After Market Plenum

Procharge

Boost inspired WFO
I just bought and installed a Hemco Race plenum. Anybody use these i like think it looks kind of bad seems to rev faster. so whos got them and what do you think of them or any others for that matter

Did you get the larger throttle body too?

:D

Put the "stocker" against the 70mm side by side... Take a good look! ;)

nope talked to a few guys saidthey never really got any gain's off of bigger throttle bodies

uh huh...

That is why so many bore them out to 62MM?

Do you believe everything you hear? :D

So you just got that pretty upper plenum for it's shiney aluminum look? :) If you got the answer from your "guys" why ask on the board?

It really depends on the total combination of parts. A larger TB will gain zero on a stock turbo's car. A plenum is the same. If you have a high power engine combination (say 500hp) then the TB and plenum will help. I am making 600+hp with a stock throttle body, ...........oh wait I run two of them and a huge plenum, sorry.;)

Combination... combination

I view the engine as a large air pump... The more airflow you can get into it... and out of it... :D

It was the last resistant cork in my motor.

If I see a low 12 all of a sudden... I will claim it is worth a solid 1 second et reduction! :D

It really depends on the total combination of parts. A larger TB will gain zero on a stock turbo's car. .......

Years ago we did a test on 70MM and 62MM throttle bodies as compared to stock on a low 11 sec. car. Our results showed NO change in ET or MPH.:eek:

On a few, almost stock GN's, that went with 70MM TB's, some drivability issues were troubling and solved by going back to stock.

Don't listen to the claims from the Chevy and Mustang guys about how much they help performance - they do not have a turbo to "assist" air flow and volume.

Flow velocity is also important, and can be "killed" by too large a TB for a given application. The proper combination and selection of parts is extremely important for a desired performance level, and this is many times not considered when building a car. Bigger is not always better.:)