A Free Trick To Help Speed Up Your Power Windows.

It's official...Kirban discontinued their wiring upgrade 4 years ago...I just got an e-mail from them. 12/21/2009
Conrad

Someone needs to make this thread a sticky in the "how-to" section.

Guys, we are selling a similar module from our site. Turbo Window Express Have already installed them on my own GN and they work great! Complete instructions with pictures specific for Turbo Regals is included. Support a vendor that supports the board.:)

Mark, IIRC, the express module you have for sale doesn't speed up the windows, but just merely makes it to where you don't have to hold down the button for the next 20 minutes waiting for that slow ass window to go up?

Someone needs to make this thread a sticky in the "how-to" section.

Mark, IIRC, the express module you have for sale doesn't speed up the windows, but just merely makes it to where you don't have to hold down the button for the next 20 minutes waiting for that slow ass window to go up?

Correct! Doesn't matter how slow the windows are with these. Just hit the button for a fraction of a second in the direction you want the window to go and let go. Window opens all the way or closes all the way on it's own.

You can also stop it wherever you want as well by just hitting the button again. Great for pulling up to the time slip booth or a toll booth. :biggrin:

That why I bought a car with roll-up windows.:) What a f-en headache the power windows are.

When I swapped my manual windows over to power windows I tested the motors. The drivers side was real slow compared to the passenger side. Did the mod and I didnt notice anything when the motor is out of the car. Put the motors in, and the drivers side is signifiacantly faster than the passenger side. If I ever pop my door panels off again I was planning on doing this mod to the passenger window. The drivers side in probably twice as fast as the passenger side.

I think it sped up my passenger side window but I didn't time the before and after.

I just got my car out of the body shop and converted to electric windows from manual, they came with the new donor doors. My manual doors where rotted.. well the "new" electric doors are slower then crap and with the new window seals, won't go the last inch on either side, unless the door is open. I'm going to try this modification one of these weekends.

Chuck

I did this mod and I can't be happier. I've ALWAYS hated the slow windows these cars are plagued with. My windows operate very smoothly and much faster now. They still aren't as fast as the windows in my Lightning but they are fast enough to not be a PIA. Thanks for sharing.

I did this mod and I can't be happier. I've ALWAYS hated the slow windows these cars are plagued with. My windows operate very smoothly and much faster now. They still aren't as fast as the windows in my Lightning but they are fast enough to not be a PIA. Thanks for sharing.

Well...at least the windows in your Lightning are faster than your Turbo Buick.
You know how slow trucks can be...
:biggrin:
Couldn't let that opportunity pass....could I?

Well...at least the windows in your Lightning are faster than your Turbo Buick.
You know how slow trucks can be...
:biggrin:
Couldn't let that opportunity pass....could I?

Awwwwwwe F#&K
errr.gif
.......you HAD to go and bring that shidt up