Aeromotive 340 fuel pump ?

I'm going to put one in my car per recommendation from Billy Anderson (Anderson Performance) in the next month to support my new engine build (see signature). My buddy is running one in his 87 WE4 no issues whatsoever, motor put down 570+ and 583 ft lbs to the wheels @ 25psi ...that's well over 600 at the crank. My build will be very similar to his and should be a little bit more HP. Billy did my buddy's build and is currently doing mine as well.

I did 520/580 at the wheels on 22psi with my Walbro 255lph. I didn't log fuel pressure though, but my AFR was pretty solid. I plan to upgrade to a 6466 and E85 at some point so I think the 340 should give me enough. I have to figure out what to do with the stock lines though. I read something about converting the vent or purge line to a return line?

I did 520/580 at the wheels on 22psi with my Walbro 255lph. I didn't log fuel pressure though, but my AFR was pretty solid. I plan to upgrade to a 6466 and E85 at some point so I think the 340 should give me enough. I have to figure out what to do with the stock lines though. I read something about converting the vent or purge line to a return line?

Seems like most drill out the ends of the stock lines to take out the restriction...mainly the return. I'll be running 80's, 93 pump gas and dual nozzle Alky for now...shooting for 600hp mark. Eric Marshall said I would be fine with my 60's and Walbro 340 (255) plus dual nozzles for low 10's and would use 80's if looking to break into 9's, even though it's been done with 60's and dual nozzles...will definitely need 2 nozzles. He said the 80's and Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump will work well and would give me plenty of margin and room to grow...especially if I decide someday to run race fuel instead of pump & alky.

Seems like most drill out the ends of the stock lines to take out the restriction...mainly the return. I'll be running 80's, 93 pump gas and dual nozzle Alky for now...shooting for 600hp mark. Eric Marshall said I would be fine with my 60's and Walbro 340 (255) plus dual nozzles for low 10's and would use 80's if looking to break into 9's, even though it's been done with 60's and dual nozzles...will definitely need 2 nozzles. He said the 80's and Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump will work well and would give me plenty of margin and room to grow...especially if I decide someday to run race fuel instead of pump & alky.
Are you interested in running e85?

Are you interested in running e85?
trim bottle neck off the feed line at the pump and yes drill or trim the very end of the return metal lines
When running the am340 just to be safe
:D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

trim bottle neck off the feed line at the pump and yes drill or trim the very end of the return metal lines
When running the am340 just to be safe
:D

The Spectra pump hanger is pretty nice too. Advance auto usually stocks them. Don't forget the new in tank wiring kit from Racetronix...

No intention of E85 in the near future... no idea where to even get it around my way. I like my 93 pump gas and alky right now.

The Spectra pump hanger is pretty nice too. Advance auto usually stocks them. Don't forget the new in tank wiring kit from Racetronix...

I'll have to check that out and also get the Racetronix in tank wire kit for sure. Thanks

I would definitely not use the Aeromotive pump with E85. Local guy here has a double pumper with twin Aeromotives on it with E85 in a Regal. The primary pump took crap after only a hundred miles or so. Aeromotive gave him a hard time about using it with E85, telling him he needed to run extra fine filtration even on the return line to the tank and even then the pump would have significantly reduced life. But in the end they did exchange / warranty the pump. It's best to go with a pump that is advertised to be compatible with E85, like the deatschwerks pump. If you read the fine print about the "Aeromotive stealth type" pumps it tells you that they're not 100% compatible and will not live very long.

That 6466 Gen2 CEA turbo is a 900HP turbo. It's gonna need more than a single in tank pump to fully support it. The big single walbro will come close (with +15V), but just barely. A pair of Deatschwerks pumps would do it, and with a volt booster they would have a couple hundred HP worth of cushion. But that's all only needed if you want to use all or close to all that turbo's got.

Spectra Hanger slightly modified of course!

Attachments

• 1393527491831.jpg
    1393527491831.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 226
I would get pump hanger and sender from racetronix one stop shopping all set up ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get pump hanger and sender from racetronix one stop shopping all set up ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything for the TTA is custom. Racetronix does not offer a hanger, or wiring specifically for it...

Anything for the TTA is custom. Racetronix does not offer a hanger, or wiring specifically for it...

Our FL98 bulkhead upgrade will work on the F7 TTA. Same hanger configuration. This in combination with our 10 gauge hotwire harness will support the heavy power demands of 340LPH+ pumps such as our RXP340M. There are two problems with running a 300+LPH pump on the factory hanger / lines. The taper on the hanger is a major restriction which can cause the pump to work extra hard and fail prematurely. The return lines may be a bit restrictive causing a pressure rise. These issues can be fixed with a bit of ingenuity. Our DCSS pump mount can be used in combination with the pump mount grommet to properly mount the 386LPH or 430LPH E85 Walbro pump.

TTA FUEL PUMP.JPG
TTA FUEL RAIL.JPG

Here is our version of a billet hanger made specifically for the TTA which has 2 DW pumps installed, a very accurate and reliable sender assembly, and has -8 and -6 fuel line fittings.

We installed this in a 10 sec. TTA which we converted to e-85 a month ago.

Braided lines, a modified fuel rail and remote regulator were also done on this TTA.

View attachment 216028 View attachment 216029

Here is our version of a billet hanger made specifically for the TTA which has 2 DW pumps installed, a very accurate and reliable sender assembly, and has -8 and -6 fuel line fittings.

We installed this in a 10 sec. TTA which we converted to e-85 a month ago.

Braided lines, a modified fuel rail and remote regulator were also done on this TTA.
Is this hanger something you will have available for purchase?

Last edited:
Yes, we will make these to order for the TTA, and can build it to your preferences as to pumps and fitting sizes.

There are terminals with nuts on the top of the unit to positively and securely attach the 3 wires from the car.

We have done many GN version of this billet unit over the past year from stock street application to race cars.

It is nice to also have confidence in the fuel gauge!, our testing shows it is much more accurate than stock! :)

I'm going to put one in my car per recommendation from Billy Anderson (Anderson Performance) in the next month to support my new engine build (see signature). My buddy is running one in his 87 WE4 no issues whatsoever, motor put down 570+ and 583 ft lbs to the wheels @ 25psi ...that's well over 600 at the crank. My build will be very similar to his and should be a little bit more HP. Billy did my buddy's build and is currently doing mine as well.

At your HP level, you would be fine with a single 340LPH+ in-tank pump as long as the wiring components are upgraded. There is no need to go to the expense of a dual system and dedicated lines unless you have much bigger plans for the future.

We have our RXP340 pumps that offer the same performance as the Stealth and DW pumps but are much more affordable.

Racetronix manufactures a wide range of parts that are compatible with the TTA. Most of our TR dual in-tank parts will work with the TTA factory hanger should you wish to put together an affordable plug and play DP system yourself.

The factory fuel rails along with an Accufab regulator can support more power than most motors will ever need so stick with them.

If there is enough interest in TTA fuel solutions, we may consider manufacturing an affordable stainless version of our G7 hanger and ceramic level sensor for the TTA. Much of these items would be the same as the L98/TPI cars.

At your HP level, you would be fine with a single 340LPH+ in-tank pump as long as the wiring components are upgraded. There is no need to go to the expense of a dual system and dedicated lines unless you have much bigger plans for the future.

We have our RXP340 pumps that offer the same performance as the Stealth and DW pumps but are much more affordable.

Racetronix manufactures a wide range of parts that are compatible with the TTA. Most of our TR dual in-tank parts will work with the TTA factory hanger should you wish to put together an affordable plug and play DP system yourself.

The factory fuel rails along with an Accufab regulator can support more power than most motors will ever need so stick with them.

If there is enough interest in TTA fuel solutions, we may consider manufacturing an affordable stainless version of our G7 hanger and ceramic level sensor for the TTA. Much of these items would be the same as the L98/TPI cars.

I currently have the Racetronix hot wire kit installed with a Walbro 340 and Accufab regulator. I'm definitely interested in upgrading the wiring where needed. I already have the Aeromotive Stealth though (not installed yet). What parts do I need to upgrade my wiring? Thanks