96 Mustang Supercharged/w NOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that was me. SS not a Z28, but it doesnt matter. Still a 13 secend ride thatll put you to sleep it takes so long...

hey bob..im not narrow minded just a "little" partial to my car as you are to yours..I think there are plenty of other people on this board that would have this same little arguement with you till you and that other buick owner were blue in the face..just as if you went over to the LS1 page, or any other board that isn't a mustang board someone is not going to agree with everything you say and support your opinion..In this case it was ME..you wanna call me inmature be my guest, i come on here to chat and have a little "fun" conversation with people, more commonly other buick owners, NOT mustang owners!!:mad: If i wanna talk to mustang owners, i would go register on one of their boards. But have no reason to because I OWN A 1987 BUICK GN, not a mustang.:D As for the stock 00 & 01 gt's running 13.9, haven't seen that yet, but hear the potential is there for the newer 01's to do it, yet never seen the later models(00 back to 92) run those et's stock. Bottom line is, bolt on for bolt on it has been proven over and over again(refer to the new GMHTP) Theres no mustang or any other car for that matter can compete with Buick's with no internal mods,(maybe supra's) even though most of the competion has two more cylinders then the buicks do. Show me a domestic car witth bolt-ons running those times. :cool: So if u wanna brag about what your car did, thats fine, do it somewhere were the people will appricitate it, cause on this page as far as I go, i only talk about wasting rustangs.:eek: :mad:

Have a peachy day man,
Inmature and about 2 seconds faster then your mustang will ever be.

The shoebox

Correction 1 second faster for now... until I put a couple more little mods... thats the beauty of not being in a gay ass CLASS again... Have a good time with your little snake... to slow for me... my car just needs a slightly larger torque converter with an 82 housing and 10's are reality... maybe I'll throw a front mount on it, but that would take away from surprising those clueless SLOBRA DORKS... this includes you BOB... again have a PEACHY DAY!!!:D

ey bob..im not narrow minded just a "little" partial to my car as you are to yours.

Oh, no doubt I'm partial to my car. But I've been around long enough to know that there are plenty of other fast cars out there too - certainly including TR's. You, however, obviously have tunnel vision. That's ok - it is a sympton of excessive youth. Translation - you'll likely grow out of it. Some grow out of it earlier than others.

..I think there are plenty of other people on this board that would have this same little
arguement with you till you and that other buick owner were blue in the face.

Perhaps. But my previous experience with this Forum (I've was registered for quite some time on the old UBB) is that most are intelligent, insightful enthusiast vice trash-talking know-it-all internet racers. Know what I mean? No, I suppose you don't. Nevermind.

just as if you went over to the LS1 page, or any other board that isn't a mustang board
someone is not going to agree with everything you say and support your opinion.

Ya think? I tend agree. Why? Cause I've been a member of LS1.com since May of 98 (I had an LS1). I've been a member of CZ28.com for just about as long. I don't ask everyone there - or here - to 'support my opinion'. However, a great many of those folks are broad-minded enough to be able to carry on a reasonable conversation/debate. Then again, there are others that have folks just like you....ie....if you don't own a [insert car brand here], then you ain't ****. Mustang Forums are not immune to that either.

In this case it was ME..you wanna call me inmature be my guest,

Can I please? Thank you. Actually though, I feel as if I'm just pointing out the obvious. If I never said a word, the same thing would be quite evident.

i come on here to chat and have a little "fun" conversation with people, more commonly other buick owners, NOT mustang owners!!

Of course. I humbly apologize for ruining your little diatribe. Please ask the Admins of this site to kick me off because I only drive a Mustang.

If i wanna talk to mustang owners, i would go register on one of their boards. But have no reason to because I OWN A 1987 BUICK GN, not a mustang.

And I'm sure you enjoy your car. Cool. I'm glad.

As for the stock 00 & 01 gt's running 13.9, haven't seen that yet, but hear the potential is there for the newer 01's to do it, yet never seen the later models(00 back to 92) run those et's stock.

Remember that ignorance statement I made a while back? Please allow me to give you an example. There is no mechanical difference between a 99 GT and a 01 GT. A 92 (or 93, or 94, or 95) GT shares absolutely nothing in common with a 00 GT (outside of the very basic chassis). You see, that is why I call you an 'internet racer' - because you 'hear things', or make up things that sound good, but don't know them.

Bottom line is, bolt on for bolt on it has been proven over and over again(refer to the new GMHTP) Theres no mustang or any other car for that matter can compete with Buick's with no internal mods,(maybe supra's) even though most of the competion has two more cylinders then the buicks do.

You know something? I love TR's. I really do. I really started liking them in 86 (I'm sure you know why), and was very disappointed to see them go away when GM went to FWD on its mid-sized cars in 88 (you were born then, right?). A potent package from the factory, anything with a Turbo responds well to 'bolt-on' mods, simply because you have the ability to easily turn up the boost. That isn't possible on non-boosted cars - thus the beauty of the TR's (and TTA's, and to a bit lesser extent, Sy/Ty's). I learned this back in 88/89 when I had my Mustang Coupe, and a good friend had an 87 'T'. With minor mods on both cars, he consistently outran me. But instead of getting mad about it, I admired the cars, and decided that if it was possible, I'd own one some day. Things didn't work out, but hey, that's life.

Now I have something different. It will never be fast enough for me, but I love it, and that's what really matters. Being able to come here and smack overly-nieve folks around a bit is just icing on the cake. :)

Show me a domestic car witth bolt-ons running those times.

That runs what times? The quickest domestic non-boosted 'bolt-on' car I've ever heard of is an LS1 that went 12.5's (actually 2 of them, but that's beside the point). I have heard of, but can't remember the details, an 89 TTA going high 10's on stock internal parts, and have no doubt it is possible. And please, I know what a TTA is, so don't make a weak attempt at any lectures...unless you just feel the need, I guess.

Regardless, its still a rather silly, pointless arguement. But hey...tis entertaining. :D

So if u wanna brag about what your car did, thats fine, do it somewhere were the people will appricitate it, cause on this page as far as I go, i only talk about wasting rustangs.

a) I didn't come here bragging. You said you didn't believe it, I offered proof. You then turned it into a Jr. High-school level discussion, and I answered (perhaps foolishly).

b) I have no delusions about you 'appricitating' it. That was obvious before I ever posted.

Inmature and about 2 seconds faster then your mustang will ever be.

That is about the most ignorant statement you've made in this entire thread - even AFTER you corrected yourself. "when I get this mod and I get that mod and if I ever go to a real track and blah blah blah blah blah". Internet Racer. Nothing else needs explaining.

gay ass CLASS again

Interesting perspective, but jealousy won't get you far. So tell me....how much prize money have you won this year? How many National events have you won? Been interviewed on Inside Drag Racing yet? How about magazine appearances? Do you actually have an 11 second timeslip? Have you ever even seen one?

Yup, tis a 'gay thing' I do for sure.

BTW...I don't like peaches, but I am certainly enjoying my day. Many thanks, kiddo. :)

oh man! Bob, do you have to write books for replies? i cant read that much on an 8th grade edgumacation! man what was the whole point of this thread anyways? oh ya that 4.6 fords suck? do they? who knows and who cares. i dont care how old i get i'll never ever drive a ford. narrowminded? nope. just gotta go by my gut feelings and personal preference. one of my friends is a mechanic at tasca ford and i've never seen the likes of their repairs. brand new cars like that great windstar getting new motors and crown vics with electrical problems i wouldnt exspect to see on a 10 year old car. in my opinion only, fords are junk and when they catch up to the rest of the automotive world in quality,fit and finish i will applaud ford. this guy is a ford mechanic and owns gm's..go figure. JUNK. ok bob write another book, maybe you'll get sick of typing.

That runs what times? The quickest domestic non-boosted 'bolt-on' car I've ever heard of is an LS1 that went 12.5's (actually 2 of them, but that's beside the point).

Hey Bob, I dont know if that was a typo or not, but Im sure you know of some 11.5 bolt on A4 cars. And Moose has been 11.92 with his manual ( I believe thats the second quickest stick car)

Bob you are a hipocrit... plain and simple... you can go through all these long shmeals and try to find faults in everything I say... I can do the same thing with you, however, I thought eventually you would just shut up!!!:mad!!! I will say one thing in reference to you saying that I just don't think any other cars can be made fast... If you had read what I actually wrote I had mentioned the Supra which can made fast for not a lot of money... the only thing I think the buick has over this and many other cars is the initial purchase price of the car and some of the essential parts to go fast like the Turbos, intercoolers, and other things but this may well change as time goes on. Basically, I think any cars with turbo power from the factory is much easier to make fast dollar for dollar as you previously mentioned... this is for the simple reason that they come with much stronger internals, a power adder, and the aftermarkets are very strong along with the tuning factor involved... the strong internals in cars is one thing I deinitely like... For example, the Supras which I had mentioned, can make over 700rwhp on STOCK internals... to my knowledge this is impossible to do with an LS1, LT1, 5.0, or 4.6... this is a huge reason that draws me to them... If you want to spend more money to go fast then be my guest... Just thing of me when these guys who have a third of the money you put in your POS mustang flyby and laugh their asses off at you... I will right now LOL!!! :D :D NOW YOU CAN DISECT EVERYTHING I SAID AND LOOK FOR FAULTS... be my guest since you won't LEAVE!!!:mad: :mad:

Blackshoebox (Alex), you are getting a little out of hand on the internet dude... I can't believe the **** you talk on the internet... The truth of the matter is Bob Cosby will probably beat you at the track even on your race fuel, and you probably have 15k invested in your motor... He only has simple cheap boltons... You could see how he can tell that you were all talk in your previous posts, you really sounds rediculous sometimes dude... You talk about how you beat everything in the street, and I happen to know two cars that you've raced in the street.. One ran 12.5 (01 Z28) in the trim you raced him in, and from what spectators saw he put more than 5 cars on you... The other one ran 13.4 (Silver 95 Z28)and you put 1 car lenth on him... Your car on pump gas sounds like it'll probably run low 13's... On race fuel probably low 12's... But Bob Cosby is a great driver and he's consistent.. You talk about how ****ty fords are... At the Monday night races that you and me have both been at together there is a 99 GT there with a blower and forged internals.... You have a built motor with a bigger turbo + all the boltons... Y dont you put your money where your mouth is and race him for money?? Cause he'll do it at the drop of a hat, he'll even go to the track like you prefer... So instead of all this bench racing y dont you actually race someone??

Dave

BTW, Bob you are friggin hillarious dude.. :D It's great the way you keep such a mature attitude while still rippin someone apart, gotta love that.. lmfao

Dave

This post is wearing me out...

F = Ford
O = Owners
R
D =Dumb Asses

:D :D :D :D :D

I had to throw that one in. ;)

Bottom line is:

1. There are fast cars of all kinds. This is what makes racing cool.
2. There is always somebody faster.

And last but not least;

Buick turbo cars ( that would include the 1989 TTA ), provide
the most bang for the buck. Period..........

I ran Mustangs, Camaros, Novas , RX-7s etc... for years. Had alot of fun and spent alot of money. :eek: Now I have more fun and spend less money. :cool:

Later

Bob, your writing is admirable, spelling excellent and you have made your points quite well. I think you win. Here it's "run what you brung", we'll talk about it at the end of the road. :cool:

bsdlinux, even though you're obviously a foremost expert in racing all types of cars... Since you are making the "assumption" that Buicks are the best bang for the buck and its cheaper to make them go fast... Would you mind me asking you for some proof?? How much money have you spent and what does your car run?? Cause i know a few Fox body mustangs that I'm sure could outrun any GN dollar for dollar...

Dave

close this thread..its so out of hand it is rediculous..i got some guy in virginia named bob..comes on here to run his mouth about a bolt on rustang car..which frankly, i think is a piece of s**t regardless of what it runs..and thats my opinion and I have every right to say it. Then my "pal" dave comes on here and runs his mouth because he owns a mustang and I always talk s**t to him. Say what u want about my car, when i have some timeslips, ill talk more. I know what the car did before, and know what it feels like now, hell its my car, and ive been driving and racing it for 5 years now. i'll go out on the limb and say it will run what i claim when its turned properly, with boost and a good launch. Enough said, on this topic.

Oh ya bob, do me a favor.
GO **** YOURSELF:mad

Do me and everyone else a favor, get off this board and dont come back, cause ill just sit here and verbally bomb u all day, call it inmature. call it whatever u want, bottom line is, i can do it, and will continue to if I FEEL LIKE IT> not saying everyone on this board is like that, but since u seem to like to attack me since all i did was simplely question ur mods, since i don't see 11'second "bolt-on" mustangs running around on a daily basis, guess what bob, im going to verbally attack u like the ****ing old hag piece of **** u are. Just because, I CAN!!

:mad: :mad:

Hey Bob

Did you know your car is in the September 2001 Car Craft Magazine? On page 90 under factory street. There is also a timeslip of 12.45 at 109mph. So to anyone who doesn't believe the fact he runs 11's theres proof right there. I know that this is not a 11 second timeslip but you can always tune a couple of tenths and drive her better. Congrats on the time. Also on a other note. Everyone needs to calm down on this verbal abuse and sh!t talking. I live down the street from this guy who was always talkin crap on the computer on this mustang site (I knew his screen name thats how I know it was him). Well to make a long story short. He pissed off some guy who used to be a seal or green beret or something like that. The guy found out where he lived and beat came like 900 miles to his house and beat the crap out of him. The guy was almost dead when his girlfriend came home, and he was to scared to tell the police what the other guy looked like. So in final watch what you say to others for you have no idea what they might do. There are a lot of crazy people out there who just don't care what they do. What ever you argue over don't let it go to the next level. All of you seem like nice people and it would be a shame if someone got hurt.
Thanks.

Black&Buick...most certainly a typo - I meant 11.5 - 11.56 specifically, for both John Campbell (Raughhammer) and Stephen Sanders (Colonel). No way in heck I'll ever catch those guys (can't compete with those A4 converters!), so I'm after the faster M6 cars. :D

BSB...I don't see how I'm being hypocritical, but if you say so, ok. You seem quite pissed off, so I'll leave it alone for now. Wasn't my intent to piss you, or anybody else off (though I have to admit, it's been kind of fun - I suppose that is where the hypocritical part comes in....but I digress). BTW....I kind of thought you were just an internet racer - thanks to Dave for proving it. If you wish to 'bomb me' everytime I say something here, knock yourself out. Be advised that you won't be hurting me though - only yourself. You're ate up dude. Ate up. :)

Leroy...yes I do. Thanks. :)

I can't believe the level of maturity in here from some people.

Me nor Bob ever put down the Buick. We both love and respect them.

All either of us did was make a point on how fast stock cars can go and what our cars run.

Some people really need to grow up, one in particular.

I love the GN's. One will maybe someday be in my garage. As for the guy that said i'd get walked all over. Yes, there are GN's that will beat me and there are many GN's I will beat. I suspect more of them. There aren't too many guys that run mid 10's running around all day. The gas and boost I run is on all the time btw, i don't change anything except tires for the track.

Just for an FYI I have run 11.01 on street tires, and that is with my current stock shortblock and a conservative tune. Still a very respectable time.

If you can't respect your advisary, then that is totally your choice. But, to be blind to the potential is naive.

I meant to also add, earlier in the year, i had a 2001 GT Convertible.

With an xpipe and gears, the car ran 13.94

thats a vert which is going to run slower than a coupe and i am by far NOT a great 5 speed driver.

I also respect the modability of the GN, again, anything with a turbo is easily modded though. That, however does not take away from a great car and that a car, if still producted today, would definately be at the top of the pack.

It's a shame to find a new board and read all the If's, Coulda's and Shoulda Woulda's. I came on this board to look for some inexpensive blow off valves and happened to notice the kill section.

Every single post I read where the GN lost there are If's and such. If I had my sticky tires, If I had more boost, If I was running race gas, yada yada yada.

When I win, I win. When I lose, I lose. And it doesn't happen often, I have never been beat on the street, only at the track. Does that mean I am unbeatable on the street. Hell no, It just means I haven't come across a car that puts down a faster et than me yet on the street. Will I in the future. At some point I am sure I will.

As a car enthusiast, I love anything that flies down the track. In the past 2 years, I have owned a 2000 WS6 TA, 2000 Celica GTS, 2000 C5 Coupe, 2001 Mustang GT, and now a Pontiac Grand Prix GTS. And of course the Cobra which I have always had. All cars were nice and all have their benefits.

And for my childish nature,
Mr Blackshoebox, You can't beat me, neener neener neeeeeeener, :)

2000 Celica? Did you have Brain fade the day you bought that? hehehe

Just kiddin... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.