67 Billet Wheel Pricing!

Keith,
He was refering to the 62-62 billet we installed this weekend. I believe all of these turbos are being shipped with a standard size hole(stock GN puck) But we did not measure it before porting.

Keith,
He was refering to the 62-62 billet we installed this weekend. I believe all of these turbos are being shipped with a standard size hole(stock GN puck) But we did not measure it before porting.

That's what I needed to know.

Thanks,

Louie

Yes, this turbo is awesome! I did have to port the heck out of the wastegate hole to keep the boost down.

I had to do a LOT of porting on my wg hole as well - it is pretty small as delivered. There is plenty of material there to remove and I recommend taking it as large as your wastegate valve or puck will allow rather than a certain size. I was ready to run mine last week but had a little "engineering opportunity" requiring the engine to have to come back out of the car :mad: I will hopefully get to do some testing on mine this week

You guys are doing it the right way. There is no way that PTE could cover all of the wastegate diameter combinations out there. Porting to your combination is the best way to have good boost control.

You guys are doing it the right way. There is no way that PTE could cover all of the wastegate diameter combinations out there. Porting to your combination is the best way to have good boost control.

This is so true. There are som many down pipe combinations out there for our Buicks, with different size pucks, in slightly different locations. Porting it yourself is the way to go.

Sent a price quote PM ...

Cal/Holly - sent you a PM with a few questions about what billet 62 to run and a price quote.
Thanks,
Turbohh, John A

UPDATE - got it running and took it out on the street yesterday. Still working my way up on the XFI program. This is an all new engine from intake to oil pan so it's not like I can just directly compare this turbo to another one but here goes FWIW.

The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change. I only went to 15# and this was from a roll but I can tell you this much - this is one bad dude of a turbo! When it hits it's like a ton of bricks - completely blew the street tires away in 3rd gear - blew off my boost lines twice as well!

BTW - I think Cal must have broken into my shop and tuned my car without telling me - dude that XFI program is real close to being right - only minor tweaking needed so far! :)

Weather's been crappy here for the last couple of weeks so there haven't been any tracks open. I prefer to tune a street car on the street anyway. Stay tuned .................................................. ...

Billet Wheel Turbos

Will,
Thank you for the update. When your track opens and you have time to make some runs, let us know what you get out of this turbo.

Thank you for taking the time to post your results. Keep us posted!

Holly Hartline

UPDATE - got it running and took it out on the street yesterday. Still working my way up on the XFI program. This is an all new engine from intake to oil pan so it's not like I can just directly compare this turbo to another one but here goes FWIW.

The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change. I only went to 15# and this was from a roll but I can tell you this much - this is one bad dude of a turbo! When it hits it's like a ton of bricks - completely blew the street tires away in 3rd gear - blew off my boost lines twice as well!

BTW - I think Cal must have broken into my shop and tuned my car without telling me - dude that XFI program is real close to being right - only minor tweaking needed so far! :)

Weather's been crappy here for the last couple of weeks so there haven't been any tracks open. I prefer to tune a street car on the street anyway. Stay tuned .................................................. ...

What converter and stall are you running