Any Skydivers on Board?

HP Man

I've always wanted to do this so this summer it will happen. Planning a AFF Jump with instructors guiding me through the free fall. It should be a blast to do. Whatcha Think. Gene PS. I'm an Old Goat to Boot!

Too much time on hand, still poor weather here in MN. Most TR owners are multi-talented hence my question. I live an active life and love every day. I'm a 1600 hr pilot but this venture looks like a blast. Loved the movies, "Drop Zone" and "Point Break" and others. "Performance in Life is my Goal" Gene

The wife and I did it a couple of years ago. I'm afraid of heights, but it was great. The hardest part is looking out that door and talking your body into falling out of it. Once you're out the door, it's great. Scary, but great.

Cool!

In all the years that i've been on this board, no one has ever posted a skydive thread till now. I have always figured that since you've got to be a bit of a Adrenalin Junkie to own a Turbo Buick, that there might be a good number of jumpers here. I just did my 517th jump yesterday. It's still just as fun as when I first started jumping 9 years ago. If anyone ever gets the chance, I'd highly recommend doing at least a tandom jump once in your life. Statistically, the most dangerous part of this day would be the drive to and from the dropzone, or your wife kicking your @$$ for doing it, once she found out.:eek: I'll try and post a few pics when I get a chance.

Blue skies, and Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard
D-27222
USPA coach

Is there any way to jump out without being attached to an instructor looking like ur buttfuking him? That ruins it for me. Something I have always wanted to do tho.

Don't worry.

Is there any way to jump out without being attached to an instructor looking like ur buttfuking him? That ruins it for me. Something I have always wanted to do tho.

It aint nothin like that. The Tandom Master is on top. He's the one dry-humpin YOUR @$$. ;) :D

You don't have to do a tandom first. You can do a level 1 AFF jump your first time. It's about 4 to 5 hours of ground training. Then you jump with a jumpmaster at each side of you holding on. Once your under canopy, they'll talk you all the way down to the ground with radios.

Some dropzones have wind tunnels. It's just like doing a jump, but with out the jump.

Mike B.

This is at my home DZ. Perris Valley, CA.

If you've never had the wind blowing threw your toes at 160 mph, then you don't know what your missing.:D
jump052.jpg

103_0351.jpg

Mike Barnard

So what are the fail safes? How many backup shootes are there and who packs them?

dam Mike lets go!!!!!

When ever you want. I go all the time. So far, I've asked about a dozen brave:rolleyes: Turbo Buick people to go, and so far, zero takers. I think that I've just about got Lou convinced to do it. All I need to do is set up a clothing optional, beer garden/ petting zoo in the landing area, and I can seal the deal.:D

Mike B.

Hey Spool

Have you tried out them wing suits yet? I seen they have a couple diff options, 1 for speed, one for distance and one for tricks and whatnot

So what are the fail safes? How many backup shootes are there and who packs them?

Not sure where to start with this one, but I will say that this sport is much safer then it was 20, or even 10 years ago. You wont find any round canopies in the air any more. It's all ram airs that land similar to an airplane. It's been over 400 jumps since I've had anything other then a nice stand up landing. Here's how I roll.

* 135 sq. ft. main canopy. I repack it in about 9 minutes. (One guy at my DZ jumps a 37 sq. ft:eek: ).

*143 sq. ft. reserve. (Only needed it once:eek: ) Must be repacked every 6 months by a Fed. Lic. rigger. He takes about two very careful hours to repack it. (I've watched).

*Wrist altimeter. See photo above.

*Helmet. Not worn in photo above.;)

*Audible altimeter. Fits inside helmet. Beeps at different altitudes while in freefall. If you start to go low, it "screams" at you.

*AAD: Automatic Activation Device. If I get knocked unconscious, or forget to pull, this device will atomatically deploy my reserve if I get below about 750 ft. AGL.

There's more stuff, but this is the basics.

i'm in mike let me know your next jump and how much money i need thanx.

Mike the wife wants to go also let me know..

Hey Spool

Have you tried out them wing suits yet? I seen they have a couple diff options, 1 for speed, one for distance and one for tricks and whatnot

Have not tryed a wing suit yet, but hope to in the next month or two.

Mike B.

YouTube - Fast Parachute!

Here's a cool clip of (Luigi) one of the guys that I jump with. I've seen him land his 37 sq. ft. canopy many times. The thing looks like a car cover for a moped:eek: .

Enjoy...