85 buicks on the History channel.. Nov 17th

volvoman

The Green BEAST
This should be fun maybe I could learn somthning :) I just watched the show on mustangs.. They take two cars give two teams 20 hrs to mod them then they race them after two days of work. Check the link below.
Chris

1985 Buick Grand National.
Airs on Wednesday, November 17 at 9:00pm ET

The Grand National represented Buick's return to its "muscle car" roots, and in the 1980s, America's "King of the Streets" received a makeover from the inside out, including headers, turbos, intercoolers, fuel injectors, ECU chips, new racing transmissions, and high-stall torque converters. TVPG

http://www.historychannel.com/globa...atId=12036459&CaseId=12036457&EGrpId=11985922

think this should be great, never would have guessed i would see a hot air on tv getting modded. ive only seen two in person ever other than mine?

As big of a dissappointment as I was afraid it would be. I told my wife before they raced that they would be lucky to hit 14's with no tuning or track time.

Oh well, a least the Grand National got some air time.

yeah

it was ok, They got kudos for having dutweiler on there. I was going " no don;t do that" and " no do this" the whole time. Oh well what do I know. I wish also they would have went into a little more detail about the turbo and injectors. I had a feeling that the hosts did not know what turbo or injectors it was either. LoL it was fun to watch though. :p

It was cool to see some "ink" for the old Buicks.

I especially liked all the clips they re-ran of wheelstanding Buicks! And of course the interviews with our savior...Mr. Duttweiler.