5 lbs down, 5 to go. please heckle me! this is hard

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
seriously, not kidding, i need you guys to slam me. :eek:
i'm finding out how true it is the older you get, the harder it is to lose the weight. i put on alot of weight this winter. i went on crash diet almost a month ago just completely cutting out soda and eating better food here and there. i don't have time to work out. i've only lost 5, and this is frickin hard. look at this pic taken last weekend, i look better than i did a month ago, but still got a decent gut and moobies goin on. my gal actually likes the weight, but i hate it, any weight i put on it goes straight to my waste. it doesn't help i wear smaller tshirts, but i'm kind'of a fag anyway

Gotta find the time to work out, the weight would be going much quicker. 30 minutes of cardio whenever you can find the time...

seriously, not kidding, i need you guys to slam me. :eek:
i'm finding out how true it is the older you get, the harder it is to lose the weight. i put on alot of weight this winter. i went on crash diet almost a month ago just completely cutting out soda and eating better food here and there. i don't have time to work out. i've only lost 5, and this is frickin hard. look at this pic taken last weekend, i look better than i did a month ago, but still got a decent gut and moobies goin on. my gal actually likes the weight, but i hate it, any weight i put on it goes straight to my waste. it doesn't help i wear smaller tshirts, but i'm kind'of a fag anyway

The most sucessful people in the world, find time to work out:D Got to get up earlier and make it a piority. 30 minutes a day minimun. (From the picture, looks like you find time to play?) For me it's when the rest of the family is asleep. You'll Thank me 20 years from now:biggrin: Now get your fat A$$ moving:rolleyes:

youre problem is not youre age. its youre instument bass get on the drums perferably a double bass kit you FAT bastard!LOL.

i went on crash diet almost a month ago just completely cutting out soda and eating better food here and there.

You fat fu<k, quit doing this half assed and grow some balls! Your old ass will never lose any significant amount of weight unless you get your lazy butt into some cardio. You think eating better "here and there" is going to get you to your goal? Nope... That's why every health expert says that you need diet and excercise. But maybe you know more than them?

I hope that wasn't too harsh but seriously, unless you're burning more calories than you're taking in, the weight will never come off. You might lose a pound or two a month, but that's about it.

The most sucessful people in the world, find time to work out:D Got to get up earlier and make it a piority. 30 minutes a day minimun. (From the picture, looks like you find time to play?) For me it's when the rest of the family is asleep. You'll Thank me 20 years from now:biggrin: Now get your fat A$$ moving:rolleyes:

What he said.

I have had quite a bit of trauma in my life the past couple of months and have taken the time to step back and examine what went wrong and how to make it better.

One of the things I realized is that I had let myself go physically. I hated the way I looked and felt. It affects my confidence and self-esteem, and by extension the relationship with my wife and family. I started wearing baggy clothes to hide it, but it really just made me look like a bum. I have always been skinny, but as I got older (40 now), the pounds started to stay on me. My inner view of myself became inconsistent with the photos of me. Who is that fat guy in the picture?

In the past 60 days I've lost 30 lbs. I've completely cut out alcohol (beer), changed my diet and started exercising again. I look better (or like to think so), definitely feel better and have a lot more energy. I exercise in early in the morning before everyone gets up, and joined the local gym (start Friday). Trouble is I have no clothes that fit me.

You need to find time to exercise. Get off your ass and do it. "Not having time" is a cop out. You only need 30 minutes a day to see some real improvements.

Jim

If that's fat wait until you get old. :p

Manboobs Phil Mickelson does pretty well for himself and he's a golfer. :eek:

That's about the equivalent exercise to playing the bass. :biggrin:

Go lean over the Buick and do some wrenching. :cool:

Then you can worry about a bad back and some serious health issues. ;)

Come on fattie you can lose the weight :tongue: Try drinking more water Humpty.

PM me if you want some real "encouragement", i'm not getting banned from the board for making fun of somebody.

good luck

ouch!!! uhh... well, i like post # 8 at least :redface:

heck, i'd rather give up eating all together than give up beer. :biggrin:

turbojimmy i feal your pain. i'd comment further, but another time.... glad you got strong my friend.

i'm no fitness guru, other than excerising my elbows, but i must admit, i've always thought i get plenty of exercise. just lugging around my amps and guitars is a major workout in itself. i am very aggresive on stage and run around like a moron and surely burn lots of carbs that way, (course i consume lots of beer while i do it :redface: ) i'm a a&p also, lots of moving around during the day, so my arms and leg muscles are just fine. i need to concentrate on my upper chest and stomach. can i get some cardio excercise going while working on those? how many reps? and of what?

i know this is pathetic, but i actually have a fitness/workout room at my work. been working there 12 years, but the only time i go in there is to tease the pilots while their working out by holding chocolate cake in front of their face while i eat it :tongue: .

i just figured no soda and eat healthier, but damn its hard. my girlfriend is itallian, and cooks me meals to absolutely die for, but lets face it, pasta, etc.. lots of breads and stuff in that. its so easy and quick during the day to stop in at mcgarbage and grab food and go when your busy.

i feel like i have no energy and miserable with a gut on me.

and surely you guys aren't recomending 30 min every day?:redface: perhaps just 5 days a week? :frown:

youre problem is not youre age. its youre instument bass get on the drums perferably a double bass kit you FAT bastard!LOL.

lol. i actually always was a drummer up until a few years ago. never could get into double bass for some reason, only when it absolutely called for it. remember that pedal that mapex put out where it had a clutch system you could switch back and forth from hats to kick? had one, never even used it much then.

look how much thinner i was just last november. thats my best friend jack there btw. :D

turbojimmy i feal your pain. i'd comment further, but another time.... glad you got strong my friend.

Thanks man. It's been a rough road, and there's a lot of it still in front of me, but I'm getting there.

Jim

Eating right, and cutting out soda isn't going to help you lose weight unless you hit the gym, and stop swilling beer you tubby little bitc#!!

And remember, cardio is for chicks! Hit the weights and turn that dicky-do into a set of abs! (I call your gut a dicky-do because it sticks out farther that your dicky do!)

Seriously though..it's tough...good luck to you.

Go pick up a book called "The Abs Diet" and follow it. Plus do some exercise as mentioned (both cardio and weight lifting).

And also pick up a book called "Eat This, Not That".

Rob

Eating right, and cutting out soda isn't going to help you lose weight unless you hit the gym, and stop swilling beer you tubby little bitc#!!

And remember, cardio is for chicks! Hit the weights and turn that dicky-do into a set of abs! (I call your gut a dicky-do because it sticks out farther that your dicky do!)

Seriously though..it's tough...good luck to you.

All you want to loose is 5 lbs? You gotta be joking. And how often do you shave your legs? I went from 260 to 180 and it took me 2 years. You're wanting a 5 pound bi*ch? cum on P*ssy, suck it up and really try to loose some weight. DIET SODA AND CAFFINE. I do not drink regular soft drinks any more and I have several beer(s) every night. I just regulate my diet and keep an eye on carbs and believe me I LOVE THE SWEETS! If you want a good workout that is low impact but high results a bike is one of the best things you can do. I useta have a wind trainer and with 10-20 min a day and me pushing hard I never got over 170 and afterwards I stopped and that's when I hit 260. I went with a modified Subway diet and did a bike workout and I'm back to the "below 170" group again.

not sure if starting this silly little thread really is what it took. but either way, i started a workout routine this morning. a coworker is showing me how a few good warm up stretching, some ways to get my upper body back in shape, and will also hit the treadmill, all in 30 minutes. i'll rotate what i do from day to day. i didn't even know there was a proper and effective way to do situps:confused:
haven't had soda of anykind for a month. no junk food for almost 3 days now.
i alredy do have the eat this, not that book. very easy to read and was kind of surprised whats better for you. one thing that really stuck out was how bad orange sunkist is for you :eek: .

lets see where i'm at in a couple months. thanks everybody

not sure if starting this silly little thread really is what it took. but either way, i started a workout routine this morning. a coworker is showing me how a few good warm up stretching, some ways to get my upper body back in shape, and will also hit the treadmill, all in 30 minutes. i'll rotate what i do from day to day. i didn't even know there was a proper and effective way to do situps:confused:
haven't had soda of anykind for a month. no junk food for almost 3 days now.
i alredy do have the eat this, not that book. very easy to read and was kind of surprised whats better for you. one thing that really stuck out was how bad orange sunkist is for you :eek: .

lets see where i'm at in a couple months. thanks everybody

Thought I might be able to add here...mom is a professional body builder. :biggrin: First, don't think of it as a "diet". Think of it as incorporating better foods into what you already eat. You can eat what you want really, but moderation is the KEY. One thing I do is make it a point to drink one gallon of ICE COLD water each day. When you consume water that is cold enough, your body has to work harder to heat the water to body temperature, then to process it. You can literally burn an addition 50 calories per day, just by drinking more water. Add fruits and veggies to your diet. I'm a pasta lover...I mean LOVER...I just make sure that at dinner I eat my veggies, meat, and fruit first...that way I don't have as much room for the carbs. Also, carbs are good, but you should eat them as soon in the day as possible...so you have time to burn them off. The Abs Diet is a fabulous book, and Eat This Not That is great if you have to eat out a lot (but it still choosing the lesser of two evils). Eat This Not That could easily be taken as a guilt free way to hit McDonald's. One more thing...if you're going to walk...ditch the treadmill. It's proven that treadmills and ellipticals aren't as great for you as you might think they are. Reason being is you build up momentum. Try getting on an elliptical and start going foward...then try to stop and go backward...you have to literally TRY to stop yourself. If you're gonna walk, do it outside (preferably where there are hills)...this way you have to constantly propel yourself...and you don't have a machine doing it for you. Gyms can be a waste of time truthfully...you can get the same results or better doing it at home. IMO Good luck!!! :tongue: