A Red Grand National?

very rare, i belive thats the color that gm was going to make them but they later painted the prodotype black

If I remember the story correctly the reason that this color change was made was because Pontiac was having a coniption that thier primary color for the limited performance vehicles was red.

I believe the only red GN was the prototype 83. It was later painted black and crushed. I dont think any red GN's were produced from the factory.

i ve actually seen one in staten island,ny-registered and insured-driving around town with his wife. real eye catcher.

Best I can tell, there were two '83 Grand National concept cars done in Red.

One was done by Molly, quickly repainted black, and shown on the Auto Show circuit as the "Street Regal".

The other car done by Buick engineering, fitted with an aerodynamic nose (ala the Monte SS), half of which became the 84/87 header panel/grille. This is the car linked to above.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
i thought GN's werent made in 83?

-Neil
It was only a prototype of the (then) upcoming 84 GN.They didn't produce any 83 GNs for sales.

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
i thought GN's werent made in 83?

-Neil

They were only concept cars. Much of their new designs didn't make it into production.