth of parts that I haven't included on this list.

I love this car, it is my second Grand National and it will not be my last.

I got laid off and need to come up with some cash to pay some bills.

I will consider a partial trade for a truck worth $10,000 or less and the rest in cash. On the truck I am looking for a 4x4 that is 100% reliable. Doesn't have to be that pretty.

Asking $15,000

Thanks for looking!

So.... am I too high on the price or what? I payed 15k for the car and have put almost 20k into it on top of that. It has all new suspension, new transmission, new 3 inch exhaust, scanmaster - powerlogger- wideband, Alky, Vaccum brakes, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, better fuel pump + hot wire etc... This car is rock solid and turn-key. Ready to be driven anywhere. I think $15,000 is extremely reasonable.

Price lowered to $14,000 OBO I will also take a partial trade on a 99 or newer silverado 4x4 ext cab or firearms or gold or silver coins and bullion.

So.... am I too high on the price or what? I payed 15k for the car and have put almost 20k into it on top of that. It has all new suspension, new transmission, new 3 inch exhaust, scanmaster - powerlogger- wideband, Alky, Vaccum brakes, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, better fuel pump + hot wire etc... This car is rock solid and turn-key. Ready to be driven anywhere. I think $15,000 is extremely reasonable.

maybe give it more than 2 days before you start lowering the price unless you need to unload the car NOW. it might take some time to find a buyer.

maybe give it more than 2 days before you start lowering the price unless you need to unload the car NOW. it might take some time to find a buyer.

This is day 6 that it has been posted here with zero response. I also have it posted on craigslist, the local paper and 2 racing forums. I have had a dozen people come and look at it over the last 3 weeks and while everyone says it worth every bit of the $17,000 I was originally asking, not one person has shown up with any cash. I have had 3 "men" tell me they would take it for $16,000 and then call me the next day to tell me that their wives said no.

I am a disabled vet, Combat Photographer in the U.S. Army for seven years, and I could just sit back and collect unemployment or some other form of welfare but that is not my style. I will pay my bills even it means selling my favorite toy for a massive loss.

Unfortunately, the situation is that I must sell it NOW. I have had a run of very bad luck over the last couple of months, with some family health problems and then getting laid off. It has to go ASAP.

Sadly is will go on Fleabay tonight or tomorrow and I will just have to take whatever I get.

It is hard to tell a person's true intentions sometimes over the internet, if you were actually trying to be helpful, thanks.

Sorry to hear that. I was trying to be helpful. If you want to move the car quick 10-12k would be a good deal price in my opinion to get it sold. If you want closer to your asking price you could probably get it if you wait it out for a month or two but if you can't then you can't.

Good luck with everything.

This is day 6 that it has been posted here with zero response. I also have it posted on craigslist, the local paper and 2 racing forums. I have had a dozen people come and look at it over the last 3 weeks and while everyone says it worth every bit of the $17,000 I was originally asking, not one person has shown up with any cash. I have had 3 "men" tell me they would take it for $16,000 and then call me the next day to tell me that their wives said no.

I am a disabled vet, Combat Photographer in the U.S. Army for seven years, and I could just sit back and collect unemployment or some other form of welfare but that is not my style. I will pay my bills even it means selling my favorite toy for a massive loss.

Unfortunately, the situation is that I must sell it NOW. I have had a run of very bad luck over the last couple of months, with some family health problems and then getting laid off. It has to go ASAP.

Sadly is will go on Fleabay tonight or tomorrow and I will just have to take whatever I get.

It is hard to tell a person's true intentions sometimes over the internet, if you were actually trying to be helpful, thanks.

a couple thoughts, in an effort to help.

Your car is prolly worth every penny of asking, but peolpe just want great deals in this economy, especially if they sense desperation on the seller's part. as long as your car has no drivability or other issues, it should sell in your range or close, but yes it may take time.

with these cars, especially GNs in your price range, I think it helps if they look like GNs, and 80% of that look is the wheels (I know, even though they're steel and heavy and can't accomodate bigger tires). Buyers wanting the orig wheels may be faced with an added 1-3k cost in getting wheels and tires for the car. If you have the orig ones you should put them on if mounted with rubber and take more pics. It may help for guys like me who really love those wheels and must have that "look"

also, if the car has been timed in the 1/4 or dyno'd, you may want to indicate that info since you have all the mods and those in the "modded" market will be curious as to speed/power.

as for timing and bills, it may make more sense in the short term to get the $ some other way for the billls (short term loans from fam/friends/bank), unless the bills are in the range of your car's value. that way, you can relax a little and hopefully get the price you want. if you have $$ hardship/limited fixed income, you should also look into forebearance options with the bills/debt. call the lenders/creditors and ask about that. if none of these are options, then ebay is the way to go and you'll get true bottom line $$ for the car, perhaps from someone in Sweden. just be sure it's clear that buyer pays all shipping/hauling/related sale expenses.

GLWTS

I don't really think your price is that far out of line. You've obviously put a ton into it, but the problem is you don't always get those dollars back when you sell. On top of that, I know mileage is sometimes irrelevant on these cars, especially with all the work put into them. That being said, mileage does matter to some people. I'm really only in the "looking" phase at this point, but to be honest, if I'm dropping 15-17k on a GN/Turbo-T, I'm expecting it to have relatively low mileage (under 60k).

BTW, your car looks beautiful. I hope you don't take this post as a knock on it. I honestly hope you get your price.

Its a shame all i have is 10k in cash plus have to cone down from montreal canada to come and get it if you whant thats all i have i dont whant to lowball you but thats all i have so let me know and if not good luck with the sale you got a very nice car there!

a couple thoughts, in an effort to help.

Your car is prolly worth every penny of asking, but peolpe just want great deals in this economy, especially if they sense desperation on the seller's part. as long as your car has no drivability or other issues, it should sell in your range or close, but yes it may take time.

with these cars, especially GNs in your price range, I think it helps if they look like GNs, and 80% of that look is the wheels (I know, even though they're steel and heavy and can't accomodate bigger tires). Buyers wanting the orig wheels may be faced with an added 1-3k cost in getting wheels and tires for the car. If you have the orig ones you should put them on if mounted with rubber and take more pics. It may help for guys like me who really love those wheels and must have that "look"

also, if the car has been timed in the 1/4 or dyno'd, you may want to indicate that info since you have all the mods and those in the "modded" market will be curious as to speed/power.

as for timing and bills, it may make more sense in the short term to get the $ some other way for the billls (short term loans from fam/friends/bank), unless the bills are in the range of your car's value. that way, you can relax a little and hopefully get the price you want. if you have $$ hardship/limited fixed income, you should also look into forebearance options with the bills/debt. call the lenders/creditors and ask about that. if none of these are options, then ebay is the way to go and you'll get true bottom line $$ for the car, perhaps from someone in Sweden. just be sure it's clear that buyer pays all shipping/hauling/related sale expenses.

GLWTS

Thank you for your input! You would not believe the amount of bad news I have received in the last month. I have taken some steps to hold off the bill collectors for a few weeks and I am going to go ahead and take my chances with Ebay. Hopefully it will go to some nice Nigerian fellow that just needs my help transferring some cash:D I have had time to take a step back and re-evaluate now. I will just put in a reserve price for the bare minimum I can take and hope for the best.

Thanks,
Bill

I don't really think your price is that far out of line. You've obviously put a ton into it, but the problem is you don't always get those dollars back when you sell. On top of that, I know mileage is sometimes irrelevant on these cars, especially with all the work put into them. That being said, mileage does matter to some people. I'm really only in the "looking" phase at this point, but to be honest, if I'm dropping 15-17k on a GN/Turbo-T, I'm expecting it to have relatively low mileage (under 60k).

BTW, your car looks beautiful. I hope you don't take this post as a knock on it. I honestly hope you get your price.

Thank you! I don't take it as a knock at all. You make some very good points about the mileage. I am just hoping the fact the every single thing on the car is new, aside from the motor, will help me get a bit more out of it

Its a shame all i have is 10k in cash plus have to cone down from montreal canada to come and get it if you whant thats all i have i dont whant to lowball you but thats all i have so let me know and if not good luck with the sale you got a very nice car there!

Thank you for the offer. I am never offended by someone being genuine with me. I am going to post it on Ebay this week. Feel free to take a shot at it:)

Ok IMO your wheels are going to kill your sale!
If you want better response put gnx style wheels on it or stock gn wheels
Fix the power antenna base
And there you have it
Whoever is looking at it 100% of them won't like the wheels
Swap the wheels with someone ,

Status
Not open for further replies.