280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Looks like the jay racing pump is still well ahead at the 50psi mark? 5 bar is also 73 psi... they are darn close! I do see your pump was tested at a lower voltage. Even so, at $432 msrp for the BNR pump you could run two of the jay racing pumps for less than one BNR! :p

Well, I went and did it today! Put the Supra pump in the old National. I ran into a few problems, and I'll share. My car has a Spectre replacement tank with the metal dog dish at the bottom. I also used a Spectre hanger assembly that I refitted with the Racetronix harness. The replacement hanger and pump is a no go through the hole in the Spectre tank. I would have had to bend the tank lip, as I was in need of about 1/16 clearance that I did not have. What I did instead is work on the hanger. I had removed the lower support, and just hose clamped the pump to the hanger at the correct height. The solution is to re angle the fuel sender, as it is the part that will not fit through the hole. You need to take a Dremel to the backing plate that the sender attaches to. Make a shallow groove along the backside at the hanger itself, and just fold the sender plate inboard, moving the float towards the sock filter. There is sufficient room to angle the sock outboard somewhat, and then angle the float up close to the sock. Presto, now its a drop in deal! Like others, I had to readjust idle fuel pressure, backing it down about 5 psi to get back to specs. Not a big job, just take your time and think it out. Thanks, Counterman.

Update:
I took my car apart for a repair/restoration and dropped the tank; the home made hanger, and wiring, and pump looked and worked great even using up to 40% percent E85/93 mix. (Despite all the fear mongering from some.)
It did seem like it was harder to get out than it was to get in though.. I plan on putting this same pump back in and making a better hanger out of a new piece instead of an old one.
Track performance was good with high 11s in the 117-115 MPH range. I kept a hood mounted gauge on the car for over a year and then took it off because the consistency was rock solid.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but.....how did this turn out for everyone here?
Here is a recent Test on these pumps. Basically Im deciding between a DW300s and the Denso 1020. Based on the results the DW300 seems to be the better choice. It may not flow as much as the denso at lower rpms/boost levels but the DW stays more consistent at higher pressure's than the Denso. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/1405_fuel_pump_shootout_part_2/viewall.html

Hard to believe it was in January of 2011 when I installed mine. It's still going strong and I haven't touched it since. I did have to install a larger return line.

I sold the car I had the Denso in a few years ago. I recently installed a DW300 on my latest car. Fits much easier than the Denso.

The published fuel pump curves have no ability to comprehend the back pressure built into your feed and return lines. They also may not account for the restrictions in the sender and filter. Anyone who takes these curves as being representative is a dreamer.

Yep, the old JB-Weld is holding up fine. Ironically, I just hooked up the fuel pressure gauge yesterday for a rolling test. 1:1 rise with boost, no problems. I'm going to replace it with the exact pump if this one ever goes out.

So either the DW or the Denso are rock solid performers. Cant go wrong with either? Just with the denso I would have to either get the racetronix harness kit or build my own as a couple of you have done and with the DW I would have to reverse the polarity of the wires that go into the plug harness?
Or maybe the Aeromotive 340 stealth should be still a part of the other 2 selections.

Last edited:
I guess it all comes down to how much you want to pay. There are a lot of nice "plug and play" harnesses out there.

So either the DW or the Denso are rock solid performers. Cant go wrong with either? Just with the denso I would have to either get the racetronix harness kit or build my own as a couple of you have done and with the DW I would have to reverse the polarity of the wires that go into the plug harness?
Or maybe the Aeromotive 340 stealth should be still a part of the other 2 selections.

You don't reverse the polarity on the new ones .. and the DW pumps are drop in.. and perform ... its the biggest pump you can put in and not have to deal with return line issues