Alky is on the 03 Regal GS

I will be spraying after the rotors, but what just to play devils advocate...who cares what happens to your rotors. Our SCs are getting cheaper and rotors are even cheaper. On top of that the nice carbon glaze build up probably does as much as the teflon coating. ;) I wonder if it would be worth it to coat our rotors with some sort of fancy coating from swain tech or someone.

Also we are not working with $900-2000 high precision turbos that cannot be rebuilt by the average joe.

3.0 is on now. I get some KR 0.5-3 normally, sometimes up to 5-6 but both are only when I stab the throttle real quick. If I roll into it I see none. I am still trying to dial the car in. I need to drive down to the rat race Pinellas County this weekend and buy Julio dinner and maybe he will help me with dialing the alky in.
I think a custom burned PCM would help eliminate the KR by adding some more fuel as the boost comes on. I had the turn on point set at 3psi but it was consuming to much alky. With the new pulley it jumps to 5-8 psi with very little throttle (<1/4). I have upped the turn on point to about 7-8psi. I see ramchargers has a trans plus that allows you to adjust timing and fuel on the L67. I may have to look into one. I will also look into a DHP or other PCM burn. I need one that will be custom tailored to my mods and Alky.

I am also considering doing a FWI or CAI. Right now I just have a gutted with K&N panel. The FWI probably won't happen since it rains pretty heavy here at times.

I too see KR when I jab the gas fast, even with AFPR and Mini-Afc tuning I haven't seen much change. I'm still learning though.

If you could, can you let us know if you get Julio to help you tune the car this weekend? If you end up killing your KR, that should prove to me that Water Injection on a L67 is worthwhile. I'd like to get setup with something soon.

BTW, I hear the transplus is a piece of ****, thats the word i've heard on ClubGP anyway. The only good tuning devices that seem to benefit us is the MAFT+ (fueling/timing), Techedge Mini-AFC 1.0 or 2.0 (fueling), Happy Knob (timing), ZZPs ICCU for use with a Custom DHP PCM (Fueling/timing,etc).

I would do a CAI if I were you. I'd look into either an MSP CAI or a Wizaired CAI. Those are the best ones on the market. People say the other CAIs such as Thrashers or SLPs are way too restrictive, they sure do look it too. I have a MSP CAI personally and I love it. I now love it more with my the optional Ram-Air lid with function ASCD Ram Air hood (added a month ago). I wouldn't recomend a FWI to anyone. There always filthy. Anyone who says there FWI in there GP stays clean is a moron. I tested one out and let me tell ya, i'd never try it again, not even if it added a few HP (which it does not).

Not water :eek: hehe

The car isnt getting knock on top of the gears, only when the gas pedal is punched. My feelings are the ecm needs to be calibrated for the higher boost levels being run. The stock program from GM on any car isnt much of a performance program.

hey Mike.. whats for dinner :D

I do work for food ya know :)

mmmmmmmmmmm food.......... I'm hungry. :D

Wish I could see your kit in person Razor, too bad you guys weren't closer to Oklahoma City :( . If you guys do end up meeting up, can ya let us know how everything goes? I'm curious myself. Good Luck...

Shawn

Originally posted by Iron Indian
BTW, I hear the transplus is a piece of ****, thats the word i've heard on ClubGP anyway. The only good tuning devices that seem to benefit us is the MAFT+ (fueling/timing), Techedge Mini-AFC 1.0 or 2.0 (fueling), Happy Knob (timing), ZZPs ICCU for use with a Custom DHP PCM (Fueling/timing,etc).

The transplus is the MAFT+. I have one and it works great. People on Clubgp.com bash anything that's not made by Thrasher, ZZP, or Intense. That's why not many people make things for our cars. I can't wait to put alky on my GTP. :D Initial results sound good.

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
The transplus is the MAFT+. I have one and it works great. People on Clubgp.com bash anything that's not made by Thrasher, ZZP, or Intense. That's why not many people make things for our cars. I can't wait to put alky on my GTP. :D Initial results sound good.

Does the MAFT+ allow you to adjust timing and fuel based on boost, rpm, maf readings, or rpm?

Can you scan the directions and email them to me? Or copy them and mail them?
Thanks
Mike

Julio,
Do you want to eat at a place with eye candy, beer, and greasy food. Did I say eye candy:D .

Originally posted by wh1-Denver

Julio,
Do you want to eat at a place with eye candy, beer, and greasy food. Did I say eye candy:D .

I guess you really want a good tune then :D Bring the laptop and lots of alcohol.. not the drinking kind.

I'm free tommorrow. so hit me up.. ;)

To address the transition knock, maybe Julio could wire up a trigger to activate the alky at 3psi AND wot, or just wot. If not at wot then the 7psi turnon point would be in effect. Is this possible?

Mike

We did some R&D yesterday afternoon, what we found was that if we had the system firing at 3 PSI boost, we could get the KR under .5 degrees throughout an entire run. Actually would go down to zero torwards the top of the rpm in the gear. if we left the ramp the same and upped the turnon point, we would get 3-8 degrees KR when the throttle was punched and then the KR would come down.

My feelings is the car needs more fuel down low to offset the new created boost curve of the smaller pulley. Having a low turnon gave us the fuel needed, but then consumption is hampered. The wot switch could help only if the car is at a very low rpm then hammered, if its already like at 2200 rpms and you open the blade..its instant boost... same problem.

A MAF translator, that more fuel could be added, would probably do the trick.. without getting into custom PCM programming, but this is all speculation till the "opera" lady sings.

Just like our GN's.. custom programming required to optimize results.

Heres something I pulled up today, pretty neat..

http://www.gscmotorsports.com/maf2daysh.html

TRYMY231S,

I'm sorry I thought the tranplus was something else I heard of. I've heard several member compliment the MAFT+. The MAFT+ was used way before ZZP or Intense existed.

Hows the adjustiblity on a MAFT+ anyway? I've never messed with one before, always been curious about one though...

Shawn

Working good. Julio helped me dial it in that weekend. Consumption has dropped to the point that my wife asked me when was the last time I filled it because she hasn't put any in in a long time. I can't remember the last time I put some in. If I am not really beating on the car a lot it doesn't use very much now. We turned the intial to start spraying at 6psi instead of 3psi and we turn the ramp up to come on quicker.

Originally posted by wh1-Denver
Does the MAFT+ allow you to adjust timing and fuel based on boost, rpm, maf readings, or rpm?

Oops, forgot about this thread. You can adjust timing in 1 or 2 degree increments, you can have it take out timing after a certain RPM (can't remember exactly what it is right now). You can lean it out (or richen it) in 2% increments. It adjusts base and WOT settings; just be careful when you use it! Check it out at www.ramchargers.com.

Where's your KR at nowadays?? Do you get any at all? What pulley are you running and are you still on the stock PCM with out fueling/timing adjustibilities?

Thanks,
Shawn

3.0 pulley, stock ECM, now adjustments to fueling or timming, KR is only spikes when it is floored.
The car is a handfull to drive, need LSD and better tires.