ANOTHER Great Deal On A XFI

Nice Dave....about what we have come to expect from you. Go back and watch the video if you want.....my driving possibly saved the other driver from being injured. Yes, it almost cost me my car and I can't say I would do the same thing again. I gained some experience and can tell you if I'm in the same situation again, the other driver will get a Regal in his door. I'd rather run over a car than a concrete wall....call me selfish.

When you make enough power to worry about traction, you can give me some pointers.

I saw the video it resembled a 16 year old girl locking up the brakes, closing her eyes and wrecking the car because a squirrel crossed the road.

Amazing how many different version of this story are out.
Why would you use an on board fire system if you had a flame from the exhaust:confused:

Atleast this is what i heard,But we know how rumors start

Yes it is amazing!

Guess you can't believe everything you read.:biggrin:

Did you double check all of your bolts too?:eek: :eek:

You mean the bolt that holds the shaft to the rack. Yes I did, and I beveled it so it would engage the shaft better and shared my experiences with others here. I guess I could have blamed it on TRZ like you guys would have:eek:

You mean the bolt that holds the shaft to the rack. Yes I did, and I beveled it so it would engage the shaft better and shared my experiences with others here. I guess I could have blamed it on TRZ like you guys would have:eek:

Dusty,You mean TRZ didnt pay to have the body work done on your car?????
Flipping unbielievable.
I will now cruise the internet bad mouthing them :D

To answer your questions...here's from personal experience. Are these numerous failures or an isolated incident you bring up to try and make your argument look better:rolleyes:

Unexplained flash mode no starts??? Trying to start the car with a drained battery or improper voltage to the ecm.

Loggers not working right??? Seen this personally on local cars I tune. 3 cars with improper logging set-up in laptop, 1 car with external logger not wired properly. Have also helped other racers with trigger set-ups or issues triggering logger at wrong time during staging......all these are user issues. Sure they don't want to admit it but it's a fact. How do you think I learned. I messed up and learned from mistakes.

Because they have been known to blow up motors and they don't want to be next??? I only know of one case...your's. And I recall witness accounts of warning signs you ignored.....maybe you just couldn't hear what other's did while driving your own car. I would chalk this up as not knowing what's going on with your own car. I can tell my valves are out of adjustment by the lope of the cam.....can you really tell what your motor is doing.

Loss of cam sync??? Also seen this personally. Cause...bad pickup in MSD product.

Unexplained burnt up IAC drivers??? Disconnecting the IAC while the car is running or a bad IAC takes out driver in XFI. Could this be designed better by FAST...sure. We are sharing that info here to help others. I can see this as an oversight in the design but another issue is the age and function of our GM IAC's.

So, with fully charged battery should it be a no-start because of flash mode without the pins grounded?? DESIGN FLAW!!!! This box has done it in every way. I am not aware if it has with a 16v battery, unless Fiscus has one, but his was low on charge at the time.

Cam Sync: Cal and Jason have bad MSD pickups? Glad the conclusion to that has been reached.

IACS: I didn't know that, thanks for the follow up

Loggers: You are right, sometimes you never get follow ups on the real issue behind the loggers. I guess we'll keep a eye on that one.

My Problem: Yes, in hindsight I should have lifted , I didn't just like Otto didn't when he melted down his motor at BG. I guess we are both idiots, but in my case it was a problem with the box, not valves, workmanship, ect. I'm sure you can sit back and say you know it all with your motor, but lots of us don't including the pros on TV when they blow up thier $hit. You and others were not in the car at the time, so it is easy for criticism. I recall Otto saying when looking at the FAST data logs that you would not know anything was wrong. Bottom line is I am paying for the new motor, that is doing my part. FAST fixed their POS box (or did they?) like I would expect any company to do in the situation. I wish I had a job where I wasn't responsible for my actions/product.:rolleyes: Just because they say they don't doesn't mean they shouldn't and they can't have the carnage their product produced thrown out there for other to see.

I was there,It wasnt a bolt problem.:smile:

I guess a old set of heads that Terry Houston ran 8's with back in the days, then multiple TSM record passes on them wouldn't have anything to do with one cracking???:rolleyes:

Must have been the 250 shot we used.

Proof,Well i didnt record our telephone conversation,So no i cant

But I guess that would mean you are a liar,As this is what YOU told me.

Oh it can be sold,I wont sell it.There is nothing better on the market IMO.

BTW what did F.A.S.T not do for you that they were required?

As far as i heard,They repaired your box and installed a internal logger.
And all this was after your warranty was up.
So they went well beyond what they were REQUIRED to do for you.
In reality they HAD to do nothing for you.
I realize this is less than you feel you were owed.

Man I hope for the worlds sake no part on your car ever goes bad and hurts your new motor.
I wonder if Weldon would have done more,Or MSD,or Crower,Or ........
Did you make BS3 sign something giving you engine replacement if their ecu faults and hurts your motor:rolleyes:

It really really sucks what happened Ted,And it sucks how it happened.
But no company I know of would have done any more than they did,
Some may have done less

I can go into my bank records and pull up the check I wrote, but I won't waste my time as I did not get a box for free. Wish I would have though....

Yes FAST fixed their POS box and tested it. :eek: Easy for me to sell with that behind me.

I am beginning to consider Dusty's comment how NO OTHER engines have failed as a result of XFI, that maybe there is more to the story on the box. Care to send me the copy of BETA #37 you have?

$hit happens, its how it gets resolved and the matter it gets resolved is what makes or breaks it. We all hang it out on the line making a pass with losing the car on the betting table. I would expect tuners to man up to a problem/mistake then take part in a cover up scheme if they were responsible for a mistake, or any parts manufacture.

My Problem: Yes, in hindsight I should have lifted , I didn't just like Otto didn't when he melted down his motor at BG. I guess we are both idiots

I agree with this statement 100%

I FELT there was a problem but did not lift as it was eliminations and I was gunning for a win.
Damn that Fiscus:D

I would expect tuners to man up to a problem/mistake then take part in a cover up scheme if they were responsible for a mistake, or any parts manufacture.

Who is the tuner you are refering to and what are you implying?

Cam Sync: Cal and Jason have bad MSD pickups? Glad the conclusion to that has been reached.

I wasn't aware Jason had a problem with the cam sync. I don't remember having one either, but it's been a few months since I ran my car. I'll call Jason to get the details.

Man, I thought this pimple already busted.....

As long as the post stay technical, please continue. BUT, leave out the personal squabbles or take it to PM or t6p.com - Turbo Buick Regal Resource

Bill, if you want a clean thread for the sale of your FAST please just let me know.

I wasn't aware Jason had a problem with the cam sync. I don't remember having one either, but it's been a few months since I ran my car. I'll call Jason to get the details.

I thought you were very aware of the problem at BG when you ran up to the car and put the magic fix on it and he went on to win the round. The car sounded like a top fuel dragster and from what he said you knew exactly how to fix it. A simple re-start. He thought it had lost cam sync is what he said. I'm surprised you don't remember that.

I remember distinctly you were dropping your car off at FAST last year after Indy if I'm not mistaking so they could try to get your car to replicate the cam sync but after hurting the motor at Indy you did not end up doing that. It's been a while, but I remember how upset you were after the DQ in Norwalk (Flash/No start) and you said it was BS and you were tired of the problems with the XFI's and were going to get to the bottom of this with Lance and brought up your loss of Cam sync problems you had as well as others with Flash/no start problems. I also remember how you said they wanted your car as they were not able to replicate this.

I do remember Jason's car acting up. I have no idea how you determined it was a cam sync problem. Jason's car has a distributor (that's why he dumped the BS3) and doesn't even need a cam sync to run.

I did plan on taking my car to FAST to test some things after Indy. Since you remember so much about me, I'm sure you also remember the engine was NOT hurt when it left Indy. Visiting FAST didn't fit into my family's plans, just like I wasn't able to meet up with you while I was in MI.

Care to answer my previous question?

HELLO! I am going to close this thread. This is a tech area. I opened a place for this stuff. Most members don't want to read it.... Trust me, plenty let me know.

Keep the personal out of TECH please!