1987 Ttype Very Nice 7,700 Runs Great

I had the car looked at..

I live in TN and the car is located in PA, So I had some help from a couple members here that I never met before in my life and they went to look at the car and here is the Non-bias opinion sent to me by one..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a data dump per our conversation yesterday, just as jotted down so apologies if there's no particular order though I answered your questions in order (pretty much).

Top roof old sheetmetal damage-- slight outward (bondo?) protrusion on PS near edge of sunroof
No side rail frame damage, looks never in serious accident

No PA inspection probably due to bypass pipe and possibly gutted cat
Boost gauge inoperative
Lopey idle, normal noise, but no smoke, knocks, or scary stuff
Pretty smooth operation
No oil leaks apparent
Trans pan quite clean which supports assertion of very recent service

No exhaust leaks
Car rides well, belies its mileage, no cowl shake, tracks well, no noise from posi on turns, no noises or rattles to speak of (except top dash insert seems to make noise when driving-- probably due to cracked areas rubbing together)
Car is FAST, engine sounds quite strong and trans shifts firmly

Exterior lights work, turn signals okay, lights okay but high beams INOP due to broken stalk
Need new column and t/s stalk assembly
Some bubbling areas and evidence of VERY POOR PREP AND BODY WORK, but no rust holes I can see
This is a 10 footer overall
Chrome on mirrors fairly decent (mirrors look neat!)

For a nice repaint, I would without question have to replace trunk and passenger side door and do an entire strip of the car-- this would be EXPENSIVE

Sags and runs in paint in areas (worst on PS door) and lots of bondo and waviness, esp in PS door

Lock damage (pry marks and sheetmetal damage) on trunk and PS door
ATR exhaust new, no issues, BIG BIG BIG diameter!
Bilstein shocks at rear look fairly recent

Red stripe injectors
Some bondo under seams under doors (where joint at factory) but not scary
Minor crazing of bondo at B-pillars high (probably stress filled in before paintjob)
Steering column shot
Wheel caps present and okay
Paint outward dent dimpled from a load in trunk, paint cracked (DS rear quarter)
DS front seat belt receptacle next to console needs replacing
Under wiper cowl cover (black) refinished poorly and rusted partially--- car prob sat out for much of its life

Headlight bezels repainted and flaking off
Front grille surround to hood replaced and cut short on DS so gap above DS headlight
Wheels need paint refinishing, chrome okay for driver
VIN tag rusty (surface) indicating prior dampness at or water intrusion windshield
Tint job on rear of car, would need to redo rear window because it's a poor job
Upholstery surprisingly not bad, but left bolster of DS bucket has holes
Chrome bumpers surprisingly good, probably had been replaced (not commensurate with rest of car)
Bumper fillers in rear need strip and refinish
Front tires switched to rear and vice versa-- fronts now worn, rears okay
Leather on top of steering wheel beat-- needs prep and redye (or recover)
No power seat, windows, or locks to check

Evidence of tire-boiling burnouts on wheel surround trim
Dealer told me this is salesman's favorite one to drive (warning!)
No damage to rad support our surround, looks like unhit front, despite header panel replacement (headlight / grille surround)
Fluids okay, rad tank full
No drips underneath, checked ground from sitting, nothing to speak of

Sunroof works 100% (rather nice, actually) and no evidence of leaks (current or former)
Clean underneath

No spare in trunk
Was silver
Air conditioning inoperative (does not blow cold at all)
Red stripe injectors
Crane Cams Blue 8.5MM wires look recent and good
Engine bay filthy, some wiring changes, but not anything scary
Lights okay
DS front bumper marker needs replacement-- cracked

NOTE: COULD NOT DO SCANMASTER READINGS DURING TEST DRIVE, WAS HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE

This car needs moderate cosmetic work and has not been pampered for sure. She is tired-- except for the engine and transmission which sound pretty strong!

Hope this helps!

You seen the car, not much wrong with it at all? Dont get me wrong its not a show car, but a very nice looking driver? The only reason i am selling is i have to many cars now, you can pull up my auctions on ebay and see i am into mopars and i am even selling off 3 of them? The car runs and drives great, maybe you know something that i dont, but i drive the car, i own the car, and see nothing at all wrong with it besides the steering column and the drivers door lock is a little nicked up...

Well if you look back about a year ago i think i purchased the best car on this sight, but i am not a turbo guy, just because i am not that educated on them? This is why i bought the one i have now, i spent 25,000 on my last one, i like them, but at this time i need to sell off a few cars.

I think your making sound a little rough, just my 2 cents? The tires i looked at and are at 80% all the way around, and for the record the back tires are much wider then the fronts so they were not switched at all...I would agree on most of your findings, and i noted its not a show car but something that you would be proud to own.Now unless you spend 12-18000 on a show car, this is a very nice driver as stated...Thanks scott

I think your making sound a little rough, just my 2 cents? The tires i looked at and are at 80% all the way around, and for the record the back tires are much wider then the fronts so they were not switched at all...I would agree on most of your findings, and i noted its not a show car but something that you would be proud to own.Now unless you spend 12-18000 on a show car, this is a very nice driver as stated...Thanks scott
NOTE: These were not MY findings! These were from a nice reputable member from here who went to look at the car for me and all I did was post exactly what he sent me. I was simply relaying the information Good & Bad. Nothing meant behind it at all..

Scot W.

You seen the car, not much wrong with it at all? Dont get me wrong its not a show car, but a very nice looking driver? The only reason i am selling is i have to many cars now, you can pull up my auctions on ebay and see i am into mopars and i am even selling off 3 of them? The car runs and drives great, maybe you know something that i dont, but i drive the car, i own the car, and see nothing at all wrong with it besides the steering column and the drivers door lock is a little nicked up...

Not much wrong with the car did you read the above post which backs me up 100%

Plus The paint is not the original color and when asked if he had the paint code he said no This is a Silver flip flop paint Very hard to match. AND If my memory serves me correctly the power roof is not Factory also