Accident at West coast nats

Here's the link:
turboscott231's Channel - YouTube

P.S. I just found the other thread in the lounge. I'm really not sure where Nick is coming from? I guess because it's his home track and the semi-event coordinator that he feels he needs to discredit me somehow to alleviate any suspicion of the operation? I can assure you Nick, I am not a litigious person in the slightest, My accident was entirely my fault, I believe when I pull up to the starting line I place the responsibility squarely on my back. With that said. whatever you "heard" from the tech inspector is simply not true. In fact my friend Brad said to me, "you mean that's it?" when he took the tech card and walked away and I said, "I guess so" I'm really not interested in taking this awesome and heart felt thread in a different direction and I will always take the high road and therefore will leave it at that.

Well said. Glad you are recovering ok. You stationed at Nellis?

Scott Atk P.S. I just found the other thread in the lounge. I'm really not sure where Nick is coming from? I guess because it's his home track and the semi-event coordinator that he feels he needs to discredit me somehow to alleviate any suspicion of the operation? I can assure you Nick said:
Scott, I do not know why you think I was trying to "discredit" you, as I just stated what I heard from Jeff, the race and tech director at the track? :confused:

Here is his post from Yellow Bullet forum:

"Im going to give the FACTS of this incident as I was tech and race director. Car was teched for 10.00. PERIOD. First pass was 10.17. Second pass was 9.81 when the accident happened. The chin strap was still in place on helmet when picked up from ground. Please dont make accusations for track being at fault. We did what we were suppose to do. The EMT was about 500 ft from where car stopped and helicopter was on site working another event. If our procedure is wrong then please give me suggestions on what we can do different."

Must have me confused with somebody else. That was my first run, I never had any dialogue with the tech. Nick, I have always, and still consider you a friend and mentor.I hope you feel the same, stuff happens, nuff said. I don't blame the track or it's personnel at all.

I have to wear the collar 24/7 for 3 months, and yes, I'm already tired of it.

Yes, Nellis, AFB.

p.s. can anyone convert a 6.08 1/8th mile to 1/4 for me?

Glad your up and about Scott, I think you are very lucky!!

Your wreck has a lot of us reevaluating our own situations, wishing you a speedy full recovery.

Chuck

Scott,
I am one who does not know you nor have we ever met. I have read every post on here and watched the video probably more than you have.This was 100% a accident like many have said stuff happens. There is nothing that could have been done to avoid such a crash. The main thing is that we all learn life is precous and we must live it to the fullest. I believe that was exactly what you were doing. If I could get mine to the 9's I would be right there with you.I am glad your in good spirits and you really just look like your wife kicked your A$$. I am sure she is pissed but happy your going to be ok.
I am impressed how well the car held up and more impressed how well you help up. I wish you a speady recovery and I hope we can all get together one day and reminis about all this fun stuff. I dont have anything to donate but would like to help. If there is anything you need feel free to send me a pm. If I dont have it I will find it. Best of luck to you and your family.

Must have me confused with somebody else. That was my first run, I never had any dialogue with the tech. Nick, I have always, and still consider you a friend and mentor.I hope you feel the same, stuff happens, nuff said. I don't blame the track or it's personnel at all.

I have to wear the collar 24/7 for 3 months, and yes, I'm already tired of it........

Thanks Scott. :)

I have respected your accomplishments, and you have proven your personal integrity as you have taken responsibility for this unfortunate accident, just get well soon.

I do share some of your pain as I just spent 3 months on crutches with a broken ankle, minor compared to your condition, and do look forward to seeing you again.

Dang white Regals all look alike........they ain't like the black ones.........:eek:

Jus' throwin' that out there.......

Hope you're feeling better, Scott. Best of luck in the healing process!

I just ran into this thread and found out about your wreck. Thank God you made it and are recovering. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.