9 second turbo suggestion (Again)

hmmm very interesting information you guys have brought up. expanding on the 4 bolt setup, do 4 bolt header.turbo combos outflow throught the enitre powerband, or are they sluggish down low.

Also, my previous turbo was a T66 bb with a .63 housing and a P trim on a 3 bolt, would going up to a 70 gtq 4 bolt .69 housing make a huge difference?

You guys ROCK!!!

Over 600hp it will make a huge difference. You will need to have your converter adjusted.

we are talking about going the mounting surface for the turbo to the header. the 3 bolt setups are the same setups as factory, and the 4 bolts are "aftermarket"

we are talking about going the mounting surface for the turbo to the header. the 3 bolt setups are the same setups as factory, and the 4 bolts are "aftermarket"

Maybe you missunderstood my question.

There are three, maybe more,,, frame size turbos w/a 4 bolt flange.

There are T3's,,,,T4's,,,, & T6's.

I think you guys are upgrading to T4 sized & flanged turbos?????

T4 flanged 4 bolt turbos are the norm for our cars. My old 109 combo with stock compression of 8 to 1 ran a T4 70GTQ. I personally would not run 70GTQ turbo with a .69 a/r. My turbo had a .81 exh housing and spooled like a carburator (no lag) on the street at 15 to 17 psi, and would always put the car sideways at will. The key is a good tune and proper converter selection.

all i need to do is kill the local liengenfelter in town

Adrian,

You could do that with a little Honda Civic Tuner, if the one you're talking about is the one that I'm thinking about. You need to raise your sights. OOOoops ! Did I say that out loud ? Did you have anyone else in mind ;) :cool: :D :rolleyes:

Thought I'd "inject" a little humour for you while you're up in the lonely north

George

"it's just a six", sorry for the retarded response, i obviously misread the question. Goes to show how much i really know.

As for you George, maybe i should set my sights on bigger goals... You maybe. muaahahaha.

As for you George, maybe i should set my sights on bigger goals... You maybe. muaahahaha.

GEEEZ, I never would have thought of me ,,,, are you serious ? ;) :cool:

If i remember correct, i think that dusty's car is a 270CI motor, so spooling a 70 with those extra cubes will make a noticable difference. That is why i was thinking of offsetting my lower compression, and displacement with nitrous.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about a different Dusty.

The reason why I said the "right converter" is becasue I have a Chance bolt together and I am at 17.6% slip. I was debating whether to get the PTC or continue to work with the Chance unit. At this point my funds are telling me to stay with the Chance.

Chance makes a great converter. At this point I don't think he's in the ball park of making them work in as many different apps as I can but for a TSM combo, his are very good.

Outside of that application. Ask Dave Fiscus, Tony Gomes, or Ted A where their Chance converters are at:D

I guess i had you wrong Dusty. I, for some reason was under the impression that you had a bigger cube motor. Feel free to slap me.

Since i have you, could you recommend two different stalls for me,
the first a PT70 GT Q trim 4 bolt with a journal bearing, and a second one with the DBB.

my other specs are on the very first post if you need them.

Thanks alot.

Maybe you missunderstood my question.

There are three, maybe more,,, frame size turbos w/a 4 bolt flange.

There are T3's,,,,T4's,,,, & T6's.

I think you guys are upgrading to T4 sized & flanged turbos?????

Yes T4's. To be more specific tangential T4's. The on center housings suck balls and probably flow less than a 3 bolt .85.

I guess i had you wrong Dusty. I, for some reason was under the impression that you had a bigger cube motor. Feel free to slap me.

Since i have you, could you recommend two different stalls for me,
the first a PT70 GT Q trim 4 bolt with a journal bearing, and a second one with the DBB.

my other specs are on the very first post if you need them.

Thanks alot.

With the 235 and 8.5-1 I'd have to get you around 3400-3600 if you want it to come on fairly quickly. For driveability the dbb will be the best option. Or if the n2o is still an option you can get a tighter converter for better street manners and not worry about spool-up.

Chance makes a great converter. At this point I don't think he's in the ball park of making them work in as many different apps as I can but for a TSM combo, his are very good.

Outside of that application. Ask Dave Fiscus, Tony Gomes, or Ted A where their Chance converters are at:D

Hey Dusty, I am excited that Jack is now carrying PTC converters. My car is not built for TSM, I pretty much want to see how far I could go with the 109.

I think I will be selling my Chance converter and start new with the PTC unit. I have had many conversations with people that said to go with it and I wouldn't be sorry. Including Bobby @ RPE and Jack. Bobby told me about Dave's Chance converter and that it is sitting on his shelf now.Those converters cost a small fortune to begin with and for him to take it out and not use it anymore is a huge selling point in itself! :eek:

Sorry karkolko for hijacking!:)

Dusty maybe we could go over my combo with Jack and see what would be best for my car?

Hey Dusty, I am excited that Jack is now carrying PTC converters. My car is not built for TSM, I pretty much want to see how far I could go with the 109.

I think I will be selling my Chance converter and start new with the PTC unit. I have had many conversations with people that said to go with it and I wouldn't be sorry. Including Bobby @ RPE and Jack. Bobby told me about Dave's Chance converter and that it is sitting on his shelf now.Those converters cost a small fortune to begin with and for him to take it out and not use it anymore is a huge selling point in itself! :eek:

Sorry karkolko for hijacking!:)

Dusty maybe we could go over my combo with Jack and see what would be best for my car?

Not a problem. When you get ready for something just let me know.

Hey Dusty, I am excited that Jack is now carrying PTC converters.

Jack is not buying converters through Dusty, he is buying them direct. You should think about of supporting the guy directly who has spent the most time developing these and not contribute/support those who jumped on the bandwagon late in the game trying to cash in on the reputation developed by the hard work of others.

By the looks of Dustys sig, I think he's doing a good job without the help of others. :biggrin: :eek:

Jack is not buying converters through Dusty, he is buying them direct. You should think about of supporting the guy directly who has spent the most time developing these and not contribute/support those who jumped on the bandwagon late in the game trying to cash in on the reputation developed by the hard work of others.

By the looks of Dustys sig, I think he's doing a good job without the help of others. :biggrin: :eek:

I guess the post the board owner posted to you went in one ear and out the other.:rolleyes:

Nick,

Thank you. I do not need someone to tell me how to think. I have addressed it with both parties. I also never said that Dusty needed any help. I simply asked for the three of us to talk about it.

Both are class acts and gentlemen in my book.

Adrian,
Give me a call this weeknd and we'll get caught up on things.

BTW: How is your leg doing?