9 second turbo suggestion (Again)

Jack is not buying converters through Dusty, he is buying them direct. You should think about of supporting the guy directly who has spent the most time developing these and not contribute/support those who jumped on the bandwagon late in the game trying to cash in on the reputation developed by the hard work of others.

By the looks of Dustys sig, I think he's doing a good job without the help of others. :biggrin: :eek:

Against my better judgement, I will respond to this INACCURATE information.

I still have the email from Dusty, instructing me how to order and from whom at PTC... do I need to post it, along with my emails from Jason at RJC pertaining to my IC and pipes being reverse engineered... where is YOUR SOURCE for info... can you produce PROOF.... OF THESE STATEMENTS... :rolleyes:

Talk about jumping on the bandwagon.... everything about you reeks of that term. I am in business to help my customers, if there is a product that fits their needs, I am all over it!!!! I am not like you and your buddy that promotes product because it was given to me.. free...or a deal.. doesn't matter how good it is.. but it was a deal... GET A LIFE TED... LEAVE ME ALONE..

So did you buy your PTC through Dusty or PTC direct? With all the leg work Dusty did with so many combos anybody rolling the dice will have the best chance of it working the first time going through him. How did yours work? I thought I read it was a little too tight? :eek:

RJC produced a intercooler that was needed in the community at the time. He cut quite a bit of $$ off your intercooler price and provided a efficient unit, kudos to Jason. I know nothing about the pipes other than they look like yours. It is clear you are not happy about that so I don't know what to say.

As far as getting deals on parts. I have had some great help from some vendors. I did not demand anything, never have asked for freebies. These guys help out because they are in the loop with the technical information we can obtain and can use this to better their products. Obviously the parts I use get the job done BIG TIME so you might want to think twice when you say I prop parts only because I get them for free or a deal because the stuff I recommend DELIVERS.

Ill stay with my better judgement and stay out of this.Its so hard to though.:p

You know i am a very opinionated person, but i choose to keep my opinions of other people/vendors to myself when i am on this board, and as should everyone. These threads are suppose to be informative and helpful to everyone who reads them.

Everyone needs to stop acting like 10 year old school girls.

Nevertheless, thanks for all of your help guys,

Adrian

I still have the email from Dusty, instructing me how to order and from whom at PTC...

True story. I did send Jack a proposal of how we can work together to help his customers utilize my experience with these converters and handle it in a way to make it easier for Jack. I do not remember getting a response from you when I sent the proposal. Due to the lapse of time since then and what I was told from a PTC rep we have some wires getting crossed.

No problem. I will be working with Jack per our original deal although pricing may be different due to the time which has passed. I'll be going over that Jack and getting you the info to make sure everything is in order.

i am bringing this post up from the dead, but i would like your opinions on the new 6765 billet turbo compared to the 70 in regards to getting into the 9's.

I know that the 70's are proven to go ddep into the 9's, but the new billet are rated for more hp than the 70's.

Thanks guys

True story. I did send Jack a proposal of how we can work together to help his customers utilize my experience with these converters and handle it in a way to make it easier for Jack. I do not remember getting a response from you when I sent the proposal. Due to the lapse of time since then and what I was told from a PTC rep we have some wires getting crossed.

No problem. I will be working with Jack per our original deal although pricing may be different due to the time which has passed. I'll be going over that Jack and getting you the info to make sure everything is in order.

Since this thread just woke up...... does this mean you were going to call me Dusty or was I supposed to call you... wouldn't want our "wires getting crossed again".... I thought the last sentence left me with you letting me know something... :cool: oh, and here is the last sentence in your "proposal" from your email... way back when we talked originally... PTC's # is 256-383-6868. Ask for Lane as he knows our deal.

Thanks,
Dusty

i am bringing this post up from the dead, but i would like your opinions on the new 6765 billet turbo compared to the 70 in regards to getting into the 9's.

I know that the 70's are proven to go ddep into the 9's, but the new billet are rated for more hp than the 70's.

Thanks guys

More Info on this comparison........... this is good stuff.

A.j.

Thanks guys

This is not totally an accurate post. The 70-71GTQ/HPQ has gone deep into the 9's on a TSM combo with a cast wheel. The 6765 billet turbo is not capable of supporting anywhere near the power of a 70 GTQ/HPQ with a cast wheel. Maybe a 70 P trim but no way vs. the big exhaust wheel. The 6765 would be a solid mid 10 sec turbo on a decent tune and traction at 25-27psi on 99% of the cars you see on this forum. It will probably go high 9's if it was run as hard as possible(like 33-35psi) on a hard core tune but not likely at over 3500lbs in a 3 bolt configuration. It would not be spec's for a 9 sec application either. The 6780 would be an entirely different story and would run 9's much easier than a 6765. Melissa has done it with 93/alky and 3600 lbs with a cast compressor on a very simple combo that no one seems to be able to duplicate.

Lots of action in this thread, just looking at the bottom there are alot of people just viewing it. I say stick with the 70GTQ and forget the NOS. If your interested, i have a 4 bolt 70GTQ/ ATR headers & SS 3" matching downpipe forsale that I used to run 9's with at 24psi and had punched valve springs and header leaks. The 70GTQ has a tredmendous upside.

dont mean to steal the thred but, im Intrested in this turbo..is it a DBB?? if it is, can you shoot me a pm with a price.. thanks.....

well if i remember right , he wanted it to be streetable? i have the 70GTQ Dual BB, turbo, with 83lb injectors alky and so forth ( see my sig ) and one thing you have to keep in mind is , the times when your not hammering the gas pedal down to the ground, i can say that if i don't run it hard i do get decent gas mileage, the 70 GTQ ( 85 houseing ) I love this turbo, It's streetable but when it comes own to Hammer-time:eek: it responds great!!
I believe this turbo provides the best if both worlds. everyone wants a 9's pass but it takes alot to get there. good luck with the search. ;)

a couple of pics of my baby.:biggrin:

well if i remember right , he wanted it to be streetable? i have the 70GTQ Dual BB, turbo, with 83lb injectors alky and so forth ( see my sig ) and one thing you have to keep in mind is , the times when your not hammering the gas pedal down to the ground, i can say that if i don't run it hard i do get decent gas mileage, the 70 GTQ ( 85 houseing ) I love this turbo, It's streetable but when it comes own to Hammer-time:eek: it responds great!!
I believe this turbo provides the best if both worlds. everyone wants a 9's pass but it takes alot to get there. good luck with the search. ;)

a couple of pics of my baby.:biggrin:

OFF SUBJECT A LITTLE BIT:
I just drove my car today for the first time since I got my new turbo, headers, DP, and wastegate on... It spools up a lot faster then the PT-70 I just had.

p.s. I was in Miami on South Beach last week for my B-day.... Boy!!!! I love the whether and the women down there.

But I would advise anybody that wanted to buy a PT-70 to go for it. It had my car sliding all over the place.

As a matter of fact I have one for sale.:D :D :D