Another New Best 10.55 @ 123.7 on 21-22psi

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Went out for some 60ft testing on 21-22psi boost and was surprised.
20140815_230240[1].jpg

EMPTY WEIGHT:Never scaled
BLOCK: Girdled Weber Stroker bored .030 over
HEADS:Weber
CAM: Weber 214/214 .548 lift
TRANSMISSION:Jimmys
TORQUE CONVERTER: PTC 9.5 17 blade
DIFFERENTIAL: Strange Dana 60 3.54 detroit locker
INTERCOOLER: Front mount
THROTTLE BODY:68mm
RJC POWER PLATE: NO
INJECTORS:120#
THERMOSTAT:160
TURBOCHARGER:6768HPQ
VALVE SPRINGS:941 comps
MAF: No
DOWN PIPE:THDP
EXHAUST: Dynomax Bullet
FUEL PUMP:Fuelab 1300hp
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:Fuelab electronic
FUEL PRESSURE:46psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: Yes
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: M/T ET Street 295/65/15
AIR BAG(s):Yes
SUSPENSION: 90/10 struts
SCAN TOOL:scanmaster 2.2 and Power Logger
FUEL: E85
CHIP: TurboTweak SD2
CHIP TIMING: 20 in 1,2 and 18 in 3rd
KNOCK RETARD: None
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:780's
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:900ft
TEMPERATURE:72 degrees
PEAK BOOST: 21-22
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 10-12psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 1k on motor 116k on body

Here is a 1.59 60ft spinning from too much boost off the line

Very nice , thanks for the combo write up , that 6768 is a nasty turbo . Great build ! A lot left in that .

just read through your other thread! :cool: Nice work!

Thanks guys.
I finally got the 60ft to 1/8th down pretty good. I now need to work on shifting manually and tuning 3rd gear.
Took lots of thought and planning to get my suspension working good. It's all a big puzzle until that last piece fits perfectly. I need just a few lbs in the ps rear bag to level it out.
Sway bar was the first thing to come off ohio.

You and I have basically the same MPH, but your ET is waaay better! Congrats on a great 60 ft time. Are your rear QA1s single or double adjustable? What setting do you use? Thx.

Thanks
The TTA's have a torque arm that lifts the car, so I wanted to play with different pinion angles to get it right. My rear springs and shocks are stock with the exception of air bags on each side. Of course all of this utilizes adjustable lower control arms... That helps the tires dig in. But getting all this stuff to work together can be a pain.
Every car is different in tuning, so I would think tune has a lot to do with it. My SD2 chip is sweet.

It sure plants 'em and goes. Impressive launch. I just recently installed QA1s and adjustable uppers, so I've got some tweaking to do.

Great runs!!! I also ran 101 in the 1/8 last time out and went 126.95 in the 1/4 with a 6265....With some tuning in 3rd as you mentioned that thing should pick up several MPH....I really think I'm going to try out the SD2 chip next season...You mentioned wanting to manually shift...At what RPM ??

This new converter flashes at 52-5300 rpm and the tranny wants to shift at that same rpm now. It needs to be wound out to 5800rpm. I did some testing on the street shifting manually and it felt much faster, but launching that hard without a ratchet shifter is nearly impossible.

That 6768 turbo is a beast for sure. I have an .85 housing just waiting to go on after I get it all dialed in.

This new converter flashes at 52-5300 rpm and the tranny wants to shift at that same rpm now. It needs to be wound out to 5800rpm. I did some testing on the street shifting manually and it felt much faster, but launching that hard without a ratchet shifter is nearly impossible.

That 6768 turbo is a beast for sure. I have an .85 housing just waiting to go on after I get it all dialed in.
My tranny is shifting too high at 6300..Had the governor adjusted to try and get it to about 5600 which is were I was told it should be....The tranny guy said it would not get down to 5600 with just the adjustment....Was told I was giving up a lot shifting that high...Sounds like we are both wanting to manually shift but for opposite reasons....Let me know how it goes on the manual shift next time out!!

nice ET! im running a 6768 on my tr . I have a 70GTQ on the TTA not sure if it will be faster its a .20 over merkle built engine and merkle ported heads oil flow mods exc

K guys. I am updating this thread because I really need motivation.
car has been down WAY TOO long and just sitting on stands.
I bought brand new TA Eliminator heads and had them ported. Have to fab a downpipe and exhaust and im done, but this thing should MOVE OUT pretty good. I also put a .85 ex. housing on it and TA race headers.
My goal is to run 9.2-9.5 in the quarter now. Im not saying it WILL do that, but thats the goal for now.