5 lbs down, 5 to go. please heckle me! this is hard

I agree that finding ways to work out at home is better, having to get yourself to the gym is just one more excuse that'll stop you from doing it. I have a cheap $100 Kmart exercise bike and when I find myself sitting here watching TV I realize there's no excuse not to get on and burn some calories.

thank you mrs. fastnasty. ha :D i can't believe i typed that. now i feel like i should tip you a dollar. what a name.
theres a work out/fitness room at my work. i'd be alot less distracted there than at home. i do think moderation is the key.
i'm so used to going to all night dives at 2 in the morning after a gig and eating a bowl of chili, huge bacon cheeseburger with a pitcher of water while smoking a ciggerette. 3 or 4 times a week. gotta cut back on that i guess :rolleyes:

thank you mrs. fastnasty. ha :D i can't believe i typed that. now i feel like i should tip you a dollar. what a name.
theres a work out/fitness room at my work. i'd be alot less distracted there than at home. i do think moderation is the key.
i'm so used to going to all night dives at 2 in the morning after a gig and eating a bowl of chili, huge bacon cheeseburger with a pitcher of water while smoking a ciggerette. 3 or 4 times a week. gotta cut back on that i guess :rolleyes:

Ha! I never looked at the name like that...but I guess it does kind of sound like a stage name...lol...it isn't though, promise. :biggrin: Easy fix for the late night eating. First, it is good (as in the Abs Diet) to consume foods throughout the day that make you feel full longer. Water is also very filling, as are smoothies if you like them. Burgers aren't all that bad. Make you own and take them. If you haven't tried ground buffalo, try it. It's incredibly lean, and tastes great (although a little more expensive). Deer is also good if you like it. Mmmm...love having a big burger and bowl of cottage cheese...you know how much protein that is??!! The good thing there is, that your body will be digesting it long after you fall asleep, so you won't have the "fat storage" problem like you would if you ate pasta. Chili though, I would steer clear from late at night. If you can't make your own stuff, then order the burger...ask for it be cooked with no butter...ditch the bacon. Cheese wouldn't kill you, but if you don't have to have it, get rid of it. Load it with all the veggies you can eat. Obviously you're in a band...so bar food is a routine...which kind of sucks, but there are good choices out there, you just have to ask for stuff to be cooked the way you want it. :biggrin: My work has a gym too...never used the thing. Obviously, weight lifting is an important part if you're wanting to tone...but cardio burns the fat. Stay home and do 30 minutes of running in place, jumping jacks, etc. Do push ups, sit ups, bicycles, etc. You'll be sweating more than you think...FOR FREE! I would tell you cardio pole is fun and a great workout...but um, guys tend to look a little silly. :eek: PM me if you need more ideas...hubby is a workout guru too, I'm sure we could help you with meals and workout routines.

Man up and get back in shape. Its gonna take a rude awakening for you to do it though. And you gotta stay commited to it. For me, it was the realization at my DOT physical of just how much overweight I was. I was 325lbs. back in August. That next Friday I joined the gym. So far Ive lost almost 30lbs, but Ive also been lifting. Anything over 30 minutes of cardio is 100% pure fat burn. I normally do 45 minutes, then do some weights; then back for more cardio.

If you really get back into shape, its benefits will be more far reaching than you would think.

You are just getting that furniture disease, that's when your chest falls to your drawers:biggrin:!

You need to make the time. No one has any more time than you do. We all get 24 hours. How you use or waste it is all on you. I'm in the same boat. I've been really dragging the past few years.

The other night I was watching "the biggest looser" - Now, I'm not a reality show type of person, but these trainers get results (yes I realize that these people work out 4-6 hours a day)... But on this particular show they had the people who had only lost a little bit of weight running half of a marathon. Freakin' 13 miles!! They all made it.

That inspired my fat arse because frankly there is no way I'd make it and I'm not nearly as out of shape as those guys on the show.

So, Since them I get up 30 minutes earlier and hit the treadmill and strech and then go to work. When I get home I do some more cardio and sometimes throw in some weights. I feel like I have mor energy but I'm not seeing the loss just yet. My wife says she sees it but I don't know.

I'm thinking about getting that P90X program and torturing myself.;) My friend bought it and he seemed to drop 20lbs overnight...

BTW, you really need to stay away from the soda and crap food. It makes a big difference. Good Luck.

I grew up fat and over the past few years I've dropped over 60 pounds in a few bursts for the most part.

You can work your butt off in the gym sweatin like a dog, but you cant out train a poor diet.

If you want to lose some weight yesterday, try the Velocity Diet. I lost 16 pounds in 28 days, and that was on the low side. A lot have lost over 20.

OR try eating only raw fruits, veggies, and nuts for a month +. Sounds crazy I know, but it is completely doable. My mom has been on high raw for over a year and looks better than I can ever remember. My dad says she is smaller now then when he met her 25 years ago.

If you aren't willing to practice extreme discipline to get immediate results, John Berardi's 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs will get you there eventually. Google it.

Exercise is essential, but it is only part of the equation. Look at all the fat football players and shoot, just fat people in the gym.

If you want to lose some weight yesterday, try the Velocity Diet. I lost 16 pounds in 28 days, and that was on the low side. A lot have lost over 20.

Lol I went to the site for the velocity diet, entered my age and weight, and it came up with a tab of $640 worth of supplements that I would need just for the 28 days.

For giggles I weighed myself before and after a day cutting firewood. The results were that I lost 10 lbs and I cut almost 2 cords of wood. The weight is most likely water, but you can see where I'm getting. I've also cut pop out of my diet and I don't go to fast food joints unless I have too. With that I went from around 265 down to 230 in a few months. That was 2 years ago and I haven't gained any back. So, what I'm trying to say is that if you would quit being lazy and become productive you'd lose weight like that.

Lol I went to the site for the velocity diet, entered my age and weight, and it came up with a tab of $640 worth of supplements that I would need just for the 28 days.

That is about correct, you can take some of them off but expect $500 to do it right. But you won't be spending more than $30-40 on food that month. I personally eat on the go a lot so while it did cost me more than my normal food budget, it really wasn't a whole lot. And I regularly take some of those supps anyways (fish oil, protein shakes 1-2x a day, etc.).

Add up how much you spend on what you put in your mouth in a month.
Plus what is it worth to you? Would you take a $500 bet you could lose 20 pounds in a month. I bet that'd motivate you.

I heard of a guy who wrote out a check to the ku klux klan for $10,000 and contractually agreed to donate the money to them if he didn't get to his goal weight in a certain number of months and maintain it there for the rest of his life. Now thats motivation!

Make time to run....do cardio....that in itself will burn off the flab.

Crash diets don't work.

Diet always starts with "die". You don't want to die do you?

I'm sort of a believer in "eat whatever you want, just as long as you're exercising it off". However only do it in moderation.

So yeah once in awhile I'll have myself a steak, a burger and some alcohol, but I'll be in the gym trying to work it off. No sense in depriving your body from what it wants.

this will get you moving.....whatcha gonna do when your fat a$$ cant get it up for your ol lady.....now find the time and gettir done!!

Watch the bigest loser! That show has helped my wife out and going to weight watchers. Just remember if you work out to much you will gain musel mass witch weigs more then fat. Eat vegies during the day when you get hungry. They have the good calories that you need to burn the bad ones off. If you are married take walks with mama and walk at a good fast pace. She will love you more to spend time withe her and do yourfself the favor of weight loss. I know you said to pick on you but all i will say is get going fatty! :D

wow this thread is still going. i've read every post. i'll probably re-read some again. i'm still gung-ho! lol
i am told i'm pretty height/weight porpotionate. i'm 6'1, 190 lbs. so guy at work told me i should just tighten up chest and abs and get some cardio stuff in to burn carbs (kinda like you guys suggested :rolleyes: ) i think i'd really just rather lose than bulk up though. i liked being heroin thin cause its so rocknroll. i've only got one workout in so far though, better wait a couple days, i'm still healing abit. unfortunetly with my side job i tend to get in some nasty fights once in awhile. funny thing is, i rarely ever take hits in the chest or stomach (usually neck or face), but the other night i took several hard elbow and palm punches to the stomach, not only did it not hurt as much, but your not coughing up as much blood or near as bruised the next morning with the extra cushioning there :frown:

We are still talking about 5lbs. here right? :eek: :p :biggrin:

Reading this thread while jogging should get rid of most of it. ;)

Diet alone will not keep the weight off, just make you edgey from ripping yourself off the necessary nutrients the body needs. There is no easy way to say it then this, EXERCISE!!!!! its a lifestyle change and has to be incorporated into your 9 to 5 somehow. Get a bike, buy a dog and walk it daily, sign up at a gym, buy exercise equipment at home etc. I play basketball in a league 2 to 3 times a week in the winter months and cycle in the trails every time its decent enough to ride (which is on average 4 times a week). It gives me tons of energy, and health wise I feel I am in my prime and unstoppable. In the summertime I am in a football league. If you want a short cut, there isn't one. How you treat your body today reflects how graceful you will age or the lack there of. I paid a grip for my new bike and its has seen lots of use (by far the best buy I have made this year).
DSC04170.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

The problem is ya stand there stiff on stage with one finger on the fret board

Ya need to jump around, kick things and make Borris the Spider look like Touche the Turtle:D :D :D