affordable distributor install?

V6Power87

I saw the other thread and it made me wonder, Is there a more inexpensive way to go about putting a dist. in a buick V6? (ie: Not buying all new MSD parts)

Is the 7al the way to go?

This would be for an off center stage II, with a FAST B2B box with a completely stock ignition.

Thanks!!

The distributor is the biggest expense now that the used ones have disappeared. EVERYTHING else can be had new for around $500 (used much cheaper). A lot of guys run the $300 Crane box w/coil with the stock crank sensor and our $75 adaptor plug and $85 MSD Wires.
Caution: The Crane box doesn't have a 2-step

Thanks Cal. :) I am already half way there.... I have some new plug wires I was gonna put on. I'm glad I didn't cut them yet for the DIS!

The Crane box can have a 2 step if so desired. Its obviously more $$$. The MSD 6A boxes, Mallory series 6 and EBAY knock off boxes will all work for a cheap solution. I believe member "Speedstar" had converted a stock style dist to work. Dont know how it worked.

Hey Louie....

Good to see your up and around again.
I didn't keep up with the posts about your recovery, hope all is well...

Sorry for drifting off topic.

Louie L. said:
The Crane box can have a 2 step if so desired. Its obviously more $$$. The MSD 6A boxes, Mallory series 6 and EBAY knock off boxes will all work for a cheap solution. I believe member "Speedstar" had converted a stock style dist to work. Dont know how it worked.
What are you running for an ignition system Louie?

V6Power87 said:
What are you running for an ignition system Louie?

I run the crane HI6 and LS2 coil. Much cheaper than the 7al. and much more compact. There is quite a few guys using this Ing. set up now.

If anyone is interested I'm about to sell my 7al2 and 3 step box. I'm going to the digital 7. Box is still like new and works fine. Went 5.39 @ 136 with it last weekend.

$400 shipped to you.

49-blues said:
Louie- where is a good place to get the LS2 coil- dont see it in summits or jegs.?

I actually meant to say the LX92 coil from Crane.It has nothing to do with the Chevy LSx cars. This is their all out race unit. They 4 coils available all for less than 75.00.