1st time to the track with the tta...

j13smiley

being that it's the only automatic car i've ever owned... any tips for my first race trip in the tta? do you guys use the brake and e-brake at the line? depending on track conditions and my street tires i probably won't be able to leave very fast without the tires spinning anyway so i'm not too concerned about it...

i'll be running street tires (goodyear gsc). so i'm assuming air down the rears and air up the fronts (20 lbs rear, 40 lbs front?)

keep the hood open while not racing to try to cool things down.

- car in D not OD
- drive around the water box not into it
- quick burnout just to clean off the tires
- stage
- stand on the brake and try to get the rpms up
- release brake, floor it, try not to spin tires, hope nothing breaks.

anything else?

Make sure T-tops (assuming you have them) are closed and locked. Don't need them flying off at 100 mph.

Or should you just remove them, so they don't flex and crack?

I would do a huge burnout, ive found with street tires you dont want to air them down, and you want a good clean surface.

Drive around the water and do the rolling burnout, make sure you pull forward enough out away from the waterbox so you dont pick up anyone elses left overs on you new clean surfaced tires....

Splash some race gas into it if you dont have a meth kit, keep the KR at 0 and thats tuning it for no knock is best.

How did it go?

Id have my reservations about ever going to the track with mine much less on street tires. Wouldnt want to wad it up in the wall trying to get a piece of paper that says its fast