6768 dbb BILLET turbo is on time

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
I got the 6768dbb billet turbo on. Made 1 test run down local hwy with 12-13# of boost an this thing pulls like crazy. with a rolling start at abt 40ft out it will smoke the 275/60 MT DR's :)

6768dbbbillet-1.jpg

Kool. I'll bet that thing makes its power at 28+ psi. I went back and fourth about getting that one or the 6765. Mine is a 4 bolt. I figured most of my driving will be between 25-28 psi so I choose this one. Street car for the most part. Might try the 71 next year tho if this one spools up like I hope it will. How is ur spool up?

Kool. I'll bet that thing makes its power at 28+ psi. I went back and fourth about getting that one or the 6765. Mine is a 4 bolt. I figured most of my driving will be between 25-28 psi so I choose this one. Street car for the most part. Might try the 71 next year tho if this one spools up like I hope it will. How is ur spool up?

This turbo has a slight lag till like 8 lbs then rockets to 15 as far as my gauge will show right now :rolleyes: I have a crack or break in the line going to change the plugs an put a new boost gauge hose on. I havent tried building up boost in the street an leaving yet. I will go to the track this wed if it doesnt rain. I will video an post times if i do.

Kool. I'll bet that thing makes its power at 28+ psi.
Not in his application if its on the engine thats in his sig. Stock long block? It would take 40-45 psi to be in the high efficiency island based on mass flow compared to where TSM runs similar turbos. Stock iron heads and 5300rpm/231ci vs race ported GN1's and 6800 rpm/249ci@ 25-28psi. Its simple math. So actually id partially agree with that 28+. You should have said 40+. A turbo that will support 950hp used on a stock engine:confused:

As i said before i want to go a certain # on stock longlock then will put a cam an Dan Strezo GN1 heads that have been massaged on this car.

Hey 2quick. How much did that turbo set you back? And is that the ball bearing or journal bearing turbo? Also, does this turbo lag much more than the 6765?

Oh, and can you list every mod you have? Im curios to see what you have.

Hey 2quick. How much did that turbo set you back? And is that the ball bearing or journal bearing turbo? Also, does this turbo lag much more than the 6765?

the turbo is a 6768 dbb billet it was 2k. It has lag not sure if alot more than a 6765 has or not.

I got the # i wanted today with a very lazy 60ft.

1.664 60ft
6.989 @ 100.43 1/8
10.972@119.50

Car is a stock longblock with * only valvesprings* stock ECM stock MAF it weighs 3,730lb with me in it. 2nd pass on this combo an i poped a HG @ abt the 1k ft mark.

It had alot left in it as i went a 11.51@118 the first pass

the turbo is a 6768 dbb billet it was 2k. It has lag not sure if alot more than a 6765 has or not.

I got the # i wanted today with a very lazy 60ft.

1.664 60ft
6.989 @ 100.43 1/8
10.972@119.50

Car is a stock longblock with * only valvesprings* stock ECM stock MAF it weighs 3,730lb with me in it. 2nd pass on this combo an i poped a HG @ abt the 1k ft mark.

It had alot left in it as i went a 11.51@118 the first pass

Congrats and sig update please.
Did you go really lean?

yeah a single 340 and 60lb inj even with 20% fuel added to 3rd wasnt enough with only like 18lbs

This turbo pulls like a train up top!

yeah a single 340 and 60lb inj even with 20% fuel added to 3rd wasnt enough with only like 18lbs

You are killing me running those 60s.
Are you going to fix it or do the new motor next?

I have a 30k mile stock longblock thats been sitting in my shop floor for abt 3yrs. I plan on just swaping out longblocks upgrading the fuel system and finally putting a FAST xfi on the car.

Let me get this right...you ran a 10 in the quarter with 18psi of boost on an un-opened long block with upgraded valve springs at 3730lbs?

Thats what the new gauge said all i had was a scanmaster ? wish i had a built engine to see what this turbo i capable of.

10secslip.jpg

How much mph should you have picked up from the 1/8 to the 1/4 if she didn't blow?