1987 Turbo T Stage 2 9 sec street car

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
Prolly kick myself but I think it's time to part with my 87' T. It rarely comes off the lift and my family obligations in the last year have doubled with the addition to our family. Car needs to go to a home that will use it...

The car is a 1987 Turbo T moonroof car,black w/chrome trim, grey interior. Car has run 9.93 on MT dr's at 137 mph. Only about a dozen passes on the fresh engine assembled by me. There is more left in the combo, I never have been one to really push the envelope. Folks that know this car and have seen it can confirm how clean it is and what kind of work I do...Here's a few specifics, email me at sporter600@charter.net for further info. Asking price is 25k..Also have an extra Stage 2 headed oncenter engine fresh on the stand that can be worked into the deal.

Engine basics: 270" Stage 2 offcenter 4.020 bore, 3.59 BMS crank, std/std, Ross forged 9:1 pistons with 2 spares with coated tops and skirts by Callico Coatings, Carillo 6.5 rods with large SPS rod bolts, GN1-R heads just portmatched, Ferrea valves, T&D ind. shaft rockers, solid roller 224/224 cam,ATR headers, LT-76 turbo w/ 4" comp housing and .85 3 bolt exh housing, FAST B2B system, dual nozzle alky setup from Razor, 83# inj flow matched by Chuck Leeper, Champion A/C delete bracket w/ alternator relocation..Engine has 20psi hot idle oil pressure..All bearings were also coated by Callico Coatings. .etc, etc

Tranny: Full Billet Race 2004r built by Lonnie Diers at Extreme..Shifts nice and firm although the shift points could be raised on the 2-3shift a few hundred rpm. 9" Art Carr non lockup..It was reworked by Kip Asplund when the new engine went in the car. Deep alum tranny pan..etc etc

Rear end: Duco lightweight spool with 33 spline Moser C clip elim axles, rear end girdle, axle pinned and welded at all bolt holes for added strength, Metco alum lowers, adj uppers

Interior: Ernie MacDaniel 6 point bar w/ swingouts, RCI harness, rest of interior remains stock

Exterior: Paint is an 8 out of 10. It has been painted prior to my owning it. Someone did a nice job. A few nicks here and there...All chrome is in good shape. Only place I know that needs attention is on the pass side in front of the rear tire there are two bubbles in the paint that could open up at any time. Needs to be sanded down there and repainted...

IMO the car needs the following: New window weatherstrips and the windows adjusted properly. That's really about all it needs at this time...

If you are looking for a nice looking 9 sec ride you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one for the money. There is more left in the combo..Wouldn't surprise me if it would run some high 9.70's on DR's with the current configuration.
Email me for more info..Scott

Attachments

• irp 2006 friday 026 (Small).jpg
    irp 2006 friday 026 (Small).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 6,988
  • Indy06.jpg.2 (Medium).jpg
    Indy06.jpg.2 (Medium).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 6,742
You said it : ) Got too many as it is...Will post engine shots when I return home this evening.

Lee Thompson said:
I've seen the rear of car.
Well worth the $

Did it look like this? :cool:
hpim0175resizedn9.jpg

Very Very nice looking car. I saw it run at Indy and had to sneek a peek of it in the pits.

Thx guys..Just don't have as much time for it as I did a couple years ago. Honestly, I"m taking the money from the car and going to go ahead and pay for my kids college. Get that outta the way...Can build another car later once he gets a little older. It's not hurting anything sitting, just could do other things with the extra funds. Some folks have shown interest in the past few months since I hinted around about selling it...

Leo, be honest...You only saw the back of that car once out of the three times we raced. You treeeed me bad all three times...Just not as bad the last pass. Third times a charm : ) Call u tomorrow to touch base...

Dan, that picture drives me crazy...All the brake dust on the wheels..Forgot to mention the car has Aerospace brakes up front.

Attachments

• DSC00606 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00606 (Medium).JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 7,402
Guys, this car is just about as nice as you'll find. Scott is VERY particular about his cars (fanatical to a point ;) )

Anyone who is "serious" about buying a nice REAL, PROVEN, 9 sec car should look no further..

Hate to see you selling her Scott..

Hope the little one is doing well.

Warren..

BTW, You could NOT buy a car from a nicer, more honest guy than Scott as well.

Ahh bringing a tear to my eye Warren :biggrin: Gimme a call sometime when you can work me into your busy schedule : )

Interior Pics

Very Nice! Its Kool To See A Stage Motor With A 2004r And Going 9's With It. Kinda Rare These Days. Thats A Steal At That Price. HOWBOUT SOME INTERIOR PICS? GOOD LUCK.

Suprised It Is Still For Sale!!!

Interior shots are coming...Thought I had some decent ones on my home computer but was mistaken. I'll get it out this afternoon and take some....One other thing the car needs is body bushings all the way around.

A guy would be hard pressed to build one that nice for that kind of money. I sure wish you would put some slicks on that and turn it loose just one time.

If ya ain't cheating, ya ain't tryin!!

Seriously, I've seen SO MANY people posting about how they want a fast car, some say money is no object, ready to buy, etc.. Guess what, Here's your car.. if you are truly serious..

I'll trade ya an F-350 Scott... :D