280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Naa...did not get it put in yet. I did some research and apparently my car had a Red Armstrong put in right before I got it. I was thinking of just waiting until the RA went bad before swapping, but I might just go ahead and do it this weekend.

The swap looks straight forward. What snags did you run into?

some fabrication is required.

The stock bracket that holds the pump on the bottom has to be messed with.

You have to bend the lip of the tank to get it in then bend it back so it does not leak.

some fabrication is required.

The stock bracket that holds the pump on the bottom has to be messed with.

You have to bend the lip of the tank to get it in then bend it back so it does not leak.

cant you trim off the end of the float arm to get it to fit thru the tank?

OK guys, what the max fuel and @ what boost level have you seen with the denso 1020 pump?

I maxed out my 80's at 23 PSI.

Ya with a TE63, E85 and stock lines you're probably a bit lower than I'd think but the #'s don't lie.

Consider alky and/or larger fuel lines or wait until I get this 044 fitting this week.

Consider alky and/or larger fuel lines or wait until I get this 044 fitting this week.

Are going to use the 044 pump inline with an in-tank fuel pump?
So how would you wire it up? always on ?? or on a pressure switch to activate at certain boost level??

Also if you are using an inline pump with an in-tank fuel pump wouldn't the in-line pump be a restriction to the in-tank pump when it (in-line) is not activated?

I was hoping to not have to add a second pump.

at 14 volts the denso S/B able to keep up. Maybe a KB boostapump voltage booster?

If I add the 044 it would be via a second line and on a hobs switch.

Denso 280 Install

I have a concern about pump vibration when used with stainless screw clamps.I think strips of teflon around the pump at the clamp contact area and the fuel return pipe would reduce the potential for metal to metal wear.Where would this metal go??..in the fuel tank.Anyone know of a means to get a sheet of teflon maybe 0.067" thick??.Teflon obviously is fuel resistant.

I'm writing that part number down now. Had my fuel pump in for 3yr getting knocktrying everything. Spring-winter tuneup cover she goes.

I work at a PTFE (teflon) coating company

I can get you some PTFE ocated fibergalss to try. It is very slippery though and I would think it would cause an even greater loosen up problem.

Hey Grumpy,

I noticed that on the desno tech info show much higher flow increase with higher voltage too.

Does this mean that a boost a pump setup would really help?

Anyone tried it with a Denso yet?

Racetronix, are you able to get the Kyosan 895091-0810? It is supposedly a re-worked denso supra pump and rated at 390 lph. Same as denso 195130-0872.

Racetronix, are you able to get the Kyosan 895091-0810? It is supposedly a re-worked denso supra pump and rated at 390 lph. Same as denso 195130-0872.

According to some preliminary info we have these flow numbers are misguided. These specs all seem to stem from a single post on Corvette Forum by one member. According to Denso who supplies these pumps to Kyosan (their aftermarket division) the only pump which exceeds the flow spec of these OE Supra pumps is their dual stage turbine pump which is only sold under the Denso brand name as a HP product. We will get one of these pumps and run some tests to see what the real deal is.

Hey Grumpy,

I noticed that on the desno tech info show much higher flow increase with higher voltage too.

Does this mean that a boost a pump setup would really help?

Anyone tried it with a Denso yet?

Have one on mine, haven't been to the track yet with this set up.
I have been before with the 340 hot wire set up and was running lean @ 10.75/10.63 125mph 24lbs. boost.

Now I have a wideband since then & was still running lean.... Got the Denso and just hotwired the BAP which is a must for me; the bap was draining too much voltage wired as the instructions say; a problem I was having and didn't know it at the time and just figured it out... I wound up hot wiring the bap and my voltage drain problems went away :smile: been fighting this problem for 2yrs and now just figured it out.:rolleyes: @ 20psi fuel psi is 62lbs steady A/F ratio 10:30s-10:60s @ 15V on the bap. 10:50s-1080s @ 13V on the bap. I'm going to inch up the boost haven't tried 17V yet, still experimenting. But the Bap definately works when wired up correctly.:smile:
Just haven't decided to turn the inj. duty cycle down or just the voltage on the Bap to raise the AFR.
decisions , decisions, Now at least I have some.

According to some preliminary info we have these flow numbers are misguided. These specs all seem to stem from a single post on Corvette Forum by one member. According to Denso who supplies these pumps to Kyosan (their aftermarket division) the only pump which exceeds the flow spec of these OE Supra pumps is their dual stage turbine pump which is only sold under the Denso brand name as a HP product. We will get one of these pumps and run some tests to see what the real deal is.

Cool. Thanks for following up on that.

I think I might be joining some of you since I just installed another Walbro after the last one failed, yet it appears this brand new one is bad. :mad:

My fuel pump hanger is missing the seat that used to be tack welded on the bottom of the return tube. Do you think this will pose an issue with the Denso 280/Bosch 044 pump if I just hose clamp the pump to the return tube?

Also those of you who long ago did the Denso 280 or Bosch 044 pump, how well has your pump held up to 22 + psi (if you are running that much)?