Another 9 Second 109

Congrats Dan!

Cool to see a P-trim 70 in the 9's.

What converter are you running ?

Dan,

I didn't get to meet you at the Phoenix event but I got to see your car run a couple of times and break the driveshaft too unfortunately. Congrats on the 9 second time slip!! Keep up the good work.

Neal

Thanks again for the congrats!

Turbo, yes I run AL GN1 heads.

That pass was a 1.42 60ft. The bottom end on my motor is all forged/billet, no girdle. Rear end is mosers and the driveshaft is a new AL inland 4". I broke my 3.5" AL driveshaft at the WCN's, if the 4" fails it's back to steel for me!

Krom, get the wires..... they are a good omen, you'll be in the 10's. ;)

PM'd ya!

;)

How did you pull that 1.42 60ft?? was that off the foot brake (what psi) or off a trans brake (what psi).. whats your set up, H&R bar? air bags? upper and lowers?.. thanks, and congrads on your 9 sec slip..

To bad I missed you Neal, unfortunately I spent most of that weekend running around looking for a driveshaft. I was impressed to hear you drove your car from California, raced and drove back home.

There really is nothing special about my suspension or launch. HR bar, UMI uppers, no-name tubular lowers that I got for free, no airbags. I usually leave off the transbrake around 10PSI.

Hey Russ, I'll be expecting my commission check any day now. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

TQ is the key to any combo :)

My TQ is an Art Carr N stall that has been reworked. I had the stall raised a bit. I can now spool a pro-tree no problem.

TQ is the key to any combo :)

My TQ is an Art Carr N stall that has been reworked. I had the stall raised a bit. I can now spool a pro-tree no problem.

Congrats on your 9 sec pass. Dan, do you have any info to post about your converter efficiency? Im curious as i have 2 AC converters i am sending back for a re-stall/tightening. Im losing too much up top.

Love my 70 p-trim. Spools like mad. :cool: /QUOTE]

Hey Dan, Which exhaust housing are you using? I just put a .85 precision on replaced a .63 precision, and I can no longer say "spools like mad" But it does seem to pull harder once the boost comes in.

Scott, I'm running the .63 housing.

I do have a GTQ that has a .85 housing. It did OK with my combo. I have a video of how it spooled if you want to see. Never got the boost above 19PSI with that turbo, I should try it again.

Sorry, I really don't have much data on my converter efficiency. I can say the RPM/MPH though the traps was similar before/after the rework.

Scott, I'm running the .63 housing.

I do have a GTQ that has a .85 housing. It did OK with my combo. I have a video of how it spooled if you want to see. Never got the boost above 19PSI with that turbo, I should try it again.

Sorry, I really don't have much data on my converter efficiency. I can say the RPM/MPH though the traps was similar before/after the rework.

OK, so out of curiosity about converters, and if you don't mind sharing the info.......what kind of rpm thru the traps ? What size tires ? Are you shifting into OD ? What was involved in the "rework" and was it done by Art ?

I only ask because I had an A/C "N" stall and it was way too loose....even after tightening it....it was still not right for me. I am currently trying to get as much info about converters as I can.

Thanks,
Clayton

OK, so out of curiosity about converters, and if you don't mind sharing the info.......what kind of rpm thru the traps ? What size tires ? Are you shifting into OD ? What was involved in the "rework" and was it done by Art ?

I only ask because I had an A/C "N" stall and it was way too loose....even after tightening it....it was still not right for me. I am currently trying to get as much info about converters as I can.

Thanks,
Clayton

clayton, he has a th 400 trans.