Aluminum reproduction GN wheels :)

Will you be purchasing a new set of aluminum GN wheels?

• Yes, I will be pre-ordering ASAP!

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Yes, when I get the money.

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Nah, I'll just keep my stock steel rims for now.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Already have aftermarket wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Waiting for reproduction GNX wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%

• Total voters
I agree. I would also like to see them in 17" but 15" might look bad ass with some white letter BFGs.

yeah. the vendor should really take a proper survey. i personally would not want any gn replicas in 15's.

I couldn't agree more. GN rims in a 17x9.5 and I'm all over that. Make it happen

With the cars going faster and faster, we need to slow them down, and big brakes will not clear 15 inch rims. I love the look of the stocker, but with big brakes its a no go. So I vote for some 17's.

where's the vote option of: no thnx i'll wait for the bigger versions of the GN?
no vote here as of yet:(

Ok guys I see alot of you want 17". This is where me as the venor & listening has to also come in from past experiences.
Also on that threa that we started in 12/08 was just that to get an opinion. Alot of 16,17,&18 back then.
It was broken up. I pulled my recors & went thru our sales. 15X8 was the best seller.

What I have to do as far as laying out $ to build these is to see where we can recover the quickest from the cash out lay. Once we get that back then we can check into doing 17". As a business I see alot of cars that were built that go for re-sale. Believe me the stock cars pull more $ then anything modified. Modify a 9k mile car to your liking. The try & re-sell after dumng a ton of $ into it. You will not pull anywhere the same amount as if it was still stock.

So looking back at our sales & modifying the rims 15 x 8" is the choice. We can widen to 9" or 10" rather easily. cutting down to make a 6" or 7" is even easier & less expensive.

Most of you know my wife had Cancer & battled it for a year & passed away the end of last May. This did sit me back quite a bit.

This is where we are at now. A Stock GN cap was not designed to work on an aluminum rim. We are at the end of producing a GN cap with no metal tabs that lock under the lug nuts.
It will be stock appearing. The back of it will look like a T,GTA, or a GNX cap.
The GN center hub only will be sized & shaped like the GTA center where it will accept our new cap. It will also allow The GNX cap, The GTA cap, & a t-type center cap.

This has also brought on an added expense & Time. We are working on it as time allows.

4" Back space?

The OEM 15" by 7" had close to a 3 1/2" back space, will the 15" by 8" have a 4" backspace to keep the wheel in the same overall location?

Also will these aluminum wheels be clear coated like OEM wheels for easy care?

Who's got to photoshop skills to put some 18's on a lowered GN and make it look plausible? I can't see it looking bad. I love the look of the GN wheel. It's part of the identity of these cars.

Who's got to photoshop skills to put some 18's on a lowered GN and make it look plausible? I can't see it looking bad. I love the look of the GN wheel. It's part of the identity of these cars.

i gotchu....be back in 10 minutes :smile:

dont ask me what exact size this is lol it is a plus sized wheel and lowered the car.....

Attachments

• 1987_Buick_Grand_National22.jpg
    1987_Buick_Grand_National22.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 1987_Buick_Grand_National800.jpg
    1987_Buick_Grand_National800.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,371
dont ask me what exact size this is lol it is a plus sized wheel and lowered the car.....

holy chit!!:eek: thats exactly what im talkin about! ive been hoping someone would photoshop a larger set of GN rims and theyre even nicer than i imagined! i would send money today if they could look just like that

holy chit!!:eek: thats exactly what im talkin about! ive been hoping someone would photoshop a larger set of GN rims and theyre even nicer than i imagined! i would send money today if they could look just like that

i agree.....i think its super sexy!!!!

NOT BAD! The something looks off with the rear, but it gives you a very good idea what it would look like. Thanks! Good job. Now I'm gonna be obsessed about this. This is really the only thing I want wheel wise, except some Forgeline wheels that I will never be able to afford.

NOT BAD! The something looks off with the rear, but it gives you a very good idea what it would look like. Thanks! Good job.
yeah the angle of the car is weird....like the rear sits lower but it gives you a pretty dang close idea of the sexyness of 18" GN replica's on a lowered car. personally i love it.

your welcome :smile:

NOT BAD! The something looks off with the rear, but it gives you a very good idea what it would look like. Thanks! Good job. Now I'm gonna be obsessed about this. This is really the only thing I want wheel wise, except some Forgeline wheels that I will never be able to afford.

Agreed!

But for now, when those 15s come out, I'm all over them. I'll be pre-ordering

They would be cool. I'd just roll the stock ones for street duty, but bigger brakes will not allow it.

The front of that PShop car is dead nutz. Classy. I'm in love.

The OEM 15" by 7" had close to a 3 1/2" back space, will the 15" by 8" have a 4" backspace to keep the wheel in the same overall location?

Also will these aluminum wheels be clear coated like OEM wheels for easy care?

The factory has 3.75 rear spacing. The 8 will have 4" back spacing. They will be set up llike the GTA front wheels. You can run 8" all the way around with no clearance problems if you chose to.