224 Stage I Single Turbo Buick V6 does the impossible. 8.76 @ 158.7

IM BACK !!!!!!!!!

What most people use a AMS 1000 for is for boost control so they can get a fast car down the track within different track condition situations. You keep saying it is working for you, so you don't need to put the proper numbers in there because the "fudged" ones are working for you. So your opinion is that your car is applying the power correctly with the settings you have ? then why the traction issues ? at the 1-2 shift i am at 95 % of my full target boost and thats on radials. still think your "fudged" numbers are right ?
The last testing session with the car, and the last two passes of the day, the car ran 5.67s on both runs at exactly the same mph down to the thousandth of a mph. What do you think?

LOL Now how did I know? :biggrin:
I've already learned long ago that you're not a person worthy of my help in any way. Posts like this just help confirm that feeling.

See hear you go again opening your mouth and removing all doubt........ AGAIN !!!!

Yes, you can drop it after you answer one question.

Is the 'graph view' ever not a true representation of the control pressure curve that the controller will attempt to provide, no matter whether enough time is given for a ramp up or down to a particular target number in the settings?

No. Goodbye :biggrin:

There are numerous designs of ringless input shafts. I have the strongest design I can run in the standard diameter without having to swap everything over to the TCI ProX shaft.

Since I never ran into overheating issues I have not had to modify the bushing inside the stator support to force fluid through the circuit.
I see. Thanks for the civil conversation, Dusty.

The last testing session with the car, and the last two passes of the day, the car ran 5.67s on both runs at exactly the same mph down to the thousandth of a mph. What do you think?

You really don't want to know what i think.......... was the car fully planted on the pass or were you spinning thru parts of the pass? because if you cant control the power PROPERLY it will spin.......... what do you think ??

You really don't want to know what i think.......... was the car fully planted on the pass or were you spinning thru parts of the pass? because if you cant control the power PROPERLY it will spin.......... what do you think ??
Good night, Tony.

You're welcome to think whatever you want of me.
I prefer to help those that are polite in their approach and not so quick to show their other face, when they have another face to show.

Well I'm not one of the faster guys here but I will make an appeal for Donnie here. I've followed most of his threads and they have been very informative. He's not trying to do something for anyone else but himself.:biggrin: he's not trying to make an earth shattering car but is having fun doing exactly what he's doing. Isn't that's what it's about here guys.:confused: We've even talked on the phone a couple of times and emailed back and forth. He's straightened me out on a couple of theories I had so thanks again Donne.:biggrin: He's not following any set pattern or design or combo but he is making progress to make the car faster.:cool:

Now if only he'd get the chasis weights done so I can help him set it up better.:biggrin: Sorry Donnie, I hadda.:smile:

You're welcome to think whatever you want of me.
I prefer to help those that are polite in their approach and not so quick to show their other face, when they have another face to show.

As with most of your threads, I regret getting involved.

I politely asked you a question to which I received an arrogant answer. I responded sarcastically and then I get insulted. Not sure what I've ever done to deserve being labeled by you as "unworthy". The one time I did get on your case I went back and apologized. Maybe we both took things the wrong way - I don't know. Any of these guys that have met me personally can tell you I'm as easy to get along with as they come.

Thanks again Cal. :rolleyes:

I politely asked you a question to which I received an arrogant answer. I responded sarcastically and then I get insulted. Maybe we both took things the wrong way - I don't know. Any of these guys that have met me personally can tell you I'm as easy to get along with as they come.

Thats why i hate the internet. Words get taken the wrong way. I have never meet you but i have meet and talked to donnie. Donnie is a very nice guy and easy to get along with. I think alot of things here get taken out of context .

Also from the buick guys i have meet that have alot of knowledge they like to share and brainstorm (expect a few A* :eek:) and that sometimes creates some head butting

I politely asked you a question to which I received an arrogant answer. I responded sarcastically and then I get insulted. Not sure what I've ever done to deserve being labeled by you as "unworthy". The one time I did get on your case I went back and apologized. Maybe we both took things the wrong way - I don't know. Any of these guys that have met me personally can tell you I'm as easy to get along with as they come.

I have hung out with Wil on a few i am sure occasions and i am sure his posts may have beeen taken wrong as he is one of the most laid back,considerate people I have ever met.

Well I'm not one of the faster guys here but I will make an appeal for Donnie here. I've followed most of his threads and they have been very informative. He's not trying to do something for anyone else but himself.:biggrin:

Thanks Charlie. Donnie pretty much summed up his intent when he made this post:

If some of you haven't realized it by now, the majority of my threads and postings are meant to share with others the adventures I've gone through with this project, and maybe teach something to someone. If nothing else, to show them that there is more than ONE way to skin a cat. The feedback has been fun, but believe me, there's very little that I can't figure out on my own, and I think I've proved that throughout the many postings I've made.

In this particular thread, I challenge anyone to find where I asked for advice from anyone. I started this thread with the intent of treating it more like a Blog than anything else. So some of you can get off your high horse. I'm not asking for your almighty advice. Constructive comments, questions, or suggestions are welcome, but as I already stated, I am well capable of figuring things out on my own.

Since he doesn't understand a basic principle of the AMS boost controller, I was offering constructive comments and suggestions. I realize he said "there's very little that I can't figure out on my own, and I think I've proved that throughout the many postings I've made." Once I realized he was missing something, I drew his attention to it. The reason it's taking so long is because he doesn't know what he doesn't know :smile:
I understand we can all just ignore him and let him do it his way. My concern with this is he starts these blogs (his word) and then someone might read it and assume the information is all good. There really needs to be checks and balances. I have had at least a dozen conversations with my AMS customers, explaining why we don't do it the DonWG way :redface: I hope that if anything, he calls his AMS vendor and get the tech support he deserves.

I also want to aplogize to Will for drawing his attention to this thread. Will is a great guy, whom I have a lot of respect for.

Well I'm not one of the faster guys here but I will make an appeal for Donnie here. I've followed most of his threads and they have been very informative. He's not trying to do something for anyone else but himself.:biggrin: he's not trying to make an earth shattering car but is having fun doing exactly what he's doing. Isn't that's what it's about here guys.:confused: We've even talked on the phone a couple of times and emailed back and forth. He's straightened me out on a couple of theories I had so thanks again Donne.:biggrin: He's not following any set pattern or design or combo but he is making progress to make the car faster.:cool:

Now if only he'd get the chasis weights done so I can help him set it up better.:biggrin: Sorry Donnie, I hadda.:smile:
That's OK. I deserve that. It will come.

Thank you Otto and Cal. No apologies necessary Cal - I was just jerking your chain. :biggrin:

I knew better than to get involved. You were right Cal - it just sucks you in!

Since he doesn't understand a basic principle of the AMS boost controller, I was offering constructive comments and suggestions. I realize he said "there's very little that I can't figure out on my own, and I think I've proved that throughout the many postings I've made." Once I realized he was missing something, I drew his attention to it. The reason it's taking so long is because he doesn't know what he doesn't know :smile:
I understand we can all just ignore him and let him do it his way. My concern with this is he starts these blogs (his word) and then someone might read it and assume the information is all good. There really needs to be checks and balances. I have had at least a dozen conversations with my AMS customers, explaining why we don't do it the DonWG way :redface: I hope that if anything, he calls his AMS vendor and get the tech support he deserves.

I also want to aplogize to Will for drawing his attention to this thread. Will is a great guy, whom I have a lot of respect for.
You're absolutely right, Cal. I'm not doing it the mathematically correct way, I'm sure. Though, I hope you do understand that if a target with a certain ramp can't be obtained, and you absolutely need that target to be obtained, that will certainly show up in the graph view. One is then free to correct the settings to adjust for that, or they can simply leave the settings alone if the graph view is a proper representation of the curve they are attempting to create.

Now, I will admit that I don't have the patience to sit down to thoroughly study and understand the math involved with the settings to the point that the curve and settings are mathimatically perfect. I will also guess that the vast majority of people that use this unit also don't have the same patience. That is why so many people come to you for help when it comes to setting up a program. Am I wrong about this? I would also guess that AMS has found that too many people struggle with the settings, which is why they have gone to a completely different software interface with the new 2000.
You so quickly assume that I don't understand the ramping problem. I do. I've just been able to work around the problem with my particular settings. You cannot say that my settings don't work. They may not be the cleanest (mathematically) settings. But the settings work. And I didn't have to take the AMS math course 101 on their unit to figure it out.
I posted my experiences with the unit to show how I'm learning to use the unit, not to attempt to show that I'm some sort of wizard with the unit as yourself. Is it the correct mathimatical procedure? Absolutely not! Does it result in a control pressure curve that will match any other settings method to come up with the same curve? Absolutely!
If a person is able to understand this grey area that I've learned to work with on this unit, then they shouldn't have a problem following the way I set up the unit. If they are incapable of perceiving this grey area, or simply have absolutely no clue about how to set up this unit, then my way would certainly be the harder way to try to understand. Just look how hard it was for Cal to understand how I do it.
The easiest way would be to just call Cal and have him write the math out for you.
There you go, Cal. I gave you a free plug. How do you like that?

Once a person has shown me his true colors, it's hard for me to forget. There are those that are a little too quick to back stab on this board.

I think you misunderstood Charlie's comment. And Charlie, please correct me if my interpretation is incorrect.

I don't come on this board to market myself to get coin from the pockets of others on this board. I post here to share my knowledge and experiences with a car that I feel was the best production car made. What I hope most is that others get something out of my unselfish sharing.
I don't quite understand why I seem to rub certain individuals the wrong way. If some feel that I'm disrespectful to them, then they should act like a person who is deserving of respect. In my mind, a person with a fast car tells me nothing of the person. How that person presents himself in front of others, and in this case, in front of the whole world reads volumes as to whether that person is truly worthy of my respect. Couldn't care less how fast his car is.

The last post made me think.
Just who is the type of person Donnie is capable of holding respect for?

I've met this person briefly, more than a few times. Fast car or not, I judge a person by his character. By far, the nicest person I've met in a long time. This person would give you the shirt off his back, even though he barely knew you. He's made a number of very kind and generous offers to me. Offers that were out of this world, and made me uncomfortable just to think of accepting such an offer.
He's not a guru, but knows how to pick the right people to help him with his projects. BTW, technical smarts is another thing that doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the type of person I would hold respect for.
You just get the sense that this person is kind, generous, unselfish, helpful, all the kind of traits that are good in people. Just watching this person relate to others in person is a treat to the heart.
If this person has a sour side, which I highly doubt, then he's smart enough to stay off the interenet and show it to the whole world.

I'm curious. Is it possible that anyone else knows who I'm talking about?

He insists that you call him Dick.

Yep

I think you misunderstood Charlie's comment. And Charlie, please correct me if my interpretation is incorrect.

I don't come on this board to market myself to get coin from the pockets of others on this board. I post here to share my knowledge and experiences with a car that I feel was the best production car made. What I hope most is that others get something out of my unselfish sharing.
I don't quite understand why I seem to rub certain individuals the wrong way. If some feel that I'm disrespectful to them, then they should act like a person who is deserving of respect. In my mind, a person with a fast car tells me nothing of the person. How that person presents himself in front of others, and in this case, in front of the whole world reads volumes as to whether that person is truly worthy of my respect. Couldn't care less how fast his car is.

Pretty much the same as myself Donnie. I post just about everything I do to help others understand how to make the car work better. My build is being posted on the board and it's different. Most guys don't understand that you can make a brick really fly if you have enough power, but if you know how to make it work over all then you'll be much happier. I know a lot of guys that will build an engine and just stuff it into a chasis and go with that. Personally I build the chasis first to make it work for me then do the rest. That way you can eliminate problems instead of back tracking all the time like so many do it seems.:rolleyes:

Once a person has shown me his true colors, it's hard for me to forget. There are those that are a little too quick to back stab on this board.

I can only assume that is directed at me.

I can't figure out what it is that I have ever said to you that has caused you to form this opinion of me. How fast my car is or isn't doesn't have a thing in the world to do with anything. Only thing I can come up with is back when I made a couple of posts and asked you a question in your NO2 thread to which you replied that you didn't owe me or anyone else an answer to tech questions. WTH? You bicker back and forth with others but just seem to slam the door in my face. You don't know me any more than I know you. I have always respected the fact that you like to go against the grain. The one time I felt I may have been a little harsh I went back and apologized. I don't necessarily agree with some of your approaches but I've never attacked you for them. If I came across wrong to you here I again apologize. I'm not one to hold grudges.

When you make posts you have to assume responsibility for them along with the fact that there may be those who don't agree or want to add their 2 cents in an effort to add to the discussion whether it be positve or negative. There have been some times where I felt that others were perhaps a little harsh on you. There have also been times when you just seem to ask for it. I have no patience for arrogance especially when combined with ignorance and stubborness. You don't seem to want to listen to anyone else. There is nothing wrong with wanting to do things your own way and figure things out on your on but you must realize the fact that this is a public FORUM - not a blog. People come on here to share and learn from each other - not just sit and listen to someone on their soap box.

Again, I'm not one to hold grudges or judge people from behind a keyboard - I hope you're not either.

Congrats again on your achievement. Peace out.