1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

What would you like to know. The TCI 6x slapped right in with a new cross-member and adapter plate. You do have to use an electronic speedo which can be a pain if you already have gauges and you have to work out a custom shifter linkage.

Spc stuff is pretty nice, someone at the shop with a chevelle went with the new ridetech coil over setup, if I did it again I'd probably use that instead of the spc springs and varishocks.

As for the vacuum setup, I think I'm going to keep it. There are 2 people on here I've talk to that auto-x with vacuum and recognize it. Also I had hydroboost on my 2nd gen camaro, and it died on me on a had turn once... scared the living christ out of me. I know these cars really don't stall out but it has me a bit gun shy to go that way again.

As for the FAST setup... doubtful. I'm not trying to do everything in the world to shave off a 1/10th here. I want a reliable, fast, comfortable car, not a race car.

What are Roto balljoints? Where did you get the cool lower front control arms? Please don't tell me the Ferrari is yours too! Any regrets with the TCI tranny?
Conrad

Did I type roto somewhere? I got the howe tall ball joints, not sure what the roto is. The lower control arms are spc as well.

As for the lower CA, they are nice because you can adjust the ride height with the spc spring seats, I can switch to coil overs with them and you get more +caster and room for bigger tires. I liked them. I got them from SC&C but spc makes them.

No ferrari isnt mine, but the Grand Sport Corvette is lol. Regrets, not with the tranny, no.

What are Roto balljoints? Where did you get the cool lower front control arms? Please don't tell me the Ferrari is yours too! Any regrets with the TCI tranny?
Conrad
The "roto joint" set up is from DSE Conrad. It's basically a heim joint on the ends with a movable joint in the middle. It's only for the rear suspension but if you PM Scot W he can give you more info about them.:)

The DSE arms have whats called a swivel link where the arm tube is 2pc with a bearing that can spin and Roto joints are spherical rod ends that are lined with delrin from UMI perf. which i have but are similar to the johnny joints from Currie and a few other companies!

that tci 6 speed and a full on coil over set up with all wheel disk brakes is my deam let me know how that baddel shifter works looks like it could make are cars retarded fun to drive
how did i mount to the steering colum any heavy modding
iv also been looking at the level 3 kit from ride tech looks amazing yours is nice too hard choices

The shifter works fine. The screen is actually a lcd display and shows the gear in bright red letters, very cool. It mounts fine, like an aftermarket steering wheel.

So, the interior is done except for a glove box install and door felts. The engine is 100% done as is wiring. Only waiting on headlight buckets and some final wiring on the paddle shifter. These are quick pictures text to me, I'll get some much better ones. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet but I'm told its insanely quick by guys that are used to unreasonably fast cars lol.

photo (5).JPG
photo (4).JPG

It really should be. It's without a doubt unique and one of a kind and all that work should be on display. I'll be down there as usual so look forward to checking it out. Thanks.

hello; I do like that carbon fibre look. Lets see your but in the drivers seat and give us a pose and a smile. Maybe even a gesture for the crap that was said about your financial dealings with the car.
It's all good and it's getting closer all the time.
very nice
IBBY

Fuzzy cell phone picture update but it gives you an idea of the seats. As a recap the front seats are recovered 2006 GTO power seats and the rear are 100% custom seats copying the style of the rear 2006 GTO seats. Both are in black leather with perforated center sections.

photo (4).JPG

Consider them teasers lol. There are a couple of loose ends being handled. Final alignment is monday, tci retrofit harness for the paddle shifters lcd display and the stardrive system has some final wiring. Then I'll take it out for some good photo's for everyone with a nice walk around.

I also have a tentative arrangement with a friend of mine to go out and get the real performance specs on the car; skidpad, slalom, brake distance etc. I'm also going to try and go to the track in the next week or two and get the 1/4 mile and hopefully in the same amount of time a dyno session. Will be interesting to see the real world results of all this work, the seat of the pants dyno and g-meter says it will be impressive

hello; Your not messing around and it sounds like a magazine article on the performance testing. Sounds interesting.
IBBY