Aluminum reproduction GN wheels :)

Will you be purchasing a new set of aluminum GN wheels?

• Yes, I will be pre-ordering ASAP!

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Yes, when I get the money.

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Nah, I'll just keep my stock steel rims for now.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Already have aftermarket wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Waiting for reproduction GNX wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%

• Total voters

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
I've exchanged an email or two with Brian inquiring on the status of the aluminum GN wheels and what progress is being made.

Brian stated that they are about 90 days out :biggrin: and they will be taking pre-orders. Of course, none of this is set in stone, but for pre-orders they plan to try and keep the cost to around $1k per set. Cost per wheel will probably be in the $250-$300 range when all is said and done.

As far as the center cap issue goes, Brian stated that the manufacturer says that using the regular center caps will not be an issue. However, they are still debating whether to have new ones fabbed up anyway. Also, the manufacturer says that there is enough clearance for oversided brake calipers.

From what I understand, all of the wheels will be 15x8 and they will cut them down to 15x7 to get the stock size if needed.

I just wanted to post this to hopefully get some more attention on this subject and help make this a lucrative endeavor for Brian at gbodyparts.com. I know A LOT of us have dreamed of an aluminum GN wheel to keep that stock look. For a while, I didn't think it was going to happen. Personally, I am relieved that the aluminum GN wheel is coming to fruition before the GNX repros, should that ever happen. I believe Brian is going to sell a lot more of these than he thinks. Lets hope so!!

Even though I'm looking forward to see these, I probably won't buy any (in the near future at least :rolleyes:) as I've already bought some new wheels this winter...

Claude. :)

trans damm said:
why no stock gn style in 17" that would be awesome.

I agree. I like the look of the GN wheel, but it's too small and heavy.
An alum repro in 17" would be the fiszhit!

Centerline makes a billet GN style wheel in multiple diameters. Not my style but an option.

I have Pro stars but might switch to make it look a bit more stock. Not that a GN would be a sleeper no matter what wheels you have on it.

I have to get it running first...and put Reaper's old turbo to use:biggrin:

I'd like to see some + size GN wheels. Don't see why they could not be made. If I saw some 18" GN wheels with a rolled lip, and closely resembling a stock wheel, but modernized I'd buy them in a second. They could look nice.

Edit, I saw this and thought it was a new thread. I'm an idiot. Nevermind. :p

I'd like to see some + size GN wheels. Don't see why they could not be made. If I saw some 18" GN wheels with a rolled lip, and closely resembling a stock wheel, but modernized I'd buy them in a second. They could look nice.

Hell yeah!!!!

If they ever make 17s, I am ALL IN! And I think they need to make a nice new snap in style center cap, the stock ones are just junk in the design IMHO.

another vote on 17s
love the stock look but want the option of bigger brakes,
15 wont cut it.