6768 dbb BILLET turbo is on time

Holy cow. 18 PSI? Stock longblock? I need this turbo......

Looks like you ran lean on the top end. My mph with same 60 foot and 1/8th was 124-125 mph. you went way lean. What chip? timing? fuel?

Ed

Erics chip 20% fuel 3rd gear 93/116 mix dual alky nozzles . I knew it was close to kill but i wanted a 10 sec pass with a heavy GN on a stock longblock :D yeah it went lean after the 1/8

Has a/c tilt pw cruise defrost spare tire all that

Scott

I don't mean any disrespect here but i don't believe you ran a high 10 @ 18psi of boost.

I have been around a bunch of fast GN's and none has ever ran that fast @18psi on stock heads.

my buddy had a t with a te-45a FMIC 32k 9/11 and he ran a 6.97 @ 100 mph in the 1/8 @ 30++++++ psi of boost.

his name was greyghost on here.

Thats what the boostgauge read with new line. your buddy have a 6768dbb billet turbo with H cover ?

guess we will have to see what the other 2 6768dbb billet TR's run when they go to the track ?

I checked the boost on the return road after i weighed it with a buddy in the car . If the gauge is wrong its wrong. I have no reason to lie this is all on stock stuff if i had a logger on the car i could give more info.

Car is just like i drove it an u seen it in Charlotte with a diff turbo

Thats what the boostgauge read with new line. your buddy have a 6768dbb billet turbo with H cover ?

guess we will have to see what the other 2 6768dbb billet TR's run when they go to the track ?

I checked the boost on the return road after i weighed it with a buddy in the car . If the gauge is wrong its wrong. I have no reason to lie this is all on stock stuff if i had a logger on the car i could give more info.

Car is just like i drove it an u seen it in Charlotte with a diff turbo

well i would fix the head gasket then. You have the one!

Richard clark has the equipment to test your gauge and make sure it's acurrate.

Post the first time slip and what boost you were running on it.
That would make the second time slip easier to wrap our heads around.

15-16lb boost very $hitty 60ft didnt build enought boost / turbo lag

rockingham.jpg

For starters why would it blow a gasket at 18# with alky? I have a couple stock long blocks running 10.90 & 11.00s with alky & 27-30lbs boost but not 18. It all comes down to how much air & fuel you can move through that little motor. If that turbo can move that much air @ 18lbs you better put a chute on it for when you turn it up.

Steve K.

Buy 1 an see ;) Im not a TR tuner never claimed to be. This engine has alot of passes @ 27 psi and i know the heads have lifted acouple times never blown until saturday

Buy 1 an see ;) Im not a TR tuner never claimed to be. This engine has alot of passes @ 27 psi and i know the heads have lifted acouple times never blown until saturday

That's because your boost was probably over 30psi. Seriously....you need to check your gauge.

That's because your boost was probably over 30psi. Seriously....you need to check your gauge.

I agree..... stock heads and cam is a huge restriction...... it can be overcome with lots of boost however.

I too agree... your boost gauge is reading the pressure in your slicks or something ....... :confused:.......

If you are going to continue to try and go 10's..... or quicker get some datalogging stuff and possibly a wideband and get the kinks ironed out before you get the DLS bullet.... or you'll need a dustpan.

Sounds like the new turbo is fun for sure! Whatever the gauge said, I'm sure it was low.....lol
Unless your fuel pump is garbage, there is no way you would be leaning out. I ran a single 340/alky at 133 in the quarter with a solid 11.2 afr. Maybe your pump couldn't keep up with higher "perceived" pressure at the regulator.

I can vouch for the boost gauge as I was the one in the car on the return road. Read a steady 18 PSI. The gauge and line are brand new. There are no kinks in the line. There is also a manual boost controller on the car that probably only has about 5-6 full turns (1 turn = 1 lbs.) on it from no tension. The actuator is set to 13 PSI.

I'm not saying the gauge is right either, just saying that this is how everything is setup. :cool:

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm as excited as you are to hear about your time with your new turbo...really, I am. BUT, if you feel you blew a headgasket at the end of your run, or otherwise created a new breather hole for air to escape, I wouldn't be surprised if your boost gauge was only reading 18psi on the return road AFTER the run. Again, not trying to rain on your parade, just want you to make sure you don't have some other underlying issue that needs to be addressed that could haunt you later.:cool:

Good luck!

Come to think of it, your mph seems to be in the right ballpark for your mph. I pulled on a buddy in his fbody that was trapping 116mph and I was running 16psi with a 70 p-trim at the time.
The only thing that makes no sense is the leaning out part.....:(

I can vouch for the boost gauge as I was the one in the car on the return road. Read a steady 18 PSI. The gauge and line are brand new. There are no kinks in the line. There is also a manual boost controller on the car that probably only has about 5-6 full turns (1 turn = 1 lbs.) on it from no tension. The actuator is set to 13 PSI.

I'm not saying the gauge is right either, just saying that this is how everything is setup. :cool:

One thing you might also consider..... it appears from the pic.... you are running an internal wastegate....there are several threads where people with these new billet wheel turbos.... 62mm and 67mm.......have found it near impossible to control boost...... most have had to go to a properly set up external wastegate to keep the boost "down" ...... so if you were set on 18 psi like you said you were...... there is a good chance it could boost creep all the way to 30+..... hence the leanout... and blown HG.... just saying...

"93/116 mix dual alky nozzles"

dual nozzle with 60's ?? I don't see a problem with that especially @ 18#s of boost .. You have alky so why only 18#s with race fuel mix ??
Oh .. internal wastegates don't work ?? :confused: :p

Grumpy said:
.....snip..... Oh .. internal wastegates don't work ?? :confused: :p

I didn't say they didn't work across the board.... let me clarify.....I said there are several people that have found after swapping to these new billet wheel turbos.... 62mm and 67mm...... that they found they now have major boost control issues.... lots of boost creep......where they didn't have any before the swap....... do a search Grumpy..... :wink:

I didn't say they didn't work across the board.... let me clarify.....I said there are several people that have found after swapping to these new billet wheel turbos.... 62mm and 67mm...... that they found they now have major boost control issues.... lots of boost creep......where they didn't have any before the swap....... do a search Grumpy..... :wink:

well we don't run 18#s of boost in any of the cars .. plus you all know my cars are "special" :p

Scott

I don't mean any disrespect here but i don't believe you ran a high 10 @ 18psi of boost.

I have been around a bunch of fast GN's and none has ever ran that fast @18psi on stock heads.

my buddy had a t with a te-45a FMIC 32k 9/11 and he ran a 6.97 @ 100 mph in the 1/8 @ 30++++++ psi of boost.

his name was greyghost on here.

I can believe it.
Especially with the amount of airflow this new Billet 67 compressor wheel has combined with the flow of the HPQ turbine wheel.
I too have run a TE-45 series turbo on a stock short block motor into the 11.oh range. 6.90's @ 99/100 and 11.07 @ 121 was my best time with a TE-45. And boost level was at 27psi. There is a huge difference in airflow and exhaust flow between those two turbos tho. From the looks and sounds of it, I bet it popped around the 1000ft mark.
His gauge could be off a couple of psi tho, but I believe it.
Eitherway, congrats on your 10 second pass 2QUICK2B6.

Patrick