1987 BUICK REGAL COUPE 3.8L V6 TURBO T w/AC

Thanks!

Yes it does, it looks more like 52,000! :D

_Christopher

I have noticed that you hustle lots of cool cars that you post on here, but I am very confused from your comments here vs your auction.:confused:

Above, you agree that the car looks good for 252,000 miles, and earlier in the thread, you posted that "I would doubt 87k [now] is original" which would still agree with each other, but ....

....Then in the VERY FINE PRINT of your ebay auction, you state that "the actual mileage correct at 87k"

I don't understand what the deal is here. The car looks good in my opinion and I am counting my pennies, but you are all over the board about the mileage and with some major descrepancies, I am becoming skeptical.

stating in one part of this thread that you doubt 87k is original then agreeing that the miles are 252k then in the auction stating that 87k is actual.

Please advise which is correct and if 87k is not actual, I would think you would change your ebay ad to reflect that.

I have noticed that you hustle lots of cool cars that you post on here, but I am very confused from your comments here vs your auction.:confused:

Above, you agree that the car looks good for 252,000 miles, and earlier in the thread, you posted that "I would doubt 87k [now] is original" which would still agree with each other, but ....

....Then in the VERY FINE PRINT of your ebay auction, you state that "the actual mileage correct at 87k"

I don't understand what the deal is here. The car looks good in my opinion and I am counting my pennies, but you are all over the board about the mileage and with some major descrepancies, I am becoming skeptical.

stating in one part of this thread that you doubt 87k is original then agreeing that the miles are 252k then in the auction stating that 87k is actual.

Please advise which is correct and if 87k is not actual, I would think you would change your ebay ad to reflect that.

I'm with this guy....I'm ready to bid, but this thread is confusing everyone. Can anyone run a Carfax or even better an Autocheck to see what the deal is? Chris, would you be willing to obtain one and post to clarify any and all confusion.

JC

When I purchased the car - I was told it had 80k on it. After I did the deal - I car faxed it, I noticed that there was a 250k recording that I guess could be a mistake of 25k getting recorded with the extra tenths. Putting the mileage at 80k as was stated in the sale to me.

After seeing the 250k, I was confused too - I'm not sure if it's correct or not. Being that it was in Florida, it could very well be 280k since they drive all year.

That's why I stated; I doubt it is a 87k orig. car, because there is some doubt.

Either way - the car is a 6900 hundred dollar car. It's super clean and runs and drives nice. Plain and simple, it does need minor TLC. I don't care if it was is 80k or 280k, it's a nice car that needs a little to be perfect.

If I don't have the actual history - I represent the cars I own as honestly as I can. I stated the mileage in the auction. I'm just not sure about it so I presented it the way I feel it correct.

If someone has a problem with the car possibly being a 280k car - which it could be - I wouldn't want them to have it.

-Christopher

JC, I have a copy of the carfax at my office, I would be happy to create a PDF of it and send it to any serious buyers.

BTW JC; autocheck is not as good as Carfax.

-Christopher

BTW JC; autocheck is not as good as Carfax.

i've seen Carfax reports that did not include accidents and especially frame damage and Autocheck did........there's also cases where neither one includes a reported accident. Bottom line if it's a concern have the vehicle checked by a pro........Autocheck and Carfax can possibly tell you a car has been in an accident but they can't tell you if it hasn't. :)

i've seen Carfax reports that did not include accidents and especially frame damage and Autocheck did........there's also cases where neither one includes a reported accident. Bottom line if it's a concern have the vehicle checked by a pro........Autocheck and Carfax can possibly tell you a car has been in an accident but they can't tell you if it hasn't. :)

True, but I have had both accounts. I have found that autocheck misses more information than carfax.

The real proof is in the pudding. When you look at a car, up close and personal, it shows you the real story; What is needs/doesn't need, what is good and what is bad.

_Christopher

The real proof is in the pudding. When you look at a car, up close and personal, it shows you the real story; What is needs/doesn't need, what is good and what is bad.

amen to that, i would definitely want to eyeballs on this unit :eek:

amen to that, i would definitely want to eyeballs on this unit :eek:

I welcome any inspection of this Turbo Regal. I have nothing to hide about this car. It is what it is, a real clean car for cheap money. If there is a serious buyer on this forum, they can come and look at it anytime they like.

Bring your eyeballs, it's a nice car.

_Christopher

When I purchased the car - I was told it had 80k on it. After I did the deal - I car faxed it, I noticed that there was a 250k recording that I guess could be a mistake of 25k getting recorded with the extra tenths. Putting the mileage at 80k as was stated in the sale to me.

After seeing the 250k, I was confused too - I'm not sure if it's correct or not. Being that it was in Florida, it could very well be 280k since they drive all year.

That's why I stated; I doubt it is a 87k orig. car, because there is some doubt.

Either way - the car is a 6900 hundred dollar car. It's super clean and runs and drives nice. Plain and simple, it does need minor TLC. I don't care if it was is 80k or 280k, it's a nice car that needs a little to be perfect.

If I don't have the actual history - I represent the cars I own as honestly as I can. I stated the mileage in the auction. I'm just not sure about it so I presented it the way I feel it correct.

If someone has a problem with the car possibly being a 280k car - which it could be - I wouldn't want them to have it.

-Christopher

Not disputing that it appears(without seeing it in person) that it is a good buy condition wise at $6900.

Because you flip cars, obviously you bought it for less than what you are selling it for, so common sense would dictate that the miles would not be actual and you would know that as a dealer having experience with cars and values.

What I was getting at was that you are stating here that miles are likely at 252k, but your auction PLAINLY STATES in the VERY FINE PRINT that 87k is ACTUAL miles, which you are stating here is not the case.

My personal take would be that there was probably a mistake at some point when the vehicle was registered, and could potentially be 87k actual, but I would have no way to know that and based on what you say in this forum, you don't either.

What would make sense would be that either the car has either 187k on it because it has tripped over the 99999.9 that the odometer maxes out at, or that it has tripped over twice and is actually 287k based on tripping twice and showing 87k now, or a third option is that the speedo was replaced at some point and miles are unknown which is obviously how it should be represented.

Who knows! either way, in the pics, it looks pretty clean. If it had 287k or for that matter 252k, you are buying the car for the condition, not miles at $6900.

I'm sure that whoever you bought it from would not have sold it cheap enough that you could buy it and make a profit if they thought the car had 87k actual miles and you being a dealer(which I am assuming since you state that you have Carfax and Autocheck and list so many vehicles here for sale) would not have bought at a low price(which you would have had to buy it to make a profit at your current price) expecting the miles to be actual at 87k either.

No one should be going into this thinking they are buying a 87k actual mile car as you are plainly stating in the ebay auction it is, because if you really thought it was 87k actual miles, you would be asking more. I don't want to get burned and will not buy it thinking the miles are actual regardless of what you are stating in the auction.

Just understand that what you are advertising in print, in the auction, you could be held responsible for, if anyone wanted to buy it on ebay and claim they bought it because they believed your statement that the actual miles on the car was 87k then come after you for the difference in value between an 87k mile car and a 287k or 252k mile or TMU car. People are sue happy these days. I would change the auction before you have a probelem that would not be worth dealing with.

I am not a dealer - just a car guy that buys a lot of cars - some to collect, some to drive, some to sell. When I saw this car - I liked it and bought it. I drove it for a while. Now I am selling it. Does that make me a dealer?

How do you know what I payed for it? When I found the car, it was advertised for $8700.

Since you know I payed less - what do you think it was?

lol.

Not disputing that it appears(without seeing it in person) that it is a good buy condition wise at $6900.

Because you flip cars, obviously you bought it for less than what you are selling it for, so common sense would dictate that the miles would not be actual and you would know that as a dealer having experience with cars and values.

What I was getting at was that you are stating here that miles are likely at 252k, but your auction PLAINLY STATES in the VERY FINE PRINT that 87k is ACTUAL miles, which you are stating here is not the case.

My personal take would be that there was probably a mistake at some point when the vehicle was registered, and could potentially be 87k actual, but I would have no way to know that and based on what you say in this forum, you don't either.

What would make sense would be that either the car has either 187k on it because it has tripped over the 99999.9 that the odometer maxes out at, or that it has tripped over twice and is actually 287k based on tripping twice and showing 87k now, or a third option is that the speedo was replaced at some point and miles are unknown which is obviously how it should be represented.

Who knows! either way, in the pics, it looks pretty clean. If it had 287k or for that matter 252k, you are buying the car for the condition, not miles at $6900.

I'm sure that whoever you bought it from would not have sold it cheap enough that you could buy it and make a profit if they thought the car had 87k actual miles and you being a dealer(which I am assuming since you state that you have Carfax and Autocheck and list so many vehicles here for sale) would not have bought at a low price(which you would have had to buy it to make a profit at your current price) expecting the miles to be actual at 87k either.

No one should be going into this thinking they are buying a 87k actual mile car as you are plainly stating in the ebay auction it is, because if you really thought it was 87k actual miles, you would be asking more. I don't want to get burned and will not buy it thinking the miles are actual regardless of what you are stating in the auction.

Just understand that what you are advertising in print, in the auction, you could be held responsible for, if anyone wanted to buy it on ebay and claim they bought it because they believed your statement that the actual miles on the car was 87k then come after you for the difference in value between an 87k mile car and a 287k or 252k mile or TMU car. People are sue happy these days. I would change the auction before you have a probelem that would not be worth dealing with.

I am not a dealer - just a car guy that buys a lot of cars - some to collect, some to drive, some to sell. When I saw this car - I liked it and bought it. I drove it for a while. Now I am selling it. Does that make me a dealer?

How do you know what I payed for it? When I found the car, it was advertised for $8700.

Since you know I payed less - what do you think it was?

lol.

I really don't care what you paid for it. It does not mater. All I was stating was that you are obviously buying and selling vehicles for a profit. It does not matter to me what you paid.

If you are doing it for a profit, it would only make common sense that you paid less than the $6900 you are advertising it for.

Please don't tell me that you pay for a Carfax account, pay for an Autocheck account and have run 28 ads for vehicles on this site alone since December 2006 and that you sell them for a loss. :rolleyes:

Certainly spells dealer to me regardless of if you have a dealer license or call yourself a dealer. Which I really don't care anyway because I go to work everyday to make money to pay my bills and there is no reason that you should not be able to do the same.

Either way, I don't care who you are or what you do or how many vehicles you sell.

My whole point is that in your ebay ad, you plainly state that the(AGAIN, IN THE VERY SMALL PRINT) miles are actual at 87k and here, you give a completely different assessment of the miles on the vehicle and if someone buys it from ebay and never knows otherwise or sees this site, they have blatantly been mislead. That is my point.

You cannot honestly sit there and state that for whatever you paid that you thought for a minute that the car had 87k actual miles on it.

You do have a level of experience with buying and selling vehicles beyond that of most people and I doubt you would buy many that you could lose money on.;)

Make fun or be an assclown all you want. I really don't care. I was originally interested in buying the car because it looks good in the pics and was reasonably priced based on what is represented in the pics, but the more I read, the more I really don't want to buy from you.

No interest in getting into a pissing contest here. Just stating my personal observations on this situation on a car that I WAS interested in potentially purchasing.

Like I said earlier, I have seen some ads for some cool cars that you have offered for sale and have often thought of contacting you about some of them. Then I read this thread and your ebay ad and see your attitude and now, I just feel like it is buyer beware in dealing with you.
:eek:

I buy and sell as a hobby. I like to own lots of cars at different times. Some people do other things as hobbies, I do this. Some I keep, some I sell. I go to work everyday for a business that is completely different. Sometimes I make money on what I buy - sometimes I loose big time.

No one is standing there with you and cheering you on when you loose money. Trust me. But I go to work on Monday and make more.

Stating my opinion of the miles does not make this a bad car or a bad deal - I do not believe that the miles are 280k. That is my opinion. If they are - the car is still a great car. If they are not - the car is still a great car with relatively low miles.

I NEVER wrote that in my auction to be dishonest. If you think it was, that's your opinion. Either way you're not helping the sale of the car - which makes you a buzz killer like the rest of the guys on this thread. Which, I really do not believe would sell on here anyway - I just wanted to see a real buyer have an opportunity to purchase what I feel is a great Turbo Buick. I like the car a lot - it's a solid, quality car and that's why I bought it.

I actually payed much more than 6k for the car. I traded a Camaro project that I was wrapped up in to my ears and couldn't sell. I saw an opportunity to have a car that I love and drive while I sell for cheap to not be too greedy and I get an a guy like you calling me a liar because of the way I stated the mileage. Who gives a s**t?

Would getting six grand out of my original investment be ok to you buddy? Can I get a little of my money back? You think it would be ok with you?

_Christopher

'
I really don't care what you paid for it. It does not mater. All I was stating was that you are obviously buying and selling vehicles for a profit. It does not matter to me what you paid.

If you are doing it for a profit, it would only make common sense that you paid less than the $6900 you are advertising it for.

Please don't tell me that you pay for a Carfax account, pay for an Autocheck account and have run 28 ads for vehicles on this site alone since December 2006 and that you sell them for a loss. :rolleyes:

Certainly spells dealer to me regardless of if you have a dealer license or call yourself a dealer. Which I really don't care anyway because I go to work everyday to make money to pay my bills and there is no reason that you should not be able to do the same.

Either way, I don't care who you are or what you do or how many vehicles you sell.

My whole point is that in your ebay ad, you plainly state that the(AGAIN, IN THE VERY SMALL PRINT) miles are actual at 87k and here, you give a completely different assessment of the miles on the vehicle and if someone buys it from ebay and never knows otherwise or sees this site, they have blatantly been mislead. That is my point.

You cannot honestly sit there and state that for whatever you paid that you thought for a minute that the car had 87k actual miles on it.

You do have a level of experience with buying and selling vehicles beyond that of most people and I doubt you would buy many that you could lose money on.;)

Make fun or be an assclown all you want. I really don't care. I was originally interested in buying the car because it looks good in the pics and was reasonably priced based on what is represented in the pics, but the more I read, the more I really don't want to buy from you.

No interest in getting into a pissing contest here. Just stating my personal observations on this situation on a car that I WAS interested in potentially purchasing.

Like I said earlier, I have seen some ads for some cool cars that you have offered for sale and have often thought of contacting you about some of them. Then I read this thread and your ebay ad and see your attitude and now, I just feel like it is buyer beware in dealing with you.

Seller beware, that's what I see when I see a bed wetting buyer like you, I wouldn't sell to you. Not that you're a buyer. You'll never own this car. I would rather drive my excavator over it, then see it in your driveway.

Best regards,
Christopher

SMS said:
HI. I have a few questions about the blue "T" .

Does the AC work?

Does the car have rear defrost, and is the rear window tinted? Tint is illegal here, and removing from a rear defrost window tears it up.

Any repairs that the car needs?

Estimated shipping to Benton Harbor, Mi.

I am debating on buying a less expensive car and doing it the way I want it as opposed to buying a turnkey higher dollar car already modded.

Thanks

Steve

Yes it does and it's been converted [the blower motor doesn't always work though - bad ground?]

It does not have rear defrost, I did list it in my original listing and then noticed that it did not. It states rear frost delete in the ebay auction. The rear window was replaced at one time - it does not have tint on it.

To the best of your knowledge, has the trans or engine ever been opened up? I would say the transmission has been replaced for sure. The engine was suppose to have been rebuilt along with the turbo. I do not have any records or receipts of either. The engine does not smoke, but uses some oil.

Blower motor, drivers power lock, cruise control, headlights have been upgraded to zenon and are not a good match for an '87 Regal - the only way they work is when the highbeams are on. I would replace them with the stock ones.

I estimated a trip for someone off of ebay to Ohio. It was $400 thru eagle transport [a local Albany, NY shipping company]. I would guess it was about the same to Mi.

Good luck in your search, there are a lot of good cars out there. Especially if you only had a few dollars to mine. If you like, make me your best offer, I like the car, but I'm in a selling mood.

You're welcome Steve,

Best regards,
Christopher