Accident at West coast nats

cruzn57

Still plays with cars!
not sure of status of Scott Atk, last word was concussion, broken ribs, broken neck bones?\ etc. etc.

just before noon saturday Scott was on a very good run , got loose on him about 3/4 track, he collected it, then it got away
from him, I did not see the run, this is from others who did see it,
car went thu the lights sideways clocks said 9.70@119 then all went bad.
word has it he was all over the track then hit the guard rail went over it, then the car went end over end X times( conflicting numbers)
his helmet was knocked off, and he was banged around like a rag doll.
here are couple pics of the after math, he was air lifted to head trama hosp in Phx
wish everyone would say a few prayers for him.......

Attachments

• buick nats nov 2011 034.jpg
    buick nats nov 2011 034.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 11,318
  • buick nats nov 2011 036.jpg
    buick nats nov 2011 036.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11,755
  • buick nats nov 2011 050.jpg
    buick nats nov 2011 050.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 10,863
  • buick nats nov 2011 052.jpg
    buick nats nov 2011 052.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10,934
Damn that car is way beyond repair, I hope Scott is well, i remember a while back helping him setup his HR bar sway bar, best wishes to him..

Damn... prayers sent. That is scary, looking at the after pics of the car, and hearing the helmet came off.

EDIT: I see the rear down bars... thank goodness for the cage on this one.

HOLY !!! That was a nasty crash.
I hope Scott is OK, never ever want to hear of a helmet coming off. Prayers sent

Bryan

Damn... prayers sent.

EDIT: I see the rear down bars... thank goodness for the cage on this one.

Unfortunately, this car did NOT have a cage, but only a roll bar. :frown:

A certified roll cage would have been a big help in reducing the damage in this mid-9 second run.

All of us at the event and here in Phoenix wish Scott the best in his healing and recovery.

Scott, get well quick we need you back to your regular form OK

My blessing are with you and your family

Steve Hurst

Prayers for you and your family, Scott, & best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Unfortunately, this car did NOT have a cage, but only a roll bar. :frown:

A certified roll cage would have been a big help in reducing the damage in this mid-9 second run.

All of us at the event and here in Phoenix wish Scott the best in his healing and recovery.

Damm thats awful wreck !! Nick the first thing I thought was what happened to the cage. Then I noticed no front bars with a halo. My wife stopped us from racing because we kept on getting kicked out with Melissa's car for goin to fast. So we did the rest of the front bars. @ 140+ things are not goin to be good without the proper safety stuff:redface: I just hope Scott comes out ok !! Can always build another car !! Damm this is BAD !!

Wow, that's nasty. Glad Scott made it out alive. Good luck with your recovery Scott.

If he would of had a full cage and his helmet comes off it would have been worse for him. I hope he recovers 100%