4" Dp?

I was looking at Jason Cramer's car in L.V. I jokingly said he had to get rid of his rice tip ( 3 ½" ) on his single exhaust pipe. He told me to look further under the car.

Wowzer. Jason has a TH header system going into a TH 3 ½" downpipe that connects to a 3 ½" single exhaust pipe and muffler when out into a 3 ½" final pipe. It looked so good.

I don't think you'd be able to fit a 4" downpipe by the heater/frame/engine. Jason's was very close.

Originally posted by TurboJohn
I'm pretty sure Terry Houston makes a 4 inch downpipe.

Nope, no mandrel-bent 4" dp. I don't think you'll find a prefab 4" dp. I had mine made for me locally and custom-fit out of pieces; I'm sure all 4"rs are one-offs.

Art

:confused: how much is really nessasary ?

I was running a 2 1/2 hooker d/p when I went thru at 127 mph

I now have a 3" atr single system and havent been faster yet due to fuel delivery problems with a single 340 pump

Not argueing just stating I dont find one nessasry atleast till your well into stage 2 range

Originally posted by ChrisCairns

Wowzer.

I don't think you'd be able to fit a 4" downpipe by the heater/frame/engine. Jason's was very close. [/B]

I was thinking the same thing....

ART.....

What thpe of clearance do you have left, I think even if you had one made it must be darn tight?

:cool: