1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Went to the shop and the car is out of the paint booth. They still need to wet sand it (they do it to 3000 grit), cut and buff it. I'm sooo happy on how this paint job is turning out. I snapped a few pictures with my iphone of the car, its like a mirror, the specs you see are dust

This is the front drivers fender
IMG_0724_zps6773a195.jpg

This is the rear drivers fender, this is actually mainly car the entire reflection is actually the paint
IMG_0723_zps13b1899b.jpg

This is right behind the drivers door
IMG_0722_zps812a683a.jpg

A view of how the shaved drip rails came out
IMG_0726_zps8acc6d0a.jpg

And a roof shot
IMG_0725_zps16661bbe.jpg

They were actually embarrassed I was taking pictures, reassuring me it will look much better after they cut and buff it lol

Wow. That's a great job. I cannot wait till mine is ready for paint.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You said this is a roof shot and I thought you actually took a picture of the roof of the building and posted it until I realized it was the reflection of the ceiling on the roof of the car. Looks really good. I can't wait to see the car completely done.

Those drip rails or lack there of are awesome! Paint is great too. Can't wait to see it complete; likewise I'm sure.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah, I love the look... looks like it should have been that way from the factory. Hopefully this Tuesday/Weds they are telling me

Another update. The majority of the car is done and buffed. The flat black still needs to be shot and is being done today. The only delay is the spoiler at this point, here is what it looks like now

IMG_0753_zps48ef7e64.jpg

IMG_0754_zpse0bc7d2d.jpg

IMG_0756_zps72c72a61.jpg

The doors were buffed out and I wanted to show off the Aston Martin door handles, I love the way they came out. Sorry for the dust in the pictures.

IMG_0758_zpsd24377f8.jpg

IMG_0757_zps7e667b18.jpg

Supposed to get the car back assembled completely tomorrow where it will go back to the shop to finalize the stereo install and a few interior pieces, racing towards the finish line now!

Love the door handles and the spoiler shape came out looking real good, can't wait to see them on.

Those handles and spoiler are truly awesome touches and are guaranteed to set your black regal apart from the thousands of others.... this is one of my favorite builds of all time... Now its not just another clean GN, it has its own personality. Keep it up, can't wait to see whats next.

ps You could probably make a mold and sell some spoilers to recoup some money.

aaron

Thanks for the compliments guys. The extra touches really make me happy with this car and make it my own. A couple people have said the same thing about the spoiler but I'm not really interested in manufacturing or even giving up a bit of the DNA that makes my car mine.

That being said, making a slightly larger wing without the notch is very easy and looks great by itself, the center of the notch is actually the stock wing so you can see how much was actually added. I find it hard to believe nobody makes a larger one already.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The extra touches really make me happy with this car and make it my own. A couple people have said the same thing about the spoiler but I'm not really interested in manufacturing or even giving up a bit of the DNA that makes my car mine.

That being said, making a slightly larger wing without the notch is very easy and looks great by itself, the center of the notch is actually the stock wing so you can see how much was actually added. I find it hard to believe nobody makes a larger one already.

I dont blame you for not reproducing them.... one offs are much better when they are ONE off.

also somebody makes a taller, Flat "nascar-style", sheet metal wing but thats all....

aaron

Amazing ride!! I plan on painting my car from the original black cherry metallic to black. My question to you is what did you do with the moldings? like front and rear windows, gutter trims around the driver and passenger windows? did you paint them along with the car (shiny black) or did you go with the original satin back?

Gutter trims were shaved but all the trim is satin black, including the gnx vents and tta hood vents. It gives it a nice contrast with the gloss and my wheels are more matte as well with the shotpeened finish

Car was delivered by the body guy today, I love the way this car came out. The paint is perfect and a mirror all the way around, I couldn't be happier. Now the final interior/wiring/tuning starts and it should be at its first cars and coffee meet in the next couple of weeks!

The spoiler isn't finished yet, I was really picky on it so its a few days behind.

ps, look at the black riviera in the background, full chassis and an LS7... buick glory!

IMG_0773_zps69d44389.jpg

IMG_0774_zpsa5b6cb92.jpg

Thanks, I'm so happy with how it came out. All the subtle mods add up to a very sleek looking car