34" rims...someone stop the insanity!!

I think its great!

I think its great that people are stupid enough to spend hard earned money (or maybe not hard earned) on something that rediculous. If some wheel company can make money on that nonsense then theres a possibility that one of my crazy ideas may be a gold mine one day.

Attachments

• Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8,954
I remember back in the day when I used to have to get my swoll on......

Let em do it. I'll sit back and laugh (while at the same time empathizing for the poor soul that was driving in front of them) when they are doing 80 down the freeway and need to stop real quick and they fry their brakes.

The laws of physics apply to gang bangers too.

I'm laughing at the comments on the bottom of that page. I like all of the references to mid 80's jalopys.

HAHA thats great did you guys catch the post where someone said if your driving an 80s car and your looking for performance than you should have crushed your car and bought something newer! hahaha what a joke...

Okay, I'll admit it. If that is what it is then yes, I am a hater. A car designed for a certain size wheel is one thing but to have to modify the car so greatly just to make a wheel fit and lose functionality is a sign of mental problems. :biggrin:

This is truely getting out of hand. I think all of those wheels look like crap.

HAHA thats great did you guys catch the post where someone said if your driving an 80s car and your looking for performance than you should have crushed your car and bought something newer! hahaha what a joke...
Good, keep them in the dark. It's much more fun to teach people about our cars the hard way. :p

I guess I'm getting old. The cars are going up and the pants are going down. I really don't understand the concept. :confused:

25 years ago people were saying the same thing about my ride. A 77 short box Chevy P/U 4x4 with a 4 " lift and 33" monster mudders, roll bar etc etc. I was a 16 yo kid and that was the "fad". I grew up on a farm and my dad would say "what type of work are you going to get done with that truck?!!!!" and shake his head and say "I dont know why you need all that crap on that truck".

Same situation, 25 years later. People shaking their heads at the new "fad". The difference is, that my 77 would & could & did go offroad plenty of times. (gee Dad, I dont know how all that mud got on my truck, or why the motor just happend to blow up in the middle of a muddy field, I was not screwing around, honestly Dad, it just happened") Plus, a set of tires an rims were pretty cheap, and lifting them was pretty easy as well.

I wonder if these guys with the lifted custom cars ever get pulled over for bumper height like I use to do?

Makes me wonder what my kid will do to his car that I will shake my head at :)

4x4's look right with a little lift and some bigger tires, although some go a little extreme. A Regal, Caprice etc. does NOT look right with lift. The wheel diameter does not match the wheel opening in the fenders and looks just plain stupid. Pure ghetto-fabulous. Not to mention, the build quality of 99.9% of the wheels you see every day are crap...and probably 75% of those are LEASED. I nearly choked laughing when I saw the first ad for leasing rims. Now there's a Rimco store near me and that's what they do, lease rims. Posers unite!