280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Not to jack the thread but has anyone ever ran a seperate fuel system that ties in to the original fuel system using the spare tire well fuel cell ? The one g body parts sells has the pump ring built on it to use a internal pump ...

Just installed the Denso Supra pump last night - I should have done this sooner!

Ever since I had the walbro the o2's would start to lean out when making a run. It could keep up fine if I was just putting around town or on the highway. My Walbro is not one of the recalled models.

Now the O2's are rock solid, and after install the base fuel pressure (line off) went from 43 to 50 psi. Time to turn up the wick and make some power! Also, seems to be working just fine on E85.:biggrin:

Anyone want a Walbro 169 pump with a date code of 15807? Pay shipping and its yours!:D

P.S. yes, I know O2's are a poor way to tune. Wideband O2 is on the way!

Just installed the Denso Supra pump last night - I should have done this sooner!

Ever since I had the walbro the o2's would start to lean out when making a run. It could keep up fine if I was just putting around town or on the highway. My Walbro is not one of the recalled models.

Now the O2's are rock solid, and after install the base fuel pressure (line off) went from 43 to 50 psi. Time to turn up the wick and make some power! Also, seems to be working just fine on E85.:biggrin:

Anyone want a Walbro 169 pump with a date code of 15807? Pay shipping and its yours!:D

P.S. yes, I know O2's are a poor way to tune. Wideband O2 is on the way!

Might be interested in this, I live only 45 minutes away..

My denso failed on me after a few months. But I am the one who hooked it up backwards, just assumed the bigger post was positive. But it was negative. So it ran backwards for 6 or 7 attempts when trying to start. I also noticed that my fuel sock was bent upwards at an almost 90 degree angle. And one of the connections from the pump to the bulkhead was a little fried. First; props to silverturbo (ebay vendor) who sent me out a pump he had in stock with less than an hour on it from transferring some fuel. He said to send the other in and denso will warranty it if it has failed. Second, I am glad I ordered the g7 bulkhead wiring kit from Racetronix so I can get some good wire and connections. Only problem is that there are no instructions with it. Again I assumed I could figure it out. The snap fitting that holds the bulkhead connector in place goes on the opposite way than the stock one does. (figured that out after I put it on) I guess I'll try to wire the connection in place. Who can tell me what the "extra" black wire is for? One on the pump, 2nd to the hose clamp on the metal part of harness for ground. Third one,????? has a plastic connect end. Also what do I do with the ground on top of the bulkhead? I sent an email to Racetronix yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.

Not to hijack the thread, but how do you know when/if your fuel pump is going bad? My 87 GN is supposed to have a hotwired 340 walbro, but ever since I've had the car I've always had problems with 02's dropping the higher I went in the RPM's (along with knock occasionally). It's like its constantly leaning out the higher in the RPMs I go.

If the walbro is the culprit, this supra fuel pump sounds like a good idea :cool:

Get a fuel pressure gauge taped to your windshield and see if the pressure goes up corresponding to the boost.

My denso failed on me after a few months. But I am the one who hooked it up backwards, just assumed the bigger post was positive. But it was negative. So it ran backwards for 6 or 7 attempts when trying to start. I also noticed that my fuel sock was bent upwards at an almost 90 degree angle. And one of the connections from the pump to the bulkhead was a little fried. First; props to silverturbo (ebay vendor) who sent me out a pump he had in stock with less than an hour on it from transferring some fuel. He said to send the other in and denso will warranty it if it has failed. Second, I am glad I ordered the g7 bulkhead wiring kit from Racetronix so I can get some good wire and connections. Only problem is that there are no instructions with it. Again I assumed I could figure it out. The snap fitting that holds the bulkhead connector in place goes on the opposite way than the stock one does. (figured that out after I put it on) I guess I'll try to wire the connection in place. Who can tell me what the "extra" black wire is for? One on the pump, 2nd to the hose clamp on the metal part of harness for ground. Third one,????? has a plastic connect end. Also what do I do with the ground on top of the bulkhead? I sent an email to Racetronix yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.

The harness installs either like our G75 or G77 kit depending on the ground configuration. Someone will get back to you assuming you provided all your contact info in your e-mail. The pin layout was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sorry, I will send you a private message with my cell number. I just need to get up and running by tomorrow. Thanks

Thanks to Jack at Racetronix for calling me after hours to explain the wiring to me. It sure did help.

Just wanted to stop in and say HI. Also give y'all some info that might help on this subject. I have own a 1999 Ford Lightning since new. We all in the Lightning community had the same problems with walbro pumps. I never did because i never bought one. The reason is to many were having failures and some even lost engines over cheap walbro pumps. I'm not much on following, more of an inventor. If i see a possible problem with any part. I will go way out of my way to make sure i get it right the first time. To make a very long story short. I used two Denso supra pumps. Just would fit in my tank. With a little bending of the lip. I wired one to the stock system. Replaced all of the stock wire with 10 gauge. Second pump, i bought 40amp fan relay kit. Wired in a micro switch to the throttle body. That grounded the relay. So right before WOT the second pump comes on. This was about three maybe four years ago. No problems so far. Truck runs 11.80's on the bottle. Nitrous is also supplied by two Denso pumps. Just thought i'd let y'all know. All great minds think alike. :biggrin: Thanks Tim Oh i was looking around for pumps for a bud and found this thread.....:cool:

Looking at Ractronix kits, they say they include a Walbro pump, but I thought this was all about the Denso????