85 GN Build-off on History Channel tonight

The Pontiac guys, the Datsun guys, the Mustang guys ... kind of the same song. I found it interesting that the Pontiac expert had this to say:

I worked to get cars for the production company and arrange for Wangers to come into the studio for some interviews. These guys are not car guys and are just trying to make something to cash in on the "reality show craze." Unfortunately what they built is not reality.

It pained me to watch the show. The build was the worst.

Another funny. The day Wangers was in studio they had an IROC for the background. The day before they had a '69 Judge. Through my work they knew that the Judge would be more appropriate for the background with Jim, but...blah, blah, blah.

Last time I do anything for this production company.

I wonder how the Gremlin and Pacer fans feel after last nights show :D Even one of the guys on the show didn't want to work on them, they looked to be very disappointted that they were getting to work on AMC pos.

Ironically it is still funny, the 85 HOT AIR GN's are still the FASTEST Cars that have been on the show (14.25 at sea level, corrected 13.9) and they were not even tuned:eek: All the nitrous that they put into the mustangs and the firebird and the lil V6 still kicked AZZ:cool: Hopefully they will get the show right :confused: . Somewhere in the earlier post, someone said that they tried to get Ken Dutweiler to help but he was busy? Back in 85, Ken's 85 GN was running mid 12 sec, without a intercooler. They could have go him for the right $$$$$, but cause you could tell they did not consult the right people:mad: Even if they picked up the phone and called him, with changes that they made, he would have told them up the fuel and boost......:mad: 15lbs of boost with no fuel is WHACKED...

I would have not been competing for a POS Pacer / Gremlin. Atleast they could have had 304/360 v8's. Those inline 6's sucked.
I can't believe they put that show in the "BOY TOY" segment.

Just my two cents

Ironically it is still funny, the 85 HOT AIR GN's are still the FASTEST Cars that have been on the show (14.25 at sea level, corrected 13.9) and they were not even tuned:eek: All the nitrous that they put into the mustangs and the firebird and the lil V6 still kicked AZZ:cool: Hopefully they will get the show right :confused: . Somewhere in the earlier post, someone said that they tried to get Ken Dutweiler to help but he was busy? Back in 85, Ken's 85 GN was running mid 12 sec, without a intercooler. They could have go him for the right $$$$$, but cause you could tell they did not consult the right people:mad: Even if they picked up the phone and called him, with changes that they made, he would have told them up the fuel and boost......:mad: 15lbs of boost with no fuel is WHACKED...

I would have not been competing for a POS Pacer / Gremlin. Atleast they could have had 304/360 v8's. Those inline 6's sucked.
I can't believe they put that show in the "BOY TOY" segment.

Just my two cents