Any Ideas?

Just a Six??

OK! Who Farted??
Got the motor in & turned the key & fires up instantly! First time everytime & sounds really good BUT only runs for 4-5 secs. Like it runs outta fuel. The guage reads good & adjusted my New reg from 40-45 to make sure its working. Holds great pressure after shutdown. I jumped the FP hotwire & let it run while starting & same thing. Like I have no gas after 4 secs but guage says all is fine. All fuses are good.
Could a Cam sensor do this? I believe they just start the car & thats about it.
New fuel filter installed & hotwire is working with key on. I can hear the gas moving thru the rail & especially when everything was dry from the build over winter. I know its something small? Car sounds great for that few secs with instant startup everytime!

All Ideas Welcome! Thanks!!

Would the car run smooth for 4 secs if the crank sensor was outta whack?
If the thing ran rough I would almost have a better idea where to look but it runs great for the little amount of time it does run.

Did you change the chip too? It sounds like what happens with an anti-theft feature in a chip if you don't disarm it prior to start up.

Did you change the chip too? It sounds like what happens with an anti-theft feature in a chip if you don't disarm it prior to start up.

No same chip but I will take it out & reseat it. Thanks!!

I know its something obvious like that?

Thinking about it probably ran closer to 3 secs. For some reason I keep thinking the cam sensor? Tomorrow I will completely reset it from step 1.
Then I'll run gas thru the rail into a jug & see how fast its coming out. Also double check the crank sensor & chip seating. Other than that I have no ideas??

Do you have the hotwire harness hooked up properly?

I don't think the engine would fire at all with any of the major sensors misadjusted.

Hasnt been touched since last year but I will double check all fuses & connections anyways. Cant hurt. Thanks!

Sounds to me like it is spark related. Check your fuses under the dash board, ignition module and crank sensor. I had a simmilar issue before and it was a broke wire going to the cam sensor. You need to check it with a volt meter before the cam sensor plugs into the engine harness and check the engine harness as well. The wire can be broken under the loom so thats why you have to probe it.

Same exact thing happened when my maf went bad. Ironically took a crap right after I broke the motor in. Start, idle up, then rpms would decline and die unless I kept my foot on the gas and even if it was steady it would act like it was running out of gas.

ttypewhite: Nice car! I like how you color matched the wheels and bumpers, and the rub strips with the white, looks smooth:cool: