1987 Turbo Regal on CL

I wouldn't be suprized if its at Geno's house allready! Thats a good price bit it look like it has paint issues.

You just MIGHT be seeing it at Turbo Thunder 8. :biggrin:

Not with me behind the wheel, but lets just say it will be in the hands of an experienced turbo regal owner. ;)

That didn't last long! Great price. A dude down here in Grants Pass is asking $6k for one that's got 104k, and it's in slightly worse condition.

I guess I'll let Pat off the hook.

It's MINE!!!

She's rough around the edges but it runs and drives and is stock as hell. It has one of my most important ingredients...POSI!

Glad to have a turbo car back in the stable. This one is in dire need of spring cleaning. I would be VERY surprised if the intercooler had ever been off the car. I'll be making some room in the shop and tearing into it next week.

DEL said:
I guess I'll let Pat off the hook.

It's MINE!!!

She's rough around the edges but it runs and drives and is stock as hell. It has one of my most important ingredients...POSI!

Glad to have a turbo car back in the stable. This one is in dire need of spring cleaning. I would be VERY surprised if the intercooler had ever been off the car. I'll be making some room in the shop and tearing into it next week.

About a week or so too late Dave !!! ;) :D

Yep, if I had this thing a week ago I'd be thrashing and would have raced it nomatter how slow it was!

I just came in from looking it over some more. It's got the standard big-old crack in the drivers side header, it needs carpets and floor mats inside, and its going to need all the recipe items, thermostat, chip, cat-back exhaust, K&N, injectors, etc etc...

First things first though...a thorough cleaning! and a complete fluid change.

I do have two gremlins to deal with also...incase anyone has run into these before:
1. When the headlights or parking lights are turned on I hear a warning chime under the dash. Problem is it chimes all the time, even when the car is running :)

2. The tach doesn't work (standard analog speedo). I see the first LED and nothing else. It doesn't move or anything.

Gotta get a personalized plate for that thing: GRANDPA :biggrin: I was thinking all day how odd of a combo that thing is.

DEL said:
I do have two gremlins to deal with also...incase anyone has run into these before:
1. When the headlights or parking lights are turned on I hear a warning chime under the dash. Problem is it chimes all the time, even when the car is running :)

2. The tach doesn't work (standard analog speedo). I see the first LED and nothing else. It doesn't move or anything.

Unplug the chime module and buy a real tach :eek:

That is good Dave, all stock to begin with too, that is when the fun starts, we will see ya next year @ TTVIII.

Ron

The chime module is definatly bad! I have a part # if you need it. The last one I bought was about $30 plus shipping. Or as mentioned you could unplug it but then the warning for the lights on and keys are in the ignition is gone and could cause problems if you are the forgetfull type! :biggrin: