1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Your car looks great Dave but that poor Riviera needs to be put out if it's misery.:( Chevy engines just don't belong in a Buick, no matter what others say.:mad:

lol, GM says they belong too.. same engines in buicks as chevys for awhile now

How has the window opening trim been modified since you have no drip rails now? I could see myself doing shaved rails and McClean's flush quarter window kit; it would be pretty smooth looking.

The piece that becomes the back part of the drip rail on the door was cut. Rest stays the same. I'll warn you, shaving these was much harder than the camaros I'm used to. The front of the a pillar twists and curves if you look at it. It basically had to be custom shaped after being shaved, was a lot of work

One would go on the rear deck lid where the stock one goes, the second would go on the grill where the stock buick logo goes now

Update time, car is coming together at a breakneck pace... finally.

Sorry for the blurry/dusty photos but it was the best I could get today for some reason.

Back seats are in, figured this was a great time to take a picture with the front seat out
IMG_0785_zps07709cc8.jpg

IMG_0784_zps9200abcc.jpg

Rear panel was remade and wrapped in leather
IMG_0789_zpsec78fc60.jpg

IMG_0790_zps228f3394.jpg

Billet door jamb vents are installed, black anodized
IMG_0788_zpsb7cc9c4d.jpg

Front Dash pad wrapped in leather, not attached but you get the idea
d2b743e8-2a15-4ed2-88d4-8e8e02669c18_zps2e9eeac1.jpg

IMG_0786_zps464ab339.jpg

And a bit of a secret surprise, if you can even see it....
IMG_0792_zps6d76b69c.jpg

WOW Dave your ride get better and better looking
GM should have hired you to design the GN, I also like the seat and leather look.
What is the secret beside having a one piece front air dam, and did you make that one also?

WOW Dave your ride get better and better looking
GM should have hired you to design the GN, I also like the seat and leather look.
What is the secret beside having a one piece front air dam, and did you make that one also?

The secret is the sensors for the built in radar detector and laser jammers. There are 3 sensors up front and 3 in the rear of the car

Have a link for the billet jam vents or did you have those made?
Looking great as usual

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hello people; Those rear seats kinda remind me of a old Riviera. Like a 64,65 where they had the rear like buckets. Pretty nice.
IBBY