84 cutlass 3.8 swap

You'll need to buy a bunch of parts to do it. Do you have a doner car? That would make it easier thean buying piece by piece. The fuel lines ect will need changing as well as a few other things under the chasis like the gas tank.

099.jpg
100.jpg
no doner just my cutlass but the avater pic is my twin turbo lt1 i just pulled out so i already have the aeromotive 1000 i belive fuel pump and 3/8 200 psi line ran i have a stand alone harness for the lt1 but i was told from jims performance in maryland that g body to g body i wouldnt need a harness from him the GN moter has stock ecu and harness with it no trans tho ..thinking about the tci adapter plate for the 700r4...?

Stick with the 2004R. It will hold more power if built right and has better gearing unless you want to buy some very expensive gears for the 700R4. The harness for the engine is only part of what you need. To let the dash work right you'll need all the dash harness as well as the rear harness for the fuel pump and sender. There are a few threads on the board where people havd done conversions into different chasis and you might also PM Grumpy on here. He's got a GN engine in an RX7 so he can give you a good idea of what you're up against. It aint a cheby afterall.:)

well the dash has been full fiber glassed so it has no stock gauges at all just aftermarket so im not really worried about that and i have a brand new tank from the twin turbo job so my pump is inline so i can just hot wire it to a relay an ign power it just like the lt1 was im just wondering if i can get it to run from the wires in the cutlass allready cuase i had tucked them under my dash just incase i ever needed them like now...:D

o also my turbo says m10 garret is the m10 stock or no ill look for some diffrent number but it looks bigger then my twin t4s and i can tell the injecters were changed cuse they zipped tied all of them when they broke the tabs off and it looks like my intake was painted maybe theres a cam or some outher surpries in it ill get some pics of it later

M 10 is the housing casting and was used with different compressor wheels. It may or may not be a stock turbo.

power washed the engine yesterday some one definetly had the top of the engine off the intake was painted awhile ago white its all chippin off pulled the plugs very nice coler on all of them and i pulled the valve cover and under the gaskets was silver so somebody painted the heads to maybe it was rebuilt awhile ago maybe some goodies :rolleyes: either way the harness engine and ecu for 200 bucks cant lose...... it turns over real smooth .....with a socket..

well its lik this i built the lt1 ..myself and after running it there are things i noticed and wanted to do that i didnt so i got rid of it to build a 454 tt setup and push for like 900 horse buttttt i have a babby girl coming and i said the heck with it and went and got the 85 h/a wich now i know i should of got a 86 87 :mad: but this weekend im getting rid of my 75 cutlass and going to pick up this complete gn needs paint soild car engine and trans have maybe 5 miles on it since rebuild 3 years ago so i guess i have a back up engine now if i dont put it in the 84 but i probally will...lol
008.jpg

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 179
well ive changed my mind yet agin the cutlass will not be getting the 85 moter .....im gonna stick it in my c10 truck the plug at the firewall looks very close and its gonna be awhile before the cutt is up and moving agin plus the 400 just has to much compression for this bs gas to use everyday anybody put a gn moter in a 83 chevy truck?