3.8/w 200r4 into 65 skylark

bad news

do any of you guys know any one that has done this it would keep the car all buick////// and it would suprise some rice eaters// also who knows the difference between the brf and the crf i know the brf is the one to get but for me running a stock non turbo 3.8 isit going to be ok? thanks for input pete

TH200-4R is a bolt with the crossmember in the TH400 position and a TH350 driveshaft. The 3.8 shares motor mounts with a Buick 350 though that engine was not offered in 65. I don't know if you can bolt them into the positions for the original 300 or 340 but there is a good chance. A guy has done an LC2 into a 65 as documented by Car Craft and there have been many others. This is a pretty bolt in deal and if you're keeping the carb its even easier as you don't need to mess with the EFI tank, pump, wiring, or return line. The 3.8 isn't exactly a potent motor in non-turbo form but if you really get your act together you can make decent power out of it but nothing on the order of tweaked LC2 power.
If you are thinking the later Series II 3800... well thats a totally different story and I don't know where to begin other than you want an L36 out of an 96-03 F-body with corresponding tranny, either the T5 manual or 4L60E auto, You'd need to relocate the crossmember with a new set of holes for the tranny and a shortened driveshaft and I have no idea on the motor mounts.
I'd also worry about your stock 8.2 BOP 10 bolt, its better than a chebby 8.2 but still not up to 8.5 10 bolt standards. Best bet would be to get a Turbo Regal 8.5 and either swap over lower control arm mounts and get some hybrid uppers, I think South Side Machine makes some, for durability.
Best of luck but I think you'd be better off doing a 455 swap for more power and TA and Poston make the stuff to make it a bolt in swap, keep the TH200-4R though, just you'll have to build it to match the kind of torque a 455 can dishout.

Just my $.02,

my buddie has a 87 GN engine and trans in a 70 GS (clone). looks like the factory did it and it performs pretty well even with the 2.73 gears.

V6 in a skylark

young man name of Tim Lee ( I think)
in So Calif, has a turbo'd V6 in a 65 skylark, I saw it run 10.50 at Las Vegas,
very nice!!!!
looks so stock out side,
very ,very nice!!!

I figured that I would throw in a 1934 Oldsmobile sedan with a modded hot air drivetrain into the hybrids section, sorry no pictures yet.

err... try the post titled List of all the hybrids with turbo 3.8 power or something like that. Not many people are going to notice your Olds in this thread.

65 lark with 3.8

in 2002 there was a black 65 lark in Car Craft with a 87 gn turbo motor. should be possible as 225 v6 was an option. should use 225 v6-300 v8 mounts.i was thinking the same thing with a hot air fuel injected (84-85) with 2004r trans. brf trans from 86-87 car,bq from 84-85 car .stock 3.8 with 2004r should hold up for awhile with a good trans cooler and maybe a shiftkit ,i had a basic 2004r rebuilt , done a TRS in orland and its great for a stock engine. he says valvebody is the limiting factor but you can get one from someplace on the board here. they changed there name was called CK trans or dr evil trans in mundelin.also im near chicago if your interested in a carb turbo set from a 79 regal.the 8.2 rear end is better than a 7.5 regal rears and should hold up to 300 hp with an auburn posi .
and a gn rear wont fit right due to bushing locations and shorter axles. southside machine makes bars to fit 64-72 rears into g body78-88 cars not the otherway(not worth swaping to a 7.5 or gn rear when you could get a 12 bolt)
i would upgrade brakes from g body too as my 65 drums alround
dont go fast if you dont have the room to stop

good luck. andy